Suggestions for mass-producing slag for rockwool?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PoisonWolf

Jul 29, 2019
Hi folks,

As the title says, I'm wondering if anyone has good methods of farming large amounts of slag for producing rockwool. Right now, I have a 16 pulverizer and 16 induction smelter setup that's looping. All I have to do is throw in sands to get them. The only problem, however, is that slag is only produced 25% of the time and would like something more efficient, if possible.

Thanks!

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I kinda think you've hit peak efficiency. Expanding your operation might be the only option. I hope that I'm wrong for your sake though!

PoisonWolf

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I kinda think you've hit peak efficiency. Expanding your operation might be the only option. I hope that I'm wrong for your sake though!
Thank you. I was hoping that wouldn't be the answer, but oh well. The only other option is to do dark ashes, but those are even more ineffective due to the speed of getting them. I guess for now an array of 16 will be sufficient. I have discovered an easy use for them now that I Have discovered....the filler. Lol.

Is rockwool purely decorative?

Yup.