[1.6.x] Thaumcraft 4.0.5b Research Cheat Sheet - 1Mil Views!! - Topic above me is a doodoo head. HA!

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
Have a good night. But may I also suggest making a mention of haighyorkie on youtube, for those that learn better visually? He usually does a fantastic job of covering research. He was a huge help in learning thaumcraft especially when I was taking my third or forth time over re-researching. and he is always my recommendation for when someone wants to take up thaumcraft but doesn't understand where to begin.

Reactions: Succubism

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Have a good night. But may I also suggest making a mention of haighyorkie on youtube, for those that learn better visually? He usually does a fantastic job of covering research. He was a huge help in learning thaumcraft especially when I was taking my third or forth time over re-researching. and he is always my recommendation for when someone wants to take up thaumcraft but doesn't understand where to begin.

I've been mentioning him since Thaumic Tinkerer's guide.
me said:
4. Are there any other resources on the tinterwebs that I can find awesome information on TC4/TT?
YES. If you haven't already, this guy always does indepth looks into the Thaumcraft mods and is the backbone of my entire process here. Without this guy there wouldn't be any guides here from me. So look him up because he really doesn't get the attention he deserves. LINK
Tell him I sent you, why not?

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Okay guys I'mma throw this out there and this'll also be up on post 1 because this'll probably be confusing as fuck to people.

I'm colourblind.

I have trouble picking our colours from each other.
Why am I telling you this? Because of this.

4KNFp.jpg

The potentia aspect and it's value have more or less the same colour to me, I go by the shape of the number to tell it's value and because of it I get confused whether it's 2 or 3. By all means, if you want to correct me when it comes to Potentia values at any stage, just yell at me and I'll fix it.

Sorry.

TrickNeal

Jul 29, 2019
Your list of aspects is missing Instrumentum, and since I suck at DoodleGod I can't figure it out yet.

mathwizi2005

Jul 29, 2019
both research masteries use Cognito and Sensus
node in a jar uses Permutatio and Auram (possible 3rd unknown)

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
both research masteries use Cognito and Sensus
node in a jar uses Permutatio and Auram (possible 3rd unknown)

Yeah, thanks for pointing this out. I've been meaning to say something about this too.
Thing is, research as I annoyingly found out at the wrong time, can be completed without activating all the aspects that it could use, so I might have missed on some aspects.
I'm going to be honest with you all. I REALLY don't want to have to do this all again for the guide.
Probably might in the future, but right now I got important shit I need to do.

I'm at uni in ten minutes. Put it that way.

So yeah, if you see anything missing, be like this guy ^ and tell me and I'll fix it.

Thanks again.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Okay guys I'mma throw this out there and this'll also be up on post 1 because this'll probably be confusing as fuck to people.

I'm colourblind.

I have trouble picking our colours from each other.
Why am I telling you this? Because of this.

4KNFp.jpg

The potentia aspect and it's value have more or less the same colour to me, I go by the shape of the number to tell it's value and because of it I get confused whether it's 2 or 3. By all means, if you want to correct me when it comes to Potentia values at any stage, just yell at me and I'll fix it.

Sorry.

Don't worry, I'm not colour blind, and I can hardly make out that number either. A light colour on a light colour is not good. Ideally Azanor should flip the image to ensure that bottom right corner is left empty for the number.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Don't worry, I'm not colour blind, and I can hardly make out that number either. A light colour on a light colour is not good. Ideally Azanor should flip the image to ensure that bottom right corner is left empty for the number.

It might be simpler to just give the number a thin black border to make it stand out like he did with the hold-shift aspect viewer.
That's what I'll be using when I proof read.

Reactions: Golrith

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
How to regain aspects on table, if I used them all up and thaumometred everything already?

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Aura Nodes.
Lots and lots of Aura nodes.

Thaumometer every block, every animal/mob, every dropped item, every mod item.

And then use the Deconstructor when you have it.

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
And how do I find lots and lots of nodes with just a Thaumometer?

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I don't know if you have this tip down but I remembered a tip azanor gave. Essentially place infused ore near your table and you will slowly accumulate there primal aspects. So infused ignis stone would give ignis points.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
So, I've been working all damn night and I'm tired. Might do some more research tomorrow if I can be bothered...

So tired...

B3c3479296136027c8e3221ce3d04645-chandler-dancing-on-things-7.gif

I don't even...

Fionaarmstrong

Jul 29, 2019
Here's little more research, hope it helps:

Research Expertise - Knowledge is Power
Research: Cognitio - Sensus

Research Mastery - Power is Knowledge
Research: Cognitio - Sensus - Motus

Deconstruction Table
Research: Cognitio - Perditio

Pickaxe of the Core
Research: Ignis - Instrumentum - Sensus

Axe of the Stream
Reaserch: Aqua - Instrumentum - Motus

Golem Core: Harvest
Research: Iter - Messis

Golem Upgrade: Water
Research: Sensus - Aqua

--------Besides that,
Infernal Furnace research also takes Auram
Infusion research also takes Machina
Arcane Levitator also takes Motus

Updated 10/10:
Node in a Jar
Research: Lucum - Auram

Mirror Magic
Research: Vitreus - Iter

Magical Hand Mirror
Research: Vitreus - Iter - Instrumentum

Boots of the Traveler
Research: Iter - Volatus

Golem Upgrade: Earth
Research: Terra - Victus

Lead Transmutation
Research: Metallum - Permutatio - Ordo

Silver Transmutation
Research: Metallum - Permutatio - Lurum

Tin Transmutation
Research: Metallum - Permutatio - Vitreus

---
Paving Stone of Travel also takes Volatus

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Just slap that in the Thaumcraft4>assets>thaumcraft>textures>aspects folder and you've got yourself a flipped texture.

Attachments

• potentia.png
    potentia.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 146