Memory problem of some sort?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
First I know I don't have much RAM, using Window's XP and 2G RAM. But I only started having this problem recently.

When I get near any biome that has lots of tall trees, like a jungle or Twilight Forest, my computer quickly starts lagging. And I mean my entire computer. Minecraft eventually ends up lagging for several seconds, doing something for an instant, then lagging again. And when I finally quit Minecraft it can take several minutes for my computer to start running properly, mostly. If I keep restarting the game my computer eventually needs to be restarted to run properly.

I never had this problem in Minecraft 1.4. It's only in the 1.5 version of FTB that this started happening. I'm fairly certain it has something to do with computing all those trees and keeping them in memory, but I'm no computer expert. Or maybe whatever allows you to go so high now.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this, and what the problem is called (memory leak?)?

I get this problem from any rough terrain, including tendrils from Mystcraft, but it's most noticable from jungles and such.

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Your console log will tell us if you have a memory leak. Please post it to pastebin.com and link to it here. By 1.4 and 1.5 do you mean the different versions of minecraft or the packs? If you mean minecraft note that the 1.5 packs have some different mods and added features to said mods. This could be part of the reason for the extra requirements of the pack.

Since it is your computer that is laggy as well you might want to clean your PC of dust bunnies and ensure plenty of proper ventilation.

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
I meant versions of Minecraft. I've had bases in 1.4.x next to a jungle with no problem. But in 1.5.x I have to restart the game. It doesn't crash though. And I just cleaned my computer because that's happened before, though it didn't work.

I'll get to work on the console log. I also get the GL ERROR @ Post render bug, but I've lagged out without it so they're not the same thing.

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
Pastbin at MuD3prNQ

What usually happens is that Minecraft freezes for a few seconds and then I can move again. Sometimes normally for a bit, but eventually just for a frame, then it freezes then jumps, and repeats. I usually, but not always, get the GL ERROR. And once I can finally quit my entire computer is affected for a bit. I click on a webpage and Internet Explorer stops responding for a minute or two. Often on several pages, then finally starts working properly.

I can't tell if it's my computer, Minecraft, or a mod. But it didn't start happening until recently.

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
I think I've narrowed it down to ChickenChunks. Disabled it, started a new world, and flew around three different jungles. I still lagged a bit in them but nothing like what I have been, where my game practically shut down within minutes and no GL ERROR.

Any idea if a config could fix this, or do I have to remove it completely? Or are there chunkloaders other than this and a world anchor?

Status
Not open for further replies.