Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I gave myself a thaumonomicon cheat sheet so I could use the crystal core (I wanted to move a node into my thaumcraft room before doing any research). I got rid of the cheat sheet, and created a new thaumonomicon the normal way, however its kept all the research. I there a way of deleting it so I can actually do the research?

The data for the research is kept in your player.dat file. If you have access to it backup the file 1st then use NBT explorere to delete the research. It is in one of the subkeys.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
The data for the research is kept in your player.dat file. If you have access to it backup the file 1st then use NBT explorere to delete the research. It is in one of the subkeys.
I don't unfortunately... I don't suppose there is any other way of doing it?

Thanks anyway.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I don't unfortunately... I don't suppose there is any other way of doing it?

Thanks anyway.

That must mean you are on server that someone else own/operates. I would suggest talking with them to see if they could do it. Worst case take everything you have store it in a chest then have the server op delete your player.dat file.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
That must mean you are on server that someone else own/operates. I would suggest talking with them to see if they could do it. Worst case take everything you have store it in a chest then have the server op delete your player.dat file.
Thats not what I meant... I don't have NBT explorer and I wouldn't know how to do this anyway :p

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Thats not what I meant... I don't have NBT explorer and I wouldn't know how to do this anyway :p

OK, I hope I explain this well enough. To start with you can download NBTExplorer from the author's forum post here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/840677-nbtexplorer-nbt-editor-for-windows-and-mac/

Make a copy of your player.dat file. It will be located in world/players directory. If your minecraft name is the same as your forum name it would be Shakie666.dat. Make sure your game/server isn't running then use NBTExplorer to open the .dat file.

Now expand out tree like I've shown below. Basically you want toe delete the TCResearch entry and everything below it. Save your .dat file then load the game. All of your TC research should be set back to default (none). You might have to create a new Thaum to start the research process again. If all this doesn't work just restore the backup copy of your player.dat file.

NBTExplorer.jpg

cynric

Jul 29, 2019
That is the max size for a quarry, and the landmarks will need to be placed at the corners of the chunks, as it keeps all the chunks inside loaded, and the max it can load is 17 chunks (one for the quarry block itself). If you're not sure how to tell, press f9 to see an overlay of chunk borders, that way you can find the corners very easily.

Actually, the maximum number of chunks it can load is 25 (max sized quarry that doesn't perfectly sit on chunk borders).

when im setting up a 64x64 quarry, why does it keep giving me "outside chunkloading boundaries"?

I can only guess, so this might be completely wrong. As far as I know, there is a limit on how many chunks each player (the whole server) can keep loaded. The message could mean, the quarry would keep more chunks loaded than the limit allows.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
when im setting up a 64x64 quarry, why does it keep giving me "outside chunkloading boundaries"?
I can only guess, so this might be completely wrong. As far as I know, there is a limit on how many chunks each player (the whole server) can keep loaded. The message could mean, the quarry would keep more chunks loaded than the limit allows.

This is a configurable value, I believe it's chicken chunks which allows you to enforce this value or not. This isn't a default limit placed on players, but unless you're playing alone or on a small server I would be surprised if they haven't got it enabled

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, the maximum number of chunks it can load is 25 (max sized quarry that doesn't perfectly sit on chunk borders).

Thanks for correcting this, I was positive it could only load the 17, but I've always kept my quarries within chunk boundaries in the past. Assumption is bad :).

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
Quick question on centrifuges. Am I able to pipe in hydrogen and deuterium to make deuterium and tritium respectively? No problem extracting with cells (and adding empty ones), just working with liquids on the input side works better for my build.

TehT

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having some trouble with empty tight fitting liquiducts merging together whenver the server restarts, is there any way to prevent this?

Chucrete3456

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I can tell it should, its description is that it needs a chest next to it with a sword, and will "Spawn" mobs of that area and kill them with the sword using durability from the sword, putting the drop into the chest.

