FTB no server plugins issue discussion thread.

PoLoMoTo

Jul 29, 2019
Since we may have to start from scratch I would love to use some of my favorite and useful plug ins. Such as the "Faction" plug in. It has many great uses and is perfect for PvP. I do not know of any mods or plug ins that are nearly as good as factions. I am not a good coder but I would love to help with the dev of this plug in.

I doubt the dev would be willing to start from scratch like this, he would have to make an actual mod for forge I think which I'm pretty sure is much, much harder than making a plugin for bukkit.

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
I doubt the dev would be willing to start from scratch like this, he would have to make an actual mod for forge I think which I'm pretty sure is much, much harder than making a plugin for bukkit.

Not really. It is more allong the same lines. The only that might harder is finding all the correct hookins in forge, bukkit has a more layed out plan of what its hooks are and what they do, forge still lacks this a but mainly it would be about the same.
But for a fect "Factions" is awfully coded! so a recode and a complete rewrite would not be bad at all for this plugin.

Reactions: Phuriousgeorge

Cieronph

Jul 29, 2019
I think forge essentials should be added to the list, its really useful and atm is almost stable

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
I think forge essentials should be added to the list, its really useful and atm is almost stable
FE has NO "release" yet. It is still in full DEV so will add it once i get the go from Abrar himself (the project leader)

Skaduush

Jul 29, 2019
Starting Basics:
I am currently testing with the DireWolf20 (v3) MC1.4.6 Server & Client ONLY. Information here is simply my personal experiences. I'm not affiliated nor able to provide support for FTB or other mods.Use at your own risk.
CORE Components
MineCraft 1.4.6
MinecraftForge v6.5.0.489
ForgeModLoader v4.6.17.515
MCP 7.25
CORE Mods
BuildCraft (Core/Builders/Energy/Factory/Transport/Silicon) 3.3.0
ChickenChunks 1.2.1.1
ChickenCodeCore 0.7.9.2
CompactSolars 3.2.0.21
ComputerCraft 1.481
CCTurtle 1.481
Equivalent Exchange 3.pre1e
EnderStorage 1.3.1.1
ExtraBiomesXL 3.7.0
Factorization 0.7.10
Forestry A-1.6.4.1
GravityGun 1.4.6v1
IC2NuclearControl 1.4.5
IC2 1.112.170.1f
IronChest 4.5.1.203
MiscPeripherals 2.3
GraviSuite 1.6
MFFS 2.2.8.2.14
MystCraft 0.9.5.00
NEI 1.4.5
ObsidPlates 1.2.0.3
OmniTools 2.2.5
PortalGun 1.4.6v2
RailCraft 6.12.2.0
RedPower (Core/Base/Machine/Compat/Wiring/Logic/Lighting/Control) 2.0pre6
SoulShards 1.21
StevesCarts 2.0.0.0.a41
ThaumCraft 3.0.1c
ThermalExpansion (Core/Factory/Energy/Transport) 2.1.6
WR-CBE (Core/Addons/RedPower) 1.3.2.4
XyCraft 0.9.44
Admin Mods:
Fihgus Commands - ( Provides very basic bukkit style permissions, commands, login authorization and area protection )
Testing v2.1.2 - Clean Install - Server side modification and jar files only, no client requirements.

Fihgus Login - Not required on my server, removed, no further testing.
Fihgus Permission - Permission groups seem simple enough to modify and create, need testing for multiple inheritance and sub-groups.
Fihgus Protection - Need live SMP testing
Fihgus Teleport - All commands work as expected

Permissions / Commands (default)
Player Group:
/help [page:command]
/tell <player> <message>
/list
/seed
/me <action/text>
/login <password>
/logoff <password>
/register <password>
/warp <warp point|player> or <X Y [height]
/summon <player>
/y
/n
warp.point - (Passive permission)
/sethome [name]
/home [name]
/spawn
/back
/delhome [name]
/mods
/colors
/lock
/unlock
/share <player> [region]
/unshare <player> [region]
/listregion [player]
/listlock [player]

Admin Group:
@group player
/time <set|add> value
/give <player> <item> [amount] [data]
/kick <player> [reason]
/ban <name> [reason]
/ban-ip <address|name> [reason]
/banlist [ips|players]
/pardon <name>
/pardon-ip <address>
/whitelist <on|off|list|add|remove|reload>
/toggledownfall
/xp <amount> [player] or <amount>L [player]
/say <message>
/setspawn
warp.location - (passive permission)
warp.ignorerequest - (passive permission)
/setwarp <name>
/top
deathback - (passive permission)
/delwarp <name>
/setregion <region>
/delregion <region>
bypasslock - (passive permission)

