Thaumic Infusion | Aspect Effects Ideas

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
logo.png

So, after the release of TC4 I decided to scrap the effects that I had working prior to it, because they seemed boring and unimaginative. So if you have an idea, be it large or small. This is your time to voice it and if it's good I'll implement it into the mod.

Now for those who don't know what this mod is, here is a brief explanation.

Thaumic Infusion is an addon mod for Thamcraft, it's sole purpose is to allow players to be able to infuse aspects (using the new infusing mechanic in TC4) into various blocks. These infused aspects then cause the block to do things, now as an example. You infuse motus in some stone bricks, it will cause all living base entities to get a speed buff when it walks over the block. You infuse Lux, the block becomes a light source. Etc.

Now the thing is to remember, that currently I am only working on structure base blocks. This means blocks that do not have any other purpose other that aesthetics and for buildings, IE: Stone, Cobble, Stone Bricks, Etc.

So that's basically what the mod is, obviously there will be more in the finished product. However that's what the basically is.

Here is a list of all the aspect's in TC4.
  • Aer - Jump Boost
  • Terra
  • Ignis - Sustains a fire above it forever (Nertherrack)
  • Aqua - Causes the block to act as a water source
  • Ordo
  • Perditio
  • Lux - Emits Light
  • Potentia
  • Motus - Give's players speed buffs
  • saxum
  • Victus - Absorption Potion
  • Tempestas
  • Gelum - Low Friction/slippy
  • Vitreus
  • Mortuus - Entities take damage when walking on it
  • Volatus
  • Tenebrae
  • Spiritus
  • Sano
  • Iter
  • Venenum
  • Alienis - Allows you to teleport between two blocks
  • Praecantatio
  • Auram - Releases aspects to any entity with a wand standing on it
  • Vitium
  • Granum
  • Limus
  • Herba - Allows you to plant plants on the block
  • Arbor
  • Bestia - Stops mobs from spawning on the block
  • Corpus
  • Exanimis
  • Cognitio
  • Sensus
  • Humanus
  • Messis
  • Meto
  • Perfodio
  • Instrumentum
  • Telum
  • Tutamen
  • Fames
  • Lucrum
  • Fabrico
  • Pannus
  • Machina - Emits a redstone signal
  • Vinculum
  • Permutatio

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Given the limited availability of aspects (at least until more mods plug into the api) and the easy use of other mods to accomplish lamps and speed roads, etc... I kinda have to wonder what this uniquely offers the mod community?

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the mod is unique due to the fact that you can take any feasible block and infuse it with up to 4 aspects. Which as far as I know, there is nothing out like this.

So, infuse stone with herbs. You'll be able to plant plants on the blocks. Also this only one genre, so after structure blocks are finished I'll start working on other blocks and maybe other mods. I can go anywhere with this mod and so can people who use it. There are 9000+ combinations of aspects that you can infuse in a single block.

Edit: There are 213052 possible combinations to chose from in a single block. So think of it like block enchanting or even tinkers construction block form, but with a thaumcraft spin of it.

Reactions: RedBoss

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
I like this mod...

Maybe aer can give you a small jump boost?

Can gelum make the blocks work like ice?

And victus give you absorbtion.

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
I like this mod...

Maybe aer can give you a small jump boost?

Can gelum make the blocks work like ice?

And victus give you absorbtion.

Aer - Yeah, I had done that with another aspect when I was going off the TC3 aspect list

Gelum - As in it has low friction?

Victus - Absorption, As in the potion effect?

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
Here's an idea: Perhaps if you infuse Lecrum(greed, averice) into a normal chest, it will magnetically attract all dropped items towards it just like the mysterious magnet.

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Here's an idea: Perhaps if you infuse Lecrum(greed, averice) into a normal chest, it will magnetically attract all dropped items towards it just like the mysterious magnet.

That's a great idea. However, at the moment I'm only working on structure blocks. Once that section it will be onto the next.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
you could make it so that blocks with the base aspects could give a free aspect of that type over time, so players could afk on it and recharge their wands this way.

Reactions: dgdas9

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
you could make it so that blocks with the base aspects could give a free aspect of that type over time, so players could afk on it and recharge their wands this way.

Nether really thought of doing something like that. Hmm. I can make it so that when you Infuse Auram (Aspect of Aura), that if a player walks or simply stands on it, there will be a small chance that the block will then release an aspect?

Novaflipps

Jul 29, 2019
Venenum could be a block that gives poison when standing on it....or like a floor to kill mobs:)
Lignum- blocks that trees grow slitly faster:)

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Nether really thought of doing something like that. Hmm. I can make it so that when you Infuse Auram (Aspect of Aura), that if a player walks or simply stands on it, there will be a small chance that the block will then release an aspect?

it shouldn't release an aspect when you walk over it, otherwise people would just use a portalgun to constantly keep walking over it, maybe even using a bot for it. it should only release aspects when you stand on it, and it releases aspects at random times, maybe have it release more of the aspects under certain conditions (like biomes, day cycle or a nearby item that has similar aspects)

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
it shouldn't release an aspect when you walk over it, otherwise people would just use a portalgun to constantly keep walking over it, maybe even using a bot for it. it should only release aspects when you stand on it, and it releases aspects at random times, maybe have it release more of the aspects under certain conditions (like biomes, day cycle or a nearby item that has similar aspects)

Yh. I wasn't going to make it release one ever tick or when someone walks over it, maybe there is a 10/100 chance that it release an aspect every 30 ticks? (30 ticks is how many ticks till the tile entity runs all the effects)

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Well, how about for Praecantio, any magic done within ~5 blocks has a bonus to efficiency, an effect similar to wearing thaumaturge's robes.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Yh. I wasn't going to make it release one ever tick or when someone walks over it, maybe there is a 10/100 chance that it release an aspect every 30 ticks? (30 ticks is how many ticks till the tile entity runs all the effects)

yup, that sounds about right

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I'll see what I can do. I believe that the aspects are stored in a NBT Compound, so it'll take some work. But it's do able.

Hmmm, what does the efficiency do to the magic?

Well the wands are ineffecient, the first want uses 110% vis to cast anything or craft anything, give it a 5% boost or something like that. So it would cost 105% vis to cast or craft.

Reactions: the_j485

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Well the wands are ineffecient, the first want uses 110% vis to cast anything or craft anything, give it a 5% boost or something like that. So it would cost 105% vis to cast or craft.

Then you get added buffs from goggles, better wands, and robes, to make a huge discount.