So as far as I can tell this means if you put it in a nether fortress, you'd get blaze rods, coal, question is... do you get wither heads?

I've put in a nether fortress and I've got some blazes, coal, necrotic bones, etc. No wither skulls, but I think that is a matter of time. (Sorry, if my english is bad)

Sam6555

Jul 29, 2019
Cobalt is faster and cheaper than Manyullyn, but Manyullyn lasts longer. If you want maximum speed on a TiCo pickaxe, I'd recommend a Cobalt head, paper binding, and Thaumium rod (more durable than paper and also gives you an extra modifier), diamond + gold block, nether star, and a whole ton of redstone. You could go without one or two redstone upgrades and apply an IC2 upgrade, a moss ball, or some lapis.

Alternatively, you could make a Hammer. It mines a 3x3 panel of blocks at once (more like a Dartcraft drill on AoE mode, but not quite), although you'll have to mess around with different combinations of cobalt, paper, thaumium, and maybe manyullyn parts to see what gives you the best combination of speed, durability, and extra modifiers. Also note that a hammer won't mine a 3x3 panel of blocks as fast as a comparable pickaxe can mine one block, but will mine faster than a pick will mine two blocks- so for corridors, hammers are still faster.

Also note that a tool with at least one lapis will occasionally get more lapis when used- so if you don't apply 450 lapis when you make the tool, you'll still get to Fortune 3 eventually.

For upgrades I think out of Moss Ball and IC2 upgrade, I'd rather go for the IC2. Moss Balls are kinda slow, and IC2 recharging I can only assume would be instant, assuming you always have the power to fuel it.

Cobalt head, Paper binding, Thaumium Rod
So 7 upgrades total (base 3, paper 1, thaumium 1, gold/diamond 1, nether star 1) :
IC2
Lapis
Rest redstone (5 mods)...

Seems a bit crazy. Are the other mods worth it? Like the Diamond/Emerald ones that add durability, I'd guess not as I'd be using IC2 power for it, but doesn't Diamond also increase the mining power by two levels, or is it TO level 2 if it's below? How about the autosmelting (lava crystal) I have a auto pulv/furnace combo at my base, but I heard this combined with fortune 3 can get more than just 2 ingots.

Wiki page for reference: http://tinkers-construct.wikia.com/wiki/Modifiers

Crackafett

Jul 29, 2019
I have two quick questions:

I have an ME Network set up with the Molecular Assembly Chamber and MOST everything is working great. My first question is how do I monitor/maintain multiple item levels within the system. Specifically, I use minium stones for converting obsidian up to diamond. If I run out of gold, stone or inert stones and the minium stone is used up the system halts as the minium stone requires gold/iron ingots to be made but the ingots require the minium stone to be made. I would like to keep a stack of stone, gold and iron bars in the system at all times to avoid this catch 22. Level emitters seem like the way to go but I am unsure how to set them up to monitor multiple items on a single machine. This leads to my next question.

Occasionally when crafting multiple things at once a machine will stall and become unable to process the requests because both items are trying to be crafted at the same time (the induction smelter comes to mind). I then have to cancel the crafting jobs and remove/add the patterns in the interface to stop random ores from being dumped into the smelter. Is there a way to cure this or is it just a downfall of the system that one thing should be requested at a time? Would multiple MAC's or more CPUs relieve this problem?

I know the thread is "Ask a simple question" so hopefully this isn't too involved! Thanks in advance.

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
For upgrades I think out of Moss Ball and IC2 upgrade, I'd rather go for the IC2. Moss Balls are kinda slow, and IC2 recharging I can only assume would be instant, assuming you always have the power to fuel it.

Cobalt head, Paper binding, Thaumium Rod
So 7 upgrades total (base 3, paper 1, thaumium 1, gold/diamond 1, nether star 1) :
IC2
Lapis
Rest redstone (5 mods)...

