GregTech and Universal Electrcity Plate Crafting

jacob_pro

Jul 29, 2019
I have a custom pack based on ultimate, at first i removed gregtech and added basic components/UE and ICBM along with a few other things. I have recently added gregtech back and it seems to have removed the steel/bronze/tin plates of UE, i can make the gregtech ones but they do not work in the UE recipes. How do i disable that feature of gregtech, i am sure i couldn't find it in the config?

EDIT: I have also just realised GregTech seems to interfere with nearly everything, emerald bees etc. is there anyway i can disable all of this?

Thanks

Ryiah

Jul 29, 2019
I have also just realised GregTech seems to interfere with nearly everything, emerald bees etc. is there anyway i can disable all of this?

GregTech's purpose is to increase the time needed to reach end game. The only way you're likely to keep it from meddling entirely is to remove it.

jacob_pro

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the replies, but most importantly what can i do about the universal electricity plates? It is not a case of gregtech making it harder, it makes it unplayable, I cannot craft the plates the normal way, i can only make gregtech plates which do not work with basiccomponents

jacob_pro

Jul 29, 2019
Doesn't help at all, especially on a multiplayer server. I have tried using the omnitool converter thing, but it said conversion disabled, so i changed the config file and it no longer said that but rather did nothing/didnt work at all. Anyway another player isnt happy about the bees so ive removed gregtech again

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
The MPS GT recipes are rather Rediculous.
The powersuit was always going to, and always will be, compared to the Gravisuit, or will be until either IC2
Falls or the mod isn't updated.
The recipes just seem pointlessly expensive, and TBH AFAIK CubCraft, where Greg plays, has the TE/IC2 recipes on, because they're the mat balanced IMO.

The extra bees thing is actually advantageous, assuming you want the dusts,
Which, if using GT you most likely do.
It ends up stabalising the output of a lot of them, either a 25% chance for 1 copper dust, or a 100% chance for a tiny pile - all evens out.
And bees are by far NOT the best way to get emeralds, a wheat and fish farm is.

And the plates being different must be a config thing, as in RR the two are interchangeable.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
The MPS GT recipes are rather Rediculous.
The powersuit was always going to, and always will be, compared to the Gravisuit, or will be until either IC2
Falls or the mod isn't updated.
The recipes just seem pointlessly expensive, and TBH AFAIK CubCraft, where Greg plays, has the TE/IC2 recipes on, because they're the mat balanced IMO.
the recipes for power armor actually are part of power armor mod. i have no idea if greg was involved in their creation, but i find it`s rather funny that he doesnt use em.
can you post a link for that CubCraft server? i just have doubts in my google-fu today...

FtbBossWhoIsAw3s0m3

Jul 29, 2019
look at the 152wgt recipe for an enchantment table. I NEED TO FUCKING GO TO THE END AND GET SHELDONITE TO MAKE A FUCKING CHUNK LOADER!

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Enchantment table change..
Also configurable, off by default is a change to the enchantment table.

Back on MPS GT recipes...
My example of CubCraft - it's a server owned by cublikefoot and is essentially a private server.

I used it to help show that Greg didn't make the powersuit recipes - they have full on GT hard mode, everything like that but no GT MPS recipes.
Why?
Because it takes too much to accomplish too little.

The suit can't be used for gain, unlike say spending resources on a Fusion reactor or something, which then provides power which can be used for exponential growth, once you have the suit it hats the end of the line.

Back to Chunkloader and whatever the guy above me is saying...
And one could always use a world anchor, a personal anchor, 2 portal gun portals open in different chunks, certain MFFS2 stuff, a quarry or a variety of other things in the pack that Chunkloader.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
can you share more details on enchantment table change? i just checked last build of beta with GT and didnt find anything alarming

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
I thought it was just an option to disable it, off by default.

Then FTBoss started ranting able Chunkloaders and sheldonite and I guessed that there was a configuration derp.