Translocator usage examples

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't seen many uses of Translocators, but I love them. So, I demoed two ways that I use them, and put it on youtube. How about everyone else? What ways do you use Translocators?

In the video I show how to automate glowstone illuminators for AE systems, and how to automate apiaries without any pipes.

angelnc

Jul 29, 2019
I use them to keep an Ender Chest filled with supplies, so I can always access them via an Ender Pouch.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I use them to keep an Ender Chest filled with supplies, so I can always access them via an Ender Pouch.
Dire, is that you?
But in all seriousness I plan on using them like DW20's design with a steam boiler. Along with BC pipes and Resonant Induction long-range transposer-esque objects

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I like to use translocators to feed factorization routers. They are better than hoppers because they separate the feeder inventory from the router in a way that hoppers don't. They also do not overflow.

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
Has no one else used them like I did in my video to automate apiaries without pipes?

Larandar

Jul 29, 2019
Bee is cool :)
Basic usage: Every time I can use a hopper but it's visible ( Just because they are cool :) ) and for extracting from quarry chest to AE.
The best is with AE interface and IC2 1.6 washing plan, ..., Interface is on top with exporting 1 of each item ( Ores one space over macerator, Crushed ores one space over ores washing plan, ect... ) and this system need less space because translocator feed bucket of water to the washing plan via AE.
Else I use them for supplying a ender chest with sapling/apple/wood , and then next my two 3x3x4 HP boiler I have 4 steam oven. Translocator take wood out to and barrel, out of the barrel to the oven and then out to a barrel. Then supply in the same Ender chest 2x64 charcoal. The design 4 barrel from wood and charcoal are only for buffer if I have problem with AE or RC.
Sadly my world get corrupted today but if someone want picture I will may some tomorrow in creative.

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
Bee is cool :)
Basic usage: Every time I can use a hopper but it's visible ( Just because they are cool :) ) and for extracting from quarry chest to AE.
The best is with AE interface and IC2 1.6 washing plan, ..., Interface is on top with exporting 1 of each item ( Ores one space over macerator, Crushed ores one space over ores washing plan, ect... ) and this system need less space because translocator feed bucket of water to the washing plan via AE.
Else I use them for supplying a ender chest with sapling/apple/wood , and then next my two 3x3x4 HP boiler I have 4 steam oven. Translocator take wood out to and barrel, out of the barrel to the oven and then out to a barrel. Then supply in the same Ender chest 2x64 charcoal. The design 4 barrel from wood and charcoal are only for buffer if I have problem with AE or RC.
Sadly my world get corrupted today but if someone want picture I will may some tomorrow in creative.

Yeah, put up a picture! It would be nice to see your setup.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
One thing I think you can do is, with Wireless Redstone, set something up so that you can have a button/frequency for any liquid you need and have a liquid translocator fill and empty an Ender Chest on demand. A Toggle Latch system would probably be best.

I'll post screenies if I can get it to work.

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
Moving to Community Showcase. Carry on. ;)

I haven't played much with Translocators myself, and haven't really seen them used on the server I play on--I look forward to further examples of clever usage. :)

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Combined with the Ender Chests, it's a great way (although more expensive) of pipeless transport and also managing stock levels. The only limit is the space within the enderchest and adjusting your build layouts to maximise the number of connections on the chest (to reduce cost slightly). I'm going to attempt to setup my entire base to use this system for sorting & storage.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
I currently use translocators from an enderchest into a dropper to my infernal furnace :D

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Combined with the Ender Chests, it's a great way (although more expensive) of pipeless transport and also managing stock levels. The only limit is the space within the enderchest and adjusting your build layouts to maximise the number of connections on the chest (to reduce cost slightly). I'm going to attempt to setup my entire base to use this system for sorting & storage.
That makes me wonder, to pump blocks to a remote loacation could you use the transciever interface from thaumic tinker, could you link it to an enderchest and pumpout blocks quicker?

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
That makes me wonder, to pump blocks to a remote loacation could you use the transciever interface from thaumic tinker, could you link it to an enderchest and pumpout blocks quicker?
Yes. Probably the fastest possible item input/output of ANYTHING would be 24 Translocators.

*shudders*

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, got my Translocators liquid-on-demand system up. Prepare for big images:
2013-10-24_16.29.17.png
2013-10-24_16.30.04.png
Basically, every time you press a button it fill the Ender Tank with the labeled liquid. A second press will empty it. This can work with a Wireless Remote, essentially turning one Ender Tank into a Portable Tank with access to every liquid you have at the press of a button.

How it works is that every pair of Translocators is hooked up with Redstone and set to empty into the tanks by default, so a Redstone signal will reverse it and send all liquid from the chosen tank into the Ender Tank. Obviously not the most space-efficient way to set up the toggle latches/wireless and wiring but you get the idea. I can post further pics and explanation if needed.

Reactions: angelnc and Steel

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, got my Translocators liquid-on-demand system up. Prepare for big images:
Basically, every time you press a button it fill the Ender Tank with the labeled liquid. A second press will empty it. This can work with a Wireless Remote, essentially turning one Ender Tank into a Portable Tank with access to every liquid you have at the press of a button.

How it works is that every pair of Translocators is hooked up with Redstone and set to empty into the tanks by default, so a Redstone signal will reverse it and send all liquid from the chosen tank into the Ender Tank. Obviously not the most space-efficient way to set up the toggle latches/wireless and wiring but you get the idea. I can post further pics and explanation if needed.

This is genius. I hadn't even thought of that use for liquid translocators. I am definitely going to have to setup something like this in my world. One tank and one remote for all my liquids on demand.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
This is genius. I hadn't even thought of that use for liquid translocators. I am definitely going to have to setup something like this in my world. One tank and one remote for all my liquids on demand.
Looking back on it, RedNet Cables would be way better than the Project Red wires I used. If you're gonna do my design use those beause it would save you a lot of space vertically (a good three blocks).

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
Looking back on it, RedNet Cables would be way better than the Project Red wires I used. If you're gonna do my design use those beause it would save you a lot of space vertically (a good three blocks).

And it could be made exclusive with a PRC instead of those latches, so that only one liquid translocator would be active at a time. I mean, it could be done with latches and other tile sized gates too, but a PRC would make it much easier.