Biomes O' Plenty for 1.6.2

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Get it while its hot.

fP1XwYw.jpg

EId9SG4.jpg

YfK7mp0.jpg

nu4z6we.jpg

Biome side set to 2. Default is 4 and large biomes is 6.

https://twitter.com/mrbigglesw0rth/status/353037258728800256
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1495041-161-forge-biomes-o-plenty-v056-updated-to-161/

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Yes.

It's not supposed to be used for anything. It's supposed to let modders start developing their mods, not to act as a framework for them to publish their mods.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I'll rather wait till it's cooled down, y'know, most bugs that will get fixed, and a bunch of other mods that gets updated...

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019

No, forge is still 1.4.7[DOUBLEPOST=1373011464][/DOUBLEPOST]

This didn't make sense.

1. Forge is for 1.5.2, and 1.6.
2. Forge isn't supposed to be used as a framework in 1.6, because of how unstable it is currently. It's meant to be there so that modders can start to work on getting their mods updated to 1.6. By the time that they've updated their mods to 1.6 Forge will have updated to be stable enough to act as a framework in 1.6.

I'm not sure how else I can word that to make it simpler.

Reactions: dgdas9

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
2. Forge isn't supposed to be used as a framework in 1.6, because of how unstable it is currently. It's meant to be there so that modders can start to work on getting their mods updated to 1.6. By the time that they've updated their mods to 1.6 Forge will have updated to be stable enough to act as a framework in 1.6.

I'm not sure how else I can word that to make it simpler.

1. Your information is out of date. IC2, BoP and Forge are stable enough to run currently and Ive been using them for the last few hours. Debugging comes from implementation and testing. "Not suppose to use it as a framework" is nonsensical.
THE SPICE MUST FLOW

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Basically, right now Forge for 1.6.x is an alpha release.

Sure. If Alpha release means it runs and can be used with mods to test and bug squish in 1.6.1. Then sure, "alpha".
Realistically though its in beta, where they are squishing bugs. Alpha builds rarely work this well and are met with farm more crashes and incompatibilities. Im thinking many of you are using older 1.6.1 revisions.

How many of you are actively using Forge in 1.6.1 with mods to test things out?

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
And I don't think I'll be able to use it for a few months, at least. I don't think I'll wait for everything I use as much as RP2 fans are waiting for Eloraam, but this really does feel way too early.
At least those screenshots gave me an idea for my next world.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Having switched to BoP in 1.4.7 and 1.5.2, those are views I'm used to :D

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
Meh another "BoP is the best biome mod, go use it" thread.

I will still use Highlands instead of BoP as i like it more. BoP fits good into magic themed packs but not in tech themed ones imo.

1. Forge is not only for 1.5.2 and 1.6! There are Versions available from MC 1.1 onwards and if you search hard even earlier versions can be found.... AND the 1.4.7 reference was a JOKE from Bigglesworth.
2. Forge rather is in beta than alpha now. Alphas are feature incomplete and tend to crash on you every minute. Betas are more feature complete(often have all features) and tend to only crash now and then or have some other bugs

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
is it just me, or does the drabness of BoP get to other people as well? so many biomes are dull colored enough and use so many greens, browns, and greys, that they make me yearn for the bright colors of a desert even. Maybe I'm the last XL aficionado :(

Mjw

Jul 29, 2019

I will still use Highlands instead of BoP as i like it more. BoP fits good into magic themed packs but not in tech themed ones imo.
highlands does not have a 1.6 version

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Oh god please tell me that's not a gravel biome.

There's a gravel beach, luckily I use a texture pack, so gravel looks nice (for gravel), and not the terrible new default texture.

is it just me, or does the drabness of BoP get to other people as well? so many biomes are dull colored enough and use so many greens, browns, and greys, that they make me yearn for the bright colors of a desert even. Maybe I'm the last XL aficionado :(

Some of the BoP biomes are quite bright. Since I use a more "natural" texture pack, I find many of BoP biomes stick out a bit as being too bright/neon.

highlands does not have a 1.6 version

Yet...

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
And I don't think I'll be able to use it for a few months, at least. I don't think I'll wait for everything I use as much as RP2 fans are waiting for Eloraam, but this really does feel way too early.
At least those screenshots gave me an idea for my next world.

Well this early on certainly you dont want to base a modpack around it and a new world. This is for general testing till it is more proven. There is little reason not to slap it in 1.6.1 Forge install and try it out, has no effect on your main worlds.

1. Forge is not only for 1.5.2 and 1.6! There are Versions available from MC 1.1 onwards and if you search hard even earlier versions can be found.... AND the 1.4.7 reference was a JOKE from Bigglesworth.
2. Forge rather is in beta than alpha now. Alphas are feature incomplete and tend to crash on you every minute. Betas are more feature complete(often have all features) and tend to only crash now and then or have some other bugs

Lol, well its true, I do like me some BoP. I tried to contain myself till 1.6.1 was publicly available. I have BoP and Highlands on my spreadsheet. Waiting for them to update to try it out as well. I agree it is more fantasy themed than tech, but afaik they have been doing well incorporating other mod world gen (bees, ores etc). The way one gets to the 'Pomised Land' biome is pretty cool too. I'' check out Highlands again when its ready for consumption by us mortals.

Ive only show many 1/4th of the biomes. Lots of very bright ones, like the hotsprings one, where you jump in the (brightly colored blue) waters and get a healing effect.

Aetherr_

Jul 29, 2019

I like extra biomes better.