Lack of tin/copper

Moltakkk111

Jul 29, 2019
Hi i'm having some issues with ores i have a major lack of tin and copper i think this is caused by having ic2 ores disabled since forestry ores dont spawn that often

simon48xbox

Jul 29, 2019
I think the mod pack makers said that the ores aren't finalized and could be changed for the official release.

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
An upcoming 1.4.5 ic2 release will let you customize the spawn rates in the config, I don't know which release, direwolf said in one of his videos that player(ic2 dev) added this option but of course since he uses alpha versions of the mods it may not be released for awhile or already available.

Meara

Jul 29, 2019
this sounds like a dumb question but what Biome did you nest in? I am kinda coming to a hunch that the Extra Biomes have less tin and copper in them. I parked in a meadows, and yea, lack of tin and copper, and vary little diamond. I'm just starting to wonder if it has any thing to do with it.

Moltakkk111

Jul 29, 2019
this sounds like a dumb question but what Biome did you nest in? I am kinda coming to a hunch that the Extra Biomes have less tin and copper in them. I parked in a meadows, and yea, lack of tin and copper, and vary little diamond. I'm just starting to wonder if it has any thing to do with it.

I live in a vanilla jungle

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, the theory about biome-specific ore spawn is back huh?

You do need to know that ore generation is based on random.

If it was purely random, you could even see very rare occurrences of a whole world without a single ore...

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019

If it was purely random, you could even see very rare occurrences of a whole world without a single ore...

Although the chances against that would literally make it so that if a supercomputer were constantly generating new worlds and "exploring" them until it found an ore from the Big Bang until today, it wouldn't find an ore-less world.

Meara

Jul 29, 2019

Not a Theory, just an observation. Nothing Scientific was done on my end.
However, I dout it's totally random. Because that would hint at the fact a world could be void of all ore,like you said, or void of stone... Frankly the changes of that just like Whovian Said, So highly unlikely it's not even worth mentioning.
If you do want to bring theory in to it make sure your aware of the fact Emerald IS Biome specific spawn.
I was just wondering it some how Extra Biomes or something had different peramiters or something along the lines. Hence why I backed out of the conversion, when Molta said it was a normal jungle.
To counter my blight with the Lack of Diamond in meadows I just created a Extream Hills Biome world and Flattened it. Increasing the "Chance" of Tin, Copper, and Coal to spawn. Got a hefty amount of Iridium out of it as well.

As far as im aware. There are actually 2 kinds of Copper enabled. 2 Types of Tin and 3 Silver, and I didn't even edit the config files. I am Unsure witch one is the 2nd of the two But One is defiantly forestry.

Anyway doesn't really matter, only thing i can say is ya got unlucky.

Bluehorazon

Jul 29, 2019
Actually Ores do spawn biome-dependend, although this is only true for certain ores.

And yes player added an option to adjust the spawn-rate for IC2-Ores. I think it was on a request by slow, since they already noticed that balancing the ores with so many mods using them is a really hard thing. If you play Pack A I suggest enabling the IC2-Ores additionally, since they aren't as abundant as TE Ores.

wolfpax181

Jul 29, 2019
Ore spawn CAN be biome dependent if it's specifically coded for that biome to have a different ratio of an ore, a mod would even let you alter biomes to specifically change ore density. Otherwise all ore should spawn in all chunks with the same random chance.

Best suggestion I have is to try to get a decent sized quarry up and running, unless you want to monkey around in trying to increase ore density.