How do you charge the Adv Jetpack & Nanosuits ect?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Tzukasa

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry this is a pretty noobish question But I'm fairly new to using these modpacks again really. And I'm not sure why the ftb fourms doesn't have a section for such things specifically.. But anyways I can't seem to figure out how to charge up the Adv electric jetpack, lappacks, nanosuits and nano saber.. They don't charge up with batterys or in the batbox like the drills, batpack and the reg electric jetpack will. Also I'm using Unleashed 1.1.2 if that makes a difference. Thx.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
They are a higher tier so require a higher tier charging source, basically an MFE or MFSU, I think everything will charge in an MFE.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
They are a higher tier so require a higher tier charging source, basically an MFE or MFSU, I think everything will charge in an MFE.

LV items require an LV storage device to charge.

MV items require an MV or LV storage device to charge.

HV items require an HV, MV, or LV storage device to charge.

LV = Batbox
MV = MFE
HV = MFSU

Tzukasa

Jul 29, 2019
Ah ok gottcha. What does that all stand for btw? LV MV HV? Volt? Low/Med/High? and MFE? Also is there another tier of generator that goes with those better storage boxes? This reg gen seems to charge fairly slowly.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Low Voltage, Medium Voltage, High Voltage and Multi-Functional Electric storage unit.
The IC2 wiki is here, links at the bottom of the page to all items\blocks in IC2, the info may be a bit out of date in some cases but is overall pretty good
IC2 Wiki.

Lord Wumbo

Jul 29, 2019
LV items require an LV storage device to charge.

MV items require an MV or LV storage device to charge.

HV items require an HV, MV, or LV storage device to charge.

LV = Batbox
MV = MFE
HV = MFSU

Actually, HV items can only be charged in an HV storage device, MV can be charged in HV or MV and LV can be charged in anything.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Ah ok gottcha. What does that all stand for btw? LV MV HV? and MFE? Also is there another tier of generator that goes with those better storage boxes? This reg gen seems to charge fairly slowly.
Tier 1 power generation: A generator
Tier 2 power generation: Four generators
Tier 3 power generation: Twenty generators
Tier 4 power generation: A hundred generators
Tier 5 power generation: A hundred geothermal generators
Tier 6 power generation: Spam solars everywhere until your world gets corrupted or you run out of resources

Welcome to IC2 power generation.

Also, to your question of LV, MV, and HV, they stand for voltage. Low voltage, medium voltage, and high voltage. (Gregtech introduces extreme voltage and quad-extreme voltage)

You can have unlimited current running through a cable, but it has to be in packets of either 32, 128, or 512.
All machines accept EU in packets of 32 (LV)
Some machines accept EU in packets of 128 (MV)
Only a few machines accept EU in packets of 512 (HV)

HV machines can accept MV, and MV machines can accept LV, but LV machines can't accept MV, and MV machines can't accept HV.

Bat boxes store a small amount of energy, and output their energy in LV.
MFEs store a decent amount of energy, and output their energy in MV.
MFSUs store the most energy, and output their energy in HV.

To convert between voltages, you need a transformer. Set it up so that the 3 dots are facing the higher voltage, and the single dot is facing the lower voltage. Example:

An MFSU storing energy, outputting into an MV transformer, sending power to a bunch of MV-requiring machines.
A bat box storing energy, outputting into an MV transformer, outputting into an HV transformer, to power a few HV-requiring machines.

Transformers don't work infinitely fast, so it's possible to bottleneck your energy output with them accidentally. If you hook up an MV current to an MFE, that MFE is getting 128 EU per tick. However, if you hook up an MV current to an LV transformer, and hook it up to a bat box, that bat box will be getting 32 EU/t. A solution to this is to hook up another LV transformer to the bat box. The bat box will then be getting 64 EU/t, rather than 32 EU/t.

Hopefully that's not too overwhelming. Which it might be.[DOUBLEPOST=1376793713][/DOUBLEPOST]
Actually, HV items can only be charged in an HV storage device, MV can be charged in HV or MV and LV can be charged in anything.

I forgot about that. Instinct tells me it's wrong, but it's correct.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

cynric

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry this is a pretty noobish question But I'm fairly new to using these modpacks again really. And I'm not sure why the ftb fourms doesn't have a section for such things specifically..

There is a forum post for quick questions like that here, not a complete forum though.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
I strongly suggest you play around with EU related toys in creative before using them in your survival world. The number of times I've blown all my shit up does not fight on my hands anymore.

Learn how EU flows, how to wire your machines for success etc. This means learning how to use transformers, storage devices and wiring.

For the most part it is relatively intuitive, but there are some quirks which don't follow the same logic that normal electrical systems do in real life. Well actually, it's quite... Different.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Tier 1 power generation: A generator
Tier 2 power generation: Four generators
Tier 3 power generation: Twenty generators
Tier 4 power generation: A hundred generators
Tier 5 power generation: A hundred geothermal generators
Tier 6 power generation: Spam solars everywhere until your world gets corrupted or you run out of resources

Welcome to IC2 power generation.

Also, to your question of LV, MV, and HV, they stand for voltage. Low voltage, medium voltage, and high voltage. (Gregtech introduces extreme voltage and quad-extreme voltage)

You can have unlimited current running through a cable, but it has to be in packets of either 32, 128, or 512.
All machines accept EU in packets of 32 (LV)
Some machines accept EU in packets of 128 (MV)
Only a few machines accept EU in packets of 512 (HV)

HV machines can accept MV, and MV machines can accept LV, but LV machines can't accept MV, and MV machines can't accept HV.

Bat boxes store a small amount of energy, and output their energy in LV.
MFEs store a decent amount of energy, and output their energy in MV.
MFSUs store the most energy, and output their energy in HV.

To convert between voltages, you need a transformer. Set it up so that the 3 dots are facing the higher voltage, and the single dot is facing the lower voltage. Example:

An MFSU storing energy, outputting into an MV transformer, sending power to a bunch of MV-requiring machines.
A bat box storing energy, outputting into an MV transformer, outputting into an HV transformer, to power a few HV-requiring machines.

Transformers don't work infinitely fast, so it's possible to bottleneck your energy output with them accidentally. If you hook up an MV current to an MFE, that MFE is getting 128 EU per tick. However, if you hook up an MV current to an LV transformer, and hook it up to a bat box, that bat box will be getting 32 EU/t. A solution to this is to hook up another LV transformer to the bat box. The bat box will then be getting 64 EU/t, rather than 32 EU/t.

Hopefully that's not too overwhelming. Which it might be.

We're supposed to be encouraging creativity, not just thermal/solar spam. Nuclear for example (some setups get you even more eu/t/block than ultimate hybrid solar panels). Admittedly, ways of generating EU directly are somewhat lacking without GT, but you could always hook up some power converters to your MJ network.

Reactions: PeggleFrank