Deleting items w/ quarry

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Camel

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I'm currently having trouble with my quarry system right now. My current setup consists of a quarry going into an ender chest, then import buses at my base taking the stuff out of the ender chest and putting it into my ME network. On the highest priority, I have storage buses going into barrels of dirt, cobble, and gravel. Then when they fill up, on the next priority I have a storage bus with dirt cobble and gravel going into a void chest. The problem is, the void chest does not delete items quick enough and when it backs up, it jams my whole ME network. Is there another block I can use to delete items, or is there a way for me to get the items from the storage bus to a void pipe? Please help me! =D

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
you can switch ender chests to tessercats, which can push stuff into pipes directly, which allow you to filter dirt cobble and gravel to barrels and void overflow via insertion and void pipes.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure since I never did anything with priorities with my AE stuff, but can't you just add a second void chest?

Camel

Jul 29, 2019
thanks a lot, i ended up going with the trash can since i don't know to much about the condenser, I'll be sure to look into it though. =)

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
You could also use an ME condenser and work towards a singularity.
This! Do this. I mean, they are only useful for AE wireless connections using the big and awesome(and less "cheaty" item tesseracts and ender chests, to borrow a term people whore here), but seriously, why not?

You could also make a lot of Matter Balls(same ME device to do so), and then use your Matter Cannon to Pew Pew your fohttp://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/deleting-items-w-quarry.31767/es to death... But seriously, it's not very effective... Where as using things such as Gold Nuggets or Lead Nuggets are Super Effective!
Type advantage THAT, magikarp! Magikarp used flail! User Fainted!

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
thanks a lot, i ended up going with the trash can since i don't know to much about the condenser, I'll be sure to look into it though. =)

The trashcan is great and well worth using. The consenser is pretty easy too. It also deletes things instantly however it needs storage to work. You have 2 options. You can use a small storage cell that will allow you to make matter balls. They can be shot from the matter cannon although they don't do much damage. If you have the resources to devote towards a 64k cell you can make the singularity which is required for long distance wireless network connection. You don't need to make the storage into an actual cell for it to work though. You just need the memory bit. I think it is called the storage cluster. Sorry if that last bit is confusing.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
you can switch ender chests to tessercats, which can push stuff into pipes directly, which allow you to filter dirt cobble and gravel to barrels and void overflow via insertion and void pipes.

Dont use Item Tesseracts in 152, they seem to only pull/send one item at a time & with a fast quarry can get a little swapped, ender chest with 1 prec import bus in stack mode works far better, & even if you wish to send all dirt/coble/gravel to storage all you need a second bus, no idea why ppl do that tho.

My normal setup is diamond pipe to ender chest coble/dirt/gravel are filtered into void pipe, I keep flint for TC reserch well until research is done.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
~even if you wish to send all dirt/coble/gravel to storage all you need a second bus, no idea why ppl do that tho.
~
Other then the basic instinct of Kleptomania and Hoarding stuff in MC? Well, there IS the ME Condenser... But mostly is the Kleptomania and Hoarding, I'd say.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Dont use Item Tesseracts in 152, they seem to only pull/send one item at a time & with a fast quarry can get a little swapped, ender chest with 1 prec import bus in stack mode works far better, & even if you wish to send all dirt/coble/gravel to storage all you need a second bus, no idea why ppl do that tho.

My normal setup is diamond pipe to ender chest coble/dirt/gravel are filtered into void pipe, I keep flint for TC reserch well until research is done.
you kinda missing the point. tesseracts, compared to ender chests, allows you to make all sorting outside AE, without extraction from ender chest, which nullifies all possible overflow due to low extraction speed.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019

Something is wrong with your server, Item Tesseracts work fine on ours with 1.5.2 Unleashed, current recommended version. I've had 4 quarries at 100MJ each on the same Item Tesseract Frequency with no problems at either inputs or output.

Plus they don't cause chunk resets, always a bonus.

Reactions: Loufmier and Bigpak