Feed The Beast Server

extrem09

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all, I am just wanting to know if the FTB server will be a bukkit or vanila server, since i would like to make a small server with a few of my friends and I would like to know if I can have any bukkit plugins. Thanks in advance :D

welshtony

Jul 29, 2019
The last 1 was built around bukkit and I assume the new 1 will be to. (could be wrong)

I dont see why it would be an issue with adding any bukkit plugin to it you wanted to. after all they are plugins to the system not the mod pack.

welshtony

Jul 29, 2019
No idea if any plugins are planned to come in this pack. The last pack was built around a map where as this one is planned as a standalone so really its only the team that can confirm either way.

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
plugins are not able to be put in to a vanilla server

thats why bukkit came to be.
FTB 1.4 modpack WILL run on Bukkit! this is confirmed by FTB admins, so yes you will be able to use plugins

extrem09

Jul 29, 2019
Yay! Thank you for replying. I have been hoping that this would be the answer. Now I can have all of my favourite plugins on my server. Also does anyone know if I will be able to run a server with multiple worlds and many crazy contraptions on my own computer with about 3 - 4 gigs of ram. I have a core i7 2600k. There will be about 5 - 10 players on at one moment.

Stellastronza

Jul 29, 2019
Yay! Thank you for replying. I have been hoping that this would be the answer. Now I can have all of my favourite plugins on my server. Also does anyone know if I will be able to run a server with multiple worlds and many crazy contraptions on my own computer with about 3 - 4 gigs of ram. I have a core i7 2600k. There will be about 5 - 10 players on at one moment.
Be sure to have decent upload speeds on your network :)