[Help] Refill Smeltery with liquid Metals?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I played around a bit with TC Smeltery and how to automize it.

There are a lot of good guides out there who tells how to smelt ores automatically into ingots.
But there may be the need of maintain some of the metals in liquid forms to make alloys.

So I wonders if it’s possible to store the liquid metals in tanks and later refill the smeltery with them.
Storing is not the problem since you just have to put a BC tank under the smeltery drain and it will put out on redstone signal.

But how do I refill this metals into the smeltery? Or is there a other way to make them Ingots/alloys?

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
You can pump them into the smeltery drain to get them into the smeltery, or directly into the casting table or basin with mould or filler block of your choice. I'd pump the liquid metal directly from your tank into the casting table, personally.

Sent from boobs (because why not?)

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I tried connecting it to the Controler and water proofed cobblestonepipes didn´t conect to it.

I will try it with the drain later when I´m at home. Do the drain need the little block infront of it? (dont remember the name) or just the drain and a pipe on it?

apemanzilla

Jul 29, 2019
I tried connecting it to the Controler and water proofed cobblestonepipes didn´t conect to it.

I will try it with the drain later when I´m at home. Do the drain need the little block infront of it? (dont remember the name) or just the drain and a pipe on it?
Sorry then, my bad.
No, you shouldn't need a faucet, just pump into the drain.