Shoop LP [Season 3 restart] [Ended 2/10/14]

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
So those reading the other thread already know TS1 got reset in order to correct a few issues. Having to start over a 3rd time for this build I've packed my things up and headed over to Dave's LP server since being an LP server will have less resets.

So first things first stopped at Dave's place for some supplies (mostly just tools and food) and then off into the wilds. I did check out his nether access for some early wart.

Something tells me someone here does not like the nether.

New lands!
by Saice, on Flickr

So 2000 some blocks later found a nice place to call home. Just need a project idea and then I can get started. Still going to go heavy magic but don't think I'm going to go the zero power route this time. It was interesting but without some basic stuff it makes some things nearly imposable or just overly time consuming like making your own sand. I really want to dig into Blood Magic more so I think that is going to be my starting point. Once I get past the hovel stage. But first its going to be a lot of resource collecting as always.

New lands!
by Saice, on Flickr

For those of you wondering where I am in relation to Dave and others here is my trip map after exploring and finding my new home.

Last edited:

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Port for a magic town?

Yeah I'm thinking I want to try and do a mutli-building build of some sort that follows the land scape if I can. There is two near by villages I could "borrow" town folks from so that might be an idea.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Nice cutlass. That's a cutlass right? No Shoop on TS1? I was starting an instance to get on there. No one is on TS1. :(

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
maby a medivil village theme thats on the verge of a steam punk esk type build so that the technology makes sense?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Nice cutlass. That's a cutlass right? No Shoop on TS1? I was starting an instance to get on there. No one is on TS1. :(

Yeah Dave had the guard for it. so I made one while visiting.

Yeah TS1 really needed a reset. I moved over to Dave's LP server for the stability with my LP thread. There is a few people on there with us and you do have an LP going you can always ask him about it.

Reactions: RedBoss

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Follow the shoop!

Also, nice place, Origin Valley is pretty decent - Steam Valley is much better, though.

Throw the rotten tomatoes at me, that was bad and I'm feeling bad.

Reactions: abculatter_2

Christian Sinclair

Jul 29, 2019
Follow the shoop!

Also, nice place, Origin Valley is pretty decent - Steam Valley is much better, though.

Throw the rotten tomatoes at me, that was bad and I'm feeling bad.

That took me far too long to get, and you should be bathed in the shame of your ancestors...

back to the OT: Love the location Saice. and a magical port does sound pretty cool, but you have to have an Isenguard-esque feel to it, with a big menacing tower overlooking everything.

Reactions: the_j485

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Congrats man! Origin valleys are definitely the best biome. Also, that weapon you have. Is it a cutlass?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Congrats man! Origin valleys are definitely the best biome. Also, that weapon you have. Is it a cutlass?

Yeah its a cutlass Dave had the part pattern for it at his place so I made one before heading out. The special effect on it has limited use but is handy as a gap closer on skeletons.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Yeah its a cutlass Dave had the part pattern for it at his place so I made one before heading out. The special effect on it has limited use but is handy as a gap closer on skeletons.
Did the ability on a cutlass change? Last time I made one it seemed to be able to hit once for half damage between each normal hit.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Did the ability on a cutlass change? Last time I made one it seemed to be able to hit once for half damage between each normal hit.

It seems to now grant a haste buff if you get hit while block is up. The buff last a few seconds.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
only down side... Full guard does not seem to be a craftable pattern. But I did find two in a village.

yup, that's right. the pattern for the guard for a cutlass can only be found in the chests of TiC villagers and are not possible to be crafted.
though you can make casts out of the guards, but those can only be used in the smeltery :(

Saice

Jul 29, 2019