What are you building right now? (survival only)

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
wow lots of great builds I love themed builds. I can't wait to see ako's finished titan and the fantasy castle is amazing. my base is starting to feel inadequit but is still very much a work in progress.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
No problem Mahex. Your castle is truly epic. I can imagine you must have looting one or two billion on your mining gear. Kind of makes me feel inadequate with my tower. Oh well, just gotta build bigger.

Reactions: netmc

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
Little update guys...
So I have a little update, worked on my bee system and I figured the best way was to do a small AE system for both the frames and the production of them, the centrefuges process the extra combs that my house system couldn't, so that went to resin production and woven silk production. I have another area that is my factory that produces all of the items I need to insert the frames, process and make the cotton into string.

http://s1089.photobucket.com/user/R... House/2013-09-07_223403_zps004bbf74.png.html there's the link to another change but you all can thumb through the album.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Here's what I'm working on at the moment. All the coke ovens needed to feed both a solid fueled boiler and run one off creosote. I have all the piping and AE connections fitting in the one block space between the levels. There will be a total of 50 coke ovens when done (25 on each level).
2013-09-08_12.16.40.png

The walls will eventually be made into construction foam. I plan on having a path or two going off to other areas from the platform up top. One will go to my UU-matter production area, and the other to somewhere else I haven't quite decided yet. I have 38 of the 50 coke ovens built and integrated. I'm out of certes quartz at the moment, and will have to do some mining before I can finish this up.

Below you can see the connections to the coke oven. I have everything put together in a nested "E" pattern. That allows everything to connect and only use one block in height.

2013-09-08_12.17.08.png

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Awesome. Be very cool if the platform had a monitor displaying your creosote throughput. That way you know if your math matches up. It's always awkward to find out you messed up and don't have the power you thought you should.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome. Be very cool if the platform had a monitor displaying your creosote throughput. That way you know if your math matches up. It's always awkward to find out you messed up and don't have the power you thought you should.

I think the nuclear control mod has a liquid tank module. My creosote tank is a fair distance away, so I hope I can use enough range upgrades to make it work. By my calculations, I need 48 coke ovens. I'll have slightly more at 50.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I was thinking Open Peripherals which lets you wrap most things as a peripheral, though I don't know if it works on liquiducts.

However, if you've calculated for 48 and are going over with 50, you should be okay.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking Open Peripherals which lets you wrap most things as a peripheral, though I don't know if it works on liquiducts.

However, if you've calculated for 48 and are going over with 50, you should be okay.

Let's hope so. I don't do turtles though, so no open peripherals for me. I could learn lua and do all the stuff I wanted, but I find it a lot more fun to build everything without computers.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Open Peripherals doesn't require turtles. Just a computer. I've seen it used in ManIkWeet's LP to control the amount of mercury cells in an Industrial Grinder, and to craft tiny dusts into full size dusts, both connecting to AE networks. Basically all you're getting is the ability to use any other block like a peripheral, such as a monitor or disk drive. And my personal intention is to learn as much about as many of the mods as possible.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I think I must be pretty close in my calculations. I only have 38 of the coke ovens connected, and I've been running my boiler off the creosote for the last 2 days, and still haven't worked through the backlog in the coke ovens, let alone the 2000 buckets in the steel tank.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Here it is Sunday night, and I have yet to run through my creosote oil. I'm down to about 1 million mB though.

I've been working on a few additional items. This is my cold storage room where I will keep my large quantity stuff. Mainly products from my farm and bee production that I don't use right away. It will have a total of 9 deep storage units per side, 36 per pillar, and I have 2 of those, so I will be able to store 72 different items in mass quantities. I really like how the frost bound bricks and ice turned out. To prevent water accidents, the ceiling is unmelting ice from MFR.

2013-09-15_23.32.42.png

I have finally finished building the rest of my boilers (4 total). All of them are being powered of a single MFR tree farm. 2 solid running off charcoal, and 2 liquid. 1 running off ethanol, and another off creosote oil. I am only using 4 REC for my base. The rest will be using the steam directly. I'm wasting a bunch of steam at the moment, but it's self-sufficient, so I don't care.
2013-09-15_23.35.19.png
Here are the engines. There are four sets of eight engines. 64MJ per set for a total of 256MJ. This is just one of the bays.
2013-09-15_23.35.45.png
I have finally put together enough materials for my matter fabricator. Only after getting a bit more platinum and creating my second iridium plate, did I realize that you can make the energy flow circuits needed from just a platinum plate using an assembler. So now I have an extra iridium plate for the next piece of high tech machinery. I blew through all my stored methane and some lava, but I finally made my first piece of UU-Matter. :) The torches on the right were going to be a large GT gas turbine., but I think for the moment, I'm just going to make it a RC turbine instead. I've got plenty of steam, just making the steel needed to create it.
2013-09-15_23.33.14.png