PAX East!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
The FTB team is pleased to announce that at the upcoming Pax East show, we will be installing the FTB Mod Pack and a brand new FTB tournament map on servers in the BYOC area. Whilst exact details have yet to be finalised, we plan to have a couple of members from the FTB team at Pax to help out and answer questions.

Our goal is to host a live tournament during the event with giveaways and prizes. We also hope to have a couple of FTB modded servers for people to join and play on.

More details will follow as we get closer to the event.

In other news, The New launcher and Mod Pack is now planned to be released in 1.4. Hopefully mod updates should be a lot smoother this time, enabling us to get the pack out quickly.

Slowpoke.

Reactions: legowaffle21

Gewitters

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like fun! Good luck and hope it brings much success to the team and fun for the fans that can be there.

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
Even though I fully understand the effort it takes to work on the mod pack, I am slightly dissapointed that the pack cannot be released until in version 1.4. However, now that I know that, I will be able to continue my recordings with more vigour since I know that I won't have to update for a while.

Best of luck, guys!

Reactions: XehanortYTG

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
Even though I fully understand the effort it takes to work on the mod pack, I am slightly dissapointed that the pack cannot be released until in version 1.4. However, now that I know that, I will be able to continue my recordings with more vigour since I know that I won't have to update for a while.

Best of luck, guys!
As far as I know its only 10 days until 1.4 anyway so there is no real point in updating to 1.3

Necrowen101

Jul 29, 2019
Hopefully the first major step to making the FTB mod pack known to the world !!!!!

(and giving the users a valid alternative to the <.......> modpack ) ;)

Gatlin96

Jul 29, 2019
That's cool news. Will any of it be recorded for future youtube/twitch playback for those that can't be there?

Rob

Jul 29, 2019
That's cool news. Will any of it be recorded for future youtube/twitch playback for those that can't be there?

There might be a stream but it is not confirmed and may or may not happen so don't take my word for it.

bhblacky

Jul 29, 2019
ooh.. let's pray that mojang didnt do any fundamental changes, which will cause bigger issues for the mod and we have to wait another couple of months and that you guys probably do a 1.3.2 release if you see that a 1.4 release will take longer than expected ??

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
ooh.. let's pray that mojang didnt do any fundamental changes, which will cause bigger issues for the mod and we have to wait another couple of months and that you guys probably do a 1.3.2 release if you see that a 1.4 release will take longer than expected ??
Well, seeing as they were hoping to get the mod API working, I don't know.
On that note, what is Forge's future when Mojang finally gets a working API? Will forge ceise to exist, or will it just kick so much ass compared to Mojang's that we will continue to use it?

Reactions: Gewitters

Gewitters

Jul 29, 2019
Well, seeing as they were hoping to get the mod API working, I don't know.
On that note, what is Forge's future when Mojang finally gets a working API? Will forge ceise to exist, or will it just kick so much ass compared to Mojang's that we will continue to use it?
This is what I wonder about all the time. I just hope there isn't a couple month long transition to whatever way it goes.

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
well they are not even done with 1.3.2 mod update so. If they finish before 1.4 they may a s well just release it so we can wait on 1.4 with at least some new content. But the fact that there are still so many issues ( follow the S3 direwolf20 ) you kan almoste guess its gone be release ready before 1.4 hits. Still the 1.4 intigration is only small since there are no major server side changes planned!

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
Lets just pray for this to be true..
Seeing as the differences between 1.4 and 1.3.2 are a lot less drastic compared to 1.2.5 -> 1.3.2, such as the merger of SSP and SMP, I would assume it will be a lot less of a load.

Wendigo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm actually happy there waiting till 1.4 I thought I was going to have to roll back the client in order to play all the moddy goodness like I do now...

D

Deleted member 188

I'd actually wondered if it was just going to get pushed back to 1.4 No real reason to release it when 1.4 is supposed to be like a week away according to Mojang. Hopefully the modding API will actually offer improvements for things as well. I know there is an awful lot of content seeming to be coming and hopefully some of it helps the mod authors out.

Status
Not open for further replies.