Automatic quarry placement and deployment [CC Turtles]

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

LeoMC

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys,

I need some of you guys to help me out with this. What I'm basically wanting to do is have a automatic setup placing quarries from QuarryPlus. They can be 256*256. Counting the spaces isn't fun at all, and takes some time, so I thought let's have a turtle do it. I guess it would be great if it would be semi-automatic but I'm guessing clicking the torches and then placing the quarry needs to be done by hand. My setup:

4BMADST.png

That's what the turtle would do. The angel blocks can be replaced by anything solid.

The complete setup:

SB2s23c.png

I'd place down the tesseracts and the quarries and click the torches manually.

I'm running Unleashed with some additional mods(like the QuarryPlus).

I'd appreciate any kind of help!

LeoMC

Jul 29, 2019
I figured it out, works but the chunk loading turtle is broken. I'll need to come up with a solution for that...

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
I figured it out, works but the chunk loading turtle is broken. I'll need to come up with a solution for that...

That's a nice concept.

Recently had to lay out 16 max-sized BC Quarries for an experiment and wasn't looking forward to that part. However, I found using the F9 chunk boundary view as a guide -- hit it twice, for the green grid -- made this task quick and easy.

Simply place your first marker, remember the Y coord, then fly/run off in one direction, counting the green curtains till you get to the fourth (or in your case, eighth).

Place, set, turn right, skip off again. Repeat. Done. :)

Last edited:

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
Not sure about the quarry plus landmarks, but the regular BC landmarks will show you their max reach distance with a laser if given a redstone signal (and it's no longer needed to align quarries on chunk boundaries to get max size).

LeoMC

Jul 29, 2019
That works with them as well, but as soon as the marker gets out of render distance it disappears. I really need some help with this, anybody? :/

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
But if you can use a turtle to place tesseract and qurray then you dont need the landmarks becuase when the qurray is finish the turtle can pick up and continue.

LeoMC

Jul 29, 2019
I want the maximum sized ones. I need a chunkloading program, maybe place down a normal chunkloader in each chunk and pick em up later... Idk.

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
I want the maximum sized ones. I need a chunkloading program, maybe place down a normal chunkloader in each chunk and pick em up later... Idk.

Yes but by keeping it in normal size you dont need the landmarks and then you dont need to place them.

I will try to make that for me to see if its working.

LeoMC

Jul 29, 2019
The main problem is that the chunk loading turtle is broken. I need a solution for that.

LeoMC

Jul 29, 2019
The problem is the chunk loading. That's the only thing which needs to be fixed. Everything else already figured out.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
What about a pair of chunkloaders working in x/z-line mode. You don't need to load the entire quarry areas (the quarries will do that once they're placed), you just need to load enough to get the landmarks down. I'm pretty sure chickenchunks loaders can handle that much chunkloading if it's just in a straight line.

Reactions: Niels Henriksen