Owner Group:
@group admin
/op <player>
/deop <player>
/gamemode <mode> [player]
/save-on
/save-off
/save-all
/debug
/defaultgamemode <mode>
/stop
/addgroup <groupname>
/delgroup <groupname>
/addpermission <player> <permission>
/delpermission <player> <permission
/addpermissiongroup <groupname> <permission>
/delpermissiongroup <groupname> <permission>
joingroup -
leavegroup -
MCPermissions and MCProtect - ( Provides bukkit style permissions and world protection )
ForgeEssentials - ( Provides bukkit style permissions, commands, and world editing )
TESTING build 210 - Crashed server upon startup, reverting
TESTING build 208
seems to work...
2013-01-02_155146_zps69fa99eb.png

Some of the commands are still a bit glitchy but this mod gets updated frequently.
//wand - WORKS
//set <id> - WORKS
//undo or //redo - WORKS
//deselect - NOT WORKING
//replace - NOT WORKING
/butcher - NOT WORKING
/burn - WORKS
/freeze - WORKS
/enchant - WORKS
/colorize - NOT WORKING
/heal - WORKS
/home - WORKS
/list - WORKS
/modlist - WORKS
/kit - WORKS
/kill - WORKS
/msg - WORKS
/r - WORKS
/motd - WORKS
/remove - WORKS
/repair - WORKS
Custom NPCs - ( Citizens-type NPC mod )
ForgeBackup - ( Basic automated backup and restore ability )
KeepCalm's Mods - ( Block break, BukkitForge, WorldEdit and more )
I've been unable to successfully configure these mods to work with DW20 server builds, if someone can point me to or provide a simple config tutorial to get me started I can continue to test.
BukkitForge 1.4.6-b53
BlockBreak -
Essentials -
ForgeChat -
ForgeCommands -
WorldEdit-Forge -

NON-Critical:
Animal Bikes - ( FUNTIMES: Adds ride-able animals & mobs with special abilities )
More Player Models - ( CUSTOMIZATION: Allows players to appear as different player models and skins. Works in tandem with Custom NPCs above. )
DrZharks MoCreatures - ( CONTENT: Adds additional mobs, creatures and tamable pets. )
Successfully installed in both server and client
DynMap - Forge version available.

Forge mods still needed/searching for:
Multiverse - Something that will handle moving between multiple worlds, nether, end, etc as well as world generation.
xyzEconomy - Some form of economy plugin/mod
Towny/Residence/Faction - Some type of player town or other factioned pvp plugins
CommandTicks - Critical server apps to schedule console commands for backups, restarts, etc
ChestShop/Protection - I know some of the above mods provide a basic chest protection but nothing found for chest shops or more robust protection.
Chat - More robust chat handling mod, channels, private messages, mail, etc.

Additional Info:
Found this forum link with an EXCELLENT list of Forge compatible mods: (LINK)
LIVE TESTING:
Running a live test for my players using, FTB-DW20v3, ForgeEssentials, ForgeIRC, DynMap, CustomMobSpawner, GUI API, MoCreatures,& Custom NPCs.
Ran the default configs last night will attempt to configure apps this morning/today.
Basic tutorial link.
Food for thought

Exstinguo

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, didn't think such a list would be so long. Nice to know that there are plenty of mods compatible with Forge, but do they all work with the FTB pack?

GoldenVapour

Jul 29, 2019
This list you have created above is very useful i hope you are going to update the list if new mods come out, i was also wondering if anyone had seen any plugins which are compatible with forge and have the idea of towny or factions :)

Thanks GoldenVapour

GoldenVapour

Jul 29, 2019
That is so helpful this mod is amazing it will allow me to make an amazing FTB server now with factions and permissions

thank-you You don't know how much time you have saved me :)

HaoSs

Jul 29, 2019
just go on that topic and let the creator of the mod know :D. lets give his some support

GoldenVapour

Jul 29, 2019
That guy has really made forge look like a new and alive sever platform meaning now that forge is almost as good as bukkit :) Hope he keep updating it :) and already shown my support

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for directing me to this thread. I will review the current suggestions and report my findings as well as any new data discoveries. I will keep my updates confined to this post to reduce excessive post spam. Check back for updates often. If there is feedback for me or suggestions please drop me a PM here, or hit me up on the herocraftonline forums and I will make updates as I go. I'm looking to get our new server out to production by 1st quarter 2013. Admin/Protections/Server Functions are my main priority but fun plugins and added content are important as well.