Seems a bit crazy. Are the other mods worth it? Like the Diamond/Emerald ones that add durability, I'd guess not as I'd be using IC2 power for it, but doesn't Diamond also increase the mining power by two levels, or is it TO level 2 if it's below? How about the autosmelting (lava crystal) I have a auto pulv/furnace combo at my base, but I heard this combined with fortune 3 can get more than just 2 ingots.

Wiki page for reference: http://tinkers-construct.wikia.com/wiki/Modifiers
Honestly, if it's for a pick, I wouldn't care to get it 5 levels of redstone - it'll be very fast anyway, and if you just want to make tunnels quickly it's cheaper and faster to get a mining laser. If you want to clear larger areas quickly, I'd recommend getting a hammer instead.
But if you want max speed, I believe that getting stonebound (increases speed as durability decreases) and damaging the item down to very low durability, and after that charging it's electricity, will get you even faster.

This is untested guesswork, but: Hammers have four pieces, so I think you could go with cobalt head, thaumium plate, ardite plate, and paper rod. That should give you 7 modifiers, a decent base speed, and stonebound. Use it until nearly broken, then slap on IC2 and redstone. That should get you a pretty fast 3x3 miner.

I believe that fortune 3 adds 0-3 extra drops from any dropped items (though it's not a linear chance), and that ingots from autosmelting counts as this. Thus, if you have fortune 3 and autosmelting, you'll get 2-5 iron ingots from each ore (but you're much more likely to get 2 than 5, I believe).

Observato

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I've tried to Google this but it was tough to find anything for something this specific.

I've been cursed with not being able to find a village within a 1024x1024 map around my base, so I want to create my own by curing some Zombie Villagers. However, can I get the special mod villagers (Apiarist, Wizard, etc.) by doing that, or am I better off scouring every inch of this continent? If I remember correctly, some classes of villager in vanilla Minecraft can only be found in naturally spawned villages, so I want to know if I'd be wasting my time doing that.

Thanks in advance.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I've tried to Google this but it was tough to find anything for something this specific.

I've been cursed with not being able to find a village within a 1024x1024 map around my base, so I want to create my own by curing some Zombie Villagers. However, can I get the special mod villagers (Apiarist, Wizard, etc.) by doing that, or am I better off scouring every inch of this continent? If I remember correctly, some classes of villager in vanilla Minecraft can only be found in naturally spawned villages, so I want to know if I'd be wasting my time doing that.

Thanks in advance.
You can get mod villagers by curing zombie villagers. However, the easiest thing is to just cure a handful of villagers and make yourself an infinite breeding system and then just churn out all the villagers you could ever want.

Reactions: Mahoka

Observato

Jul 29, 2019
That's good. A villager breeding system was what I had in mind, I just wanted to start the process.

Also, I've not messed with villages before, so will two villagers breeding create a villager of a random caste, or of a caste based on the parents? In other words, if I start with two farmer (brown) villagers, will I get the mod villagers eventually, or will I only get more farmers?

Blastedsura

Jul 29, 2019
Just to know if someone encountered this crash. I have an iron chest with some drones, princesses, combs(and processed combs stuff) and a beealyzer. Everytime I middle click in that chest (to sort it), my game crashes. I would post a crash report in the tech support, but I don't get a report as I have to terminate the process.

P.S: Playing version 1.1.3 of the FTB Unleashed pack.

RoloisRight

Jul 29, 2019
Just to know if someone encountered this crash. I have an iron chest with some drones, princesses, combs(and processed combs stuff) and a beealyzer. Everytime I middle click in that chest (to sort it), my game crashes. I would post a crash report in the tech support, but I don't get a report as I have to terminate the process.

P.S: Playing version 1.1.3 of the FTB Unleashed pack.

I've noticed a similar sorting problem when working with drones that are unstacked. Check if you have the same types of drones in separate stacks and stack them or try placing the drones in a different chest.