How to autocraft tesseract with AE?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I've used GregTech automation machines for exactly this purpose- basically, have the ME Interface dump tesseract frames and enderpearls into an Electric Sorter, which puts the enderpearls into the magma crucible and the tesseract frame into a Small Electric Buffer, which then pumps the frame into the Liquid Transposer.

This does basically the same thing as the diamond pipe solution, in the same amount of space, although it does require additional power. I like the diamond pipe idea.
and subnetwork is? hoppers can import to sides you know...
An ME Subnetwork is a small ME network with its own controller and possibly storage that is dedicated to some small task. In this case, the ME Interface on the main network dumps items into the subnetwork via another ME Interface, and the subnetwork puts the items into the proper machines via export busses or storage busses.

Less compact than the diamond pipe thing for managing one pair of machines, but could be somewhat more compact if you use the same subnet for tesseracts, energy cells, energy conduits, and Glowstone Illuminators.

Also note that you don't need to worry about powering the subnetwork controller if you connect both networks to the same ME Power Relay.

Lisranda

Jul 29, 2019
+1 on using a sub network. In fact, this thread inspired the creation of the following video. Enjoy. Don't mind the teasing of the FTB Forum community, I love all of you, some brilliant things come out of this place:

Reactions: dtech100

TheLoneWolfling

Jul 29, 2019
Well, seeing as AE can autocraft from a Logistics pipes network, plunk down a crafting pipe and a satellite pipe, and do it that way. 2 blocks.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Why 2 diamond pipes in the picture above? Shouldn't 1 diamond pipe suffice?
I used two diamond because that is what I had in my hand, i've since replaced the right side diamond with a gold pipe. In any case, the pipe that branches off right to the Transposer works fine, it's the straight drop down through the black filter that is bouncing the items back up into the interface.

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
I've used GregTech automation machines for exactly this purpose- basically, have the ME Interface dump tesseract frames and enderpearls into an Electric Sorter, which puts the enderpearls into the magma crucible and the tesseract frame into a Small Electric Buffer, which then pumps the frame into the Liquid Transposer.

This does basically the same thing as the diamond pipe solution, in the same amount of space, although it does require additional power. I like the diamond pipe idea.

An ME Subnetwork is a small ME network with its own controller and possibly storage that is dedicated to some small task. In this case, the ME Interface on the main network dumps items into the subnetwork via another ME Interface, and the subnetwork puts the items into the proper machines via export busses or storage busses.

Less compact than the diamond pipe thing for managing one pair of machines, but could be somewhat more compact if you use the same subnet for tesseracts, energy cells, energy conduits, and Glowstone Illuminators.

Also note that you don't need to worry about powering the subnetwork controller if you connect both networks to the same ME Power Relay.

I personally prefer and use the gregtech logistics machines whenever possible for interface connection similar to what you mentioned. Like someone said, the diamond pipe solution has overflow and overstock issues, but its the cheapest and simplest early game implementation so went with that for the explanation. I also am not using GT on my current server so I've gone for more basic solutions myself. The subnet is a nice option preventing overflow/overlap issues, as someone else mentioned. There are other ways, such as a bc pipe loop/dedicated machines/logistics pipes/insertion pipes/RP/FZ routers, etc. Whatever floats your boat.

I'm not sure why the machine wouldn't accept input from the pipe and you had to route it to the side. The only thing I can think is that the top is reserved for liquid insertion on blue and side for items, or that the machine uses the no-smart-input (no box) for melting item input.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure why the machine wouldn't accept input from the pipe and you had to route it to the side. The only thing I can think is that the top is reserved for liquid insertion on blue and side for items, or that the machine uses the no-smart-input (no box) for melting item input.
I am certain I tried this last night, but I will set it up again and verify tonight if I have time.
I = Interface
D = Diamond Pipe
G = Gold Pipe
C = Crucible
T = Transposer

Config 1: redstone bounces back up the pipe from the Crucible, failing to go through the black (down) filter.
I _
D G
C T

Config 2: conduit bounces back up the pipe from the Transposer, failing to go through the black filter.
_ I
G D
C T

In both cases the non-black filter fed its item successfully into the top of each machine.

PureEvil

Jul 29, 2019
My advice would be to teach your auto crafting about making 1 ender pearl out of 4 iron + Minium stone.

Then you should set up an Interface above liquid transposer, insert a pattern which says empty tesseract equals unattuned tesseract.
Next, set up an export bus to magma crucible set on ender pearls, attach import bus to Liquid Transposer, then Export bus to ME Interface. (remember to set crucible's output to liquid transposer)
Finally, add a recipe for your desired tesseract and craft it.

(below, I got 2 crucibles and transposers set up for crafting both conduits, redstone energy cells and all kinds of tesseracts - first accepts only redstone, second ender pearls).
O2rrM08.png

GK3Kb2s.png

zRKDIYN.png

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Hi PE,
That's my previous setup -- one pair of dedicated magma crucible and liquid transposer for redstone, and one pair for ender pearls. Works great, but I don't have a ton of ender pearls, so keeping a magma crucible and transposer full of liquid pearls isn't something I wanted to continue doing. The more "on demand" methods don't look at clean, but I like the results.

Reactions: PureEvil

PureEvil

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I would also prefer a 'cleaner' metod with one crucible and transposer, but as I said before, adding a simple recipe with 4 iron and a minium stone resolves your problem with ender pearls :)

bigtwisty

Jul 29, 2019
I too use the two dedicated pearl/red stone pairs as they work much faster that way. If you want to use a single, I recommend looking into MFR Sorters as a replacement for diamond pipes. Cheaper and faster. Vanilla hoppers are also great for buffering.