Thanks!

Starting Basics:
I am currently testing with the DireWolf20 (v3) MC1.4.6 Server & Client.
CORE Components
MineCraft 1.4.6
MinecraftForge v6.5.0.489
ForgeModLoader v4.6.17.515
MCP 7.25

CORE Mods
BuildCraft (Core/Builders/Energy/Factory/Transport/Silicon) 3.3.0
ChickenChunks 1.2.1.1
ChickenCodeCore 0.7.9.2
CompactSolars 3.2.0.21
ComputerCraft 1.481
CCTurtle 1.481
Equivalent Exchange 3.pre1e
EnderStorage 1.3.1.1
ExtraBiomesXL 3.7.0
Factorization 0.7.10
Forestry A-1.6.4.1
GravityGun 1.4.6v1
IC2NuclearControl 1.4.5
IC2 1.112.170.1f
IronChest 4.5.1.203
MiscPeripherals 2.3
GraviSuite 1.6
MFFS 2.2.8.2.14
MystCraft 0.9.5.00
NEI 1.4.5
ObsidPlates 1.2.0.3
OmniTools 2.2.5
PortalGun 1.4.6v2
RailCraft 6.12.2.0
RedPower (Core/Base/Machine/Compat/Wiring/Logic/Lighting/Control) 2.0pre6
SoulShards 1.21
StevesCarts 2.0.0.0.a41
ThaumCraft 3.0.1c
ThermalExpansion (Core/Factory/Energy/Transport) 2.1.6
WR-CBE (Core/Addons/RedPower) 1.3.2.4
XyCraft 0.9.44
All of my findings will be based off compatibility with this mod pack ONLY.
Please take any information here as simply my personal experiences, I am not affiliated nor able to provide support for FTB or any other mod mentioned.Your usage may differ, use at your own risk.

Admin Mods:
Fihgus Commands - ( Provides very basic bukkit style permissions, commands, login authorization and area protection )
Testing v2.1.2 - Clean Install - Server side modification and jar files only, no client requirements.
Fihgus Login - Not required on my server, removed, no further testing.
Fihgus Permission - Permission groups seem simple enough to modify and create, need testing for multiple inherritance and sub-groups.
Fihgus Protection - Need live SMP testing
Fihgus Teleport - All commands work as expected
MCPermissions and MCProtect - ( Provides bukkit style permissions and world protection )
ForgeEssentials - ( Provides bukkit style permissions, commands, and world editing )
TESTING build 208
seems to work...
2013-01-02_155146_zps69fa99eb.png

Some of the commands are still a bit glitchy but this mod gets updated frequently.
//wand - WORKS
//set <id> - WORKS
//undo or //redo - WORKS
//deselect - NOT WORKING
//replace - NOT WORKING
/butcher - NOT WORKING
/burn - WORKS
/freeze - WORKS
/enchant - WORKS
/colorize - NOT WORKING
/heal - WORKS
/home - WORKS
/list - WORKS
/modlist - WORKS
/kit - WORKS
/kill - WORKS
/msg - WORKS
/r - WORKS
/motd - WORKS
/remove - WORKS
/repair - WORKS
Custom NPCs - ( Citizens-type NPC mod )
ForgeBackup - ( Basic automated backup and restore ability )

NON-Critical:
Animal Bikes - ( FUNTIMES: Adds ride-able animals & mobs with special abilities )
More Player Models - ( CUSTOMIZATION: Allows players to appear as different player models and skins. Works in tandem with Custom NPCs above. )
DrZharks MoCreatures - ( CONTENT: Adds additional mobs, creatures and tamable pets. )
Successfully installed in both server and client
DynMap - Forge version available.

