Main site and forum (new version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

I have checked a little the new "main site" and forum, and there are a few things that stand out.

I/ Site
The site is nice looking, the animation is not bad, but there are a few defaults.

1. If/when I change the window's size, it becomes completely blank.

2. Some pages seem to have more informations on certain resolution (wiki for example), and some content are truncated, without a scroll bar to be able to see the rest.

3. It is a wanted feature, but the forum being separated from the main site means yet again an other site to check.

II/ Forum
I have to say that the change of color is more than welcome, and I do like how it looks in general, with a few points here again.

1. It doesn't adapt well to the low x-resolutions, having a gray space on the left, but truncated content on the right. It would be good to at least make the left border disappear when the resolution does not permit to show the whole width.

2. I said I like the change of colors, but now, it is more about a lack of colors, with very few distinction between the different parts (where we write, the background, the messages...).

That is it for now, I do know it is hard to make a site that pleases everyone anyway, but I wanted to report what I found, even if it had no impact afterward.

Thanks for your hard work.

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

I have checked a little the new "main site" and forum, and there are a few things that stand out.

I/ Site
The site is nice looking, the animation is not bad, but there are a few defaults.

1. If/when I change the window's size, it becomes completely blank.

2. Some pages seem to have more informations on certain resolution (wiki for example), and some content are truncated, without a scroll bar to be able to see the rest.

3. It is a wanted feature, but the forum being separated from the main site means yet again an other site to check.

II/ Forum
I have to say that the change of color is more than welcome, and I do like how it looks in general, with a few points here again.

1. It doesn't adapt well to the low x-resolutions, having a gray space on the left, but truncated content on the right. It would be good to at least make the left border disappear when the resolution does not permit to show the whole width.

2. I said I like the change of colors, but now, it is more about a lack of colors, with very few distinction between the different parts (where we write, the background, the messages...).

That is it for now, I do know it is hard to make a site that pleases everyone anyway, but I wanted to report what I found, even if it had no impact afterward.

Thanks for your hard work.

1. I will look into that
2. In the works already
3. The site pulls posts from the forums so no need!

1. There will be a mobile version
2. We are still working on the forum themes but noted

Thanks for the feedback!

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
for the 1 of the forum part, I was not asking for really little screens, I got a 1920x1080, but I usually work with half of the screen, and Firefox being the second half.
Not really a problem, but I do know people having quite old monitors that might have the same results as I do, and not sure a mobile version would be great for a PC user due to the lack of functionalities these usually have.

Dutchjer

Jul 29, 2019
i tried to download the modpack and the server files, but it appears they have no links, checked with chrome show source might want to fix that.

Dutchjer

Jul 29, 2019
ok, I was hoping to get the old one for 1.2.5, or do I need to look somewhere else?

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
Fair enough, but the website needs to reflect this, not give the impression that the mod pack can be downloaded but isn't currently working.
"In other news, The New launcher and Mod Pack is now planned to be released in 1.4. Hopefully mod updates should be a lot smoother this time, enabling us to get the pack out quickly." Not clear enough?

NosajDraw

Jul 29, 2019
No. The download page doesn't say this at all, it says to all intents and purposes that the download is a click away. It makes it look like your website is broken.

Dutchjer

Jul 29, 2019
it is said on the homepage, but people run straight through to the download page
which doesn't say anything about it waiting for 1.4

NosajDraw

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly, most people don't want to read the front page and see no reason to do so, they just want the download.

Now you can get all wound up and say "well they should read the frontpage" but however much you believe they should do something makes no matter, as what needs to be dealt with is what people actually do.

Right now, most people coming here for the download arrive, find the link, click on it and at least initially will believe your website is broken.

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly, most people don't want to read the front page and see no reason to do so, they just want the download.

Now you can get all wound up and say "well they should read the frontpage" but however much you believe they should do something makes no matter, as what needs to be dealt with is what people actually do.

Right now, most people coming here for the download arrive, find the link, click on it and at least initially will believe your website is broken.
I think you will find it has already been fixed when I made the last post... http://i.imgur.com/qx7JT.png

Status
Not open for further replies.