How a Buildcraft Refinery should look...

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Previously on ScottulusMaximus....
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...ers-warning-lots-of-images.29667/#post-403502

PROUDLY BROUGHT TO YOU BY GUNDERSON'S NUTS
They'r Nutso Fabulous
@Direwolf20
@JSDKirby cool looks pretty Awesome!

AND NOW!!!!

A suggestion to the fantastic Buildcraft dev team, instead of good ol CovertJaguar(EDIT: according to the most reliable sources it was actually Player) nerfing your fuel, the cornerstone of MinecraftJoules!!! Show the other devs that fuel is NOT OP by introducing a new refinery. Bigger, better and uhm bigger... I give you the future refinery and Minecraft's first true MULTIblock:-

t06NvHd.jpg

xeaDoRW.jpg

AUbDwlJ.png

Now I know you're thinking that's a bit much for a refinery and you'd be right... I'm a belt and braces type of chap so that's actually 3 next to each other... For the average minecrafter one would serve all their needs;)

UP NEXT:-
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/1-5-2-the-box-the-powah-and-the-tree-house.49934/

Last edited:

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
That refinery is amazing. Now we just need a 10x size BOILER.
Just FYI, I am only peripherally involved in the fuel changes. I added the config so you can change them back.

Player is the one who nerfed them.
Well thanks for the configs at least. ;) One thing though: isn't Player an IC2 dev? If so, why does he have any say on how BC and RC works? After all, IC2 should never be able to dictate the balance of the mod environment at large. No mod IMO should, let alone a mod whose own balance is considered.....highly questionable by a fair amount of players right now.

Last edited:

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Just FYI, I am only peripherally involved in the fuel changes. I added the config so you can change them back.

Player is the one who nerfed them.

Hahaha was being tongue in cheek but will edit the OP, thanks for the response;)[DOUBLEPOST=1384412382][/DOUBLEPOST]
That refinery is amazing. Now we just need a 10x size BOILER.

Hmmmm that's actually a good idea, will have a think on how to make it look and function like a 10x boiler tho instead of just a massive grey block...

Reactions: YX33A

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
moving that thing would be a pain in the *$*%*# :p it'd be a whole lot easier though if the Buildcraft Builder would come back, but I guess right now it's still quite some work to get the builder back :(

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
moving that thing would be a pain in the *$*%*# :p it'd be a whole lot easier though if the Buildcraft Builder would come back, but I guess right now it's still quite some work to get the builder back :(

Indeed it would, although probably about half as long as it took to build it because I built all the tank outlines in cobble thinking I could just equal trade in the tank frames, ya that didn't work;)

CovertJaguar

Jul 29, 2019
One thing though: isn't Player an IC2 dev? If so, why does he have any say on how BC and RC works? After all, IC2 should never be able to dictate the balance of the mod environment at large. No mod IMO should, let alone a mod whose own balance is considered.....highly questionable by a fair amount of players right now.

Player also happens to be a Buildcraft Dev (yes, I'm not the only one). And Railcraft has always been balanced around Buildcraft.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Player also happens to be a Buildcraft Dev (yes, I'm not the only one). And Railcraft has always been balanced around Buildcraft.
Oh, I was not actually aware of this. I always thought that you, Sengir and Krapht were the current devs, and that Player was strictly an IC2 dev. Mistake on my part. Still don't agree with the nerf but at least it makes more sense in terms of why it affects both BC and ICE.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I was not actually aware of this. I always thought that you, Sengir and Krapht were the current devs, and that Player was strictly an IC2 dev. Mistake on my part. Still don't agree with the nerf but at least it makes more sense in terms of why it affects both BC and ICE.

I wasn't aware that Krapht was a dev. I always thought it was Sengir, Jaguar, and Player as well as anyone that wanted to edit it through github (Sorry if I'm wrong on how that works. It's how open source projects work as I understand it.)

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
This was the last fuel refinery I designed, produced about 3 buckets of fuel per second. This was the prototype from a test world, the finished one on the main server is below ground so you can't really take pictures of it.

Nice build

I can not help but think it would look cooler with piping instead of tesseracts.

Sarda

Jul 29, 2019
Nice build

I can not help but think it would look cooler with piping instead of tesseracts.

A previous version had that, was this eldritch-horror-tentacle-mess of liquiducts, you couldn't even see most of the machinery from a birds eye view, or where basically anything was coming from or going to. lol

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Eldritch horror? Yeah that would be cooler.

I tend to agree...

@Sarda, however our builds come from completely different design ideas... Your's is about mass producing fuel in vast quantities, my entire goal was to build a multiblock refinery and make it look cool. Yours is a very neat build but the complete opposite of what I was going for...

Last edited:

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I tend to agree, however our builds come from completely different design ideas... Your's is about mass producing fuel in vast quantities, my entire goal was to build a multiblock refinery and make it look cool. Yours is a very neat build but the complete opposite of what I was going for...

Build? I have no build in this thread.

Sarda

Jul 29, 2019
I tend to agree...

@Sarda, however our builds come from completely different design ideas... Your's is about mass producing fuel in vast quantities, my entire goal was to build a multiblock refinery and make it look cool. Yours is a very neat build but the complete opposite of what I was going for...

I am curious on what those 2 solar towers in the background are for, are they part of the refinery?