Forge mods still needed/searching for:
Multiverse - Something that will handle moving between multiple worlds, nether, end, etc as well as world generation.
xyzEconomy - Some form of economy plugin/mod
Towny/Residence/Faction - Some type of player town or other factioned pvp plugins
CommandTicks - Critical server apps to schedule console commands for backups, restarts, etc
ChestShop/Protection - I know some of the above mods provide a basic chest protection but nothing found for chest shops or more robust protection.
Chat - More robust chat handling mod, channels, private messages, mail, etc.
Error in log - Clean fresh install of DW20 v3 pack, no modifications yet...
2013-01-02 12:46:21 [SEVERE] [Equivalent Exchange 3] Could not load RP2 World addon
2013-01-02 12:46:21 [INFO] [STDERR] java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: RedPowerWorld
2013-01-02 12:46:21 [INFO] [STDERR] at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchClassLoader.findClass(RelaunchClassLoader.java:179)
2013-01-02 12:46:21 [INFO] [STDERR] at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
2013-01-02 12:46:21 [INFO] [STDERR] at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
2013-01-02 12:46:21 [INFO] [STDERR] at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
2013-01-02 12:46:21 [INFO] [STDERR] at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
2013-01-02 12:46:21 [INFO] [STDERR] at com.pahimar.ee3.core.addons.AddonRedPower2.initWorld(AddonRedPower2.java:22)
2013-01-02 12:46:21 [INFO] [STDERR] at com.pahimar.ee3.core.handlers.AddonHandler.init(AddonHandler.java:19)
2013-01-02 12:46:21 [INFO] [STDERR] at com.pahimar.ee3.EquivalentExchange3.modsLoaded(EquivalentExchange3.java:157)
Server still loads, plugins appear to operate normally.

Additional Info:
Found this forum link with an EXCELLENT list of Forge compatible mods: (LINK)
LIVE TESTING:
Running a live test for my players using, FTB-DW20v3, ForgeEssentials, ForgeIRC, DynMap, CustomMobSpawner, GUI API, MoCreatures,& Custom NPCs.
Ran the default configs last night will attempt to configure apps this morning/today.
Basic tutorial link.

Good post. The guys from FE are still working hard. The release you have is a non complete version. So just give them a little longer and everything will be working perfectly.

Skaduush

Jul 29, 2019
Good post. The guys from FE are still working hard. The release you have is a non complete version. So just give them a little longer and everything will be working perfectly.
Thanks, I really want to see FTB succeed, they already have a superior launcher setup, easy to modify mod packs, etc. Hopefully I can help others in the process as I build out our production server.

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
Little update on ForgeEssentials.

They implemented the zone protection with block place and brake cancellation. So it will be here prity soon :D

Skaduush

Jul 29, 2019
May wanna try this : http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php/topic,3254.0.html . someone managed to port bukkit api to forge. may need some bugfixes but a lot of bukkit plugins work on FTB :D ( essentials. towny.worldedit. etc )
I don't want to sound like a total cobblehead... but can you point me to a tutorial/how to, so I can get this up and running. I've tried, searched, read many posts, experimented but have been unsuccessful in getting it running and can't add this to my tests above if I can't run it :)

Thanks!

Skaduush

Jul 29, 2019
Perfect thank you.. I had totally ignored the CoreMods folder out of habitual 1.2.5 modding with tekkit... Starting test work now.

Update, got this working successfully. FTB just release updates to the Launcher and DW20 server/client packs... BukkitForge still working well with DW20v4, installed, Mo'Creatures for Forge, Vault 1.2.22 for Bukkit, Citizens doesn't want to load: KeepCalm is aware: LINK ... More to come, still testing..

Malkierian

Jul 29, 2019
On behalf of the ForgeEssentials team, I'd just like to say that while our permissions system is in fact working, it would still be nice to have a SuperPerms-like interface so mods don't necessarily have to plug into our API in order to get permissions working. However, I have no idea where the Forge system currently is, or else I would look at possibly creating it myself and submitting a PR.

We do, however, have custom events that allow us to utilize protection stuff, and yes, we are close to our first official release. Hold onto your hats, people, this is the start of the wildest ride Forge has ever had!

Also, I'd like to point out that the sentiment on this thread is right. We should be focusing on creating mods that take the place of Bukkit plugins, not porting them over. First, Forge and FML have so much more potential than plugins are able to take advantage of, and second, yes, some of them are horribly coded. I fully expect, once the superperms system is in place, and we have a few more hooks in place, that FML will start to totally overtake Bukkit thanks to the help of FTB. The attitude of the current Bukkit team is inexcusable, and I fully believe Mojang made a huge mistake choosing Bukkit over Forge when bringing someone on to make the Mod API, and I'd like to prove it with things like ForgeEssentials, CityForgers, and other mods made to replace Bukkit plugins.