Cargo Manager and Buildcraft Pipes

Lord Wumbo

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, so on a server I play on I am trying to pull items out of a cargo manager with an emerald pipe (so I only pull out the logs) and transport them to a furnace to make charcoal.

However, the emerald pipe doesn't pull any items out. I have a redstone engine powering it and yes, I have a cargo distributor under the manager. I am pulling out of the blue side and put the "all" icon on the blue side in the cargo distributor.

Below, I posted an image of how the cargo manager is set-up.

cargo manager setup.png

Harros

Jul 29, 2019
Try dividing the slots into four different sections I believe you press the button in between the cargo and manager in the middle of the interface until it shows four seperate sections then define that section such as top right or bottom left in the cargo distrubutor this way it should work better at pulling out logs.

Lord Wumbo

Jul 29, 2019
I just left it on each of the sectioned settings, with "each colour has its own slots" and "each side has its own slots". I left it on for a few seconds and nothing was pulled out, I tested with manually putting logs in just the furnace myself and it pulls out charcoal reasonably fast. Doesn't take long for the charcoal to actually come out, but logs aren't being pulled at all.

Harros

Jul 29, 2019
Could you throw a screenshot of the distributor settings on here it sounds like it should be working.

Lord Wumbo

Jul 29, 2019
nvm, apparently emerald pipes don't work at all, since I used a wood pipe and it is fine. I had to set up some barrels and stuff for everything not logs, but it works.....

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Emerald pipes work just fine its the setup that most get wrong, setup is 1 apple, 2 saplings, rest wood, pipe will not pull until the pipe list is all in the inventory to pull from.

Lord Wumbo

Jul 29, 2019
Emerald pipes work just fine its the setup that most get wrong, setup is 1 apple, 2 saplings, rest wood, pipe will not pull until the pipe list is all in the inventory to pull from.

I don't quite get what you're saying, I only want the logs, hence the emerald pipes filters. If I put apples, saplings and logs in, wouldn't it pull all of them?

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
the colors on the cargo manager should match the side that is facing the tracks for all the slots. Are you trying to pull directly form the manager? or do you have the cargo distributor under it? Using the distributor allows you tell which side of it inputs/outputs and pipes pull from them with no issue. The managers aren't designed to input/output on their own.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
I don't quite get what you're saying, I only want the logs, hence the emerald pipes filters. If I put apples, saplings and logs in, wouldn't it pull all of them?
yes it will pull whats in the pipe list, but it will not pull charcoal (I run mine off charcoal), any way you cant leave items in the manager so they must be pulled at some point, emerald pipe works like this, its pulls whats in the 9 slot list so, if you add 1 wood it will pull only wood as the cart drops it off, if you add one of each wood, apple & sapling it will only pull 3 items at a time & only when all 3 are in the inventory to be pulled from, so best to add mostly the items that are produced more often in this case wood, so 1 apple, 2 sapling & 6 wood will keep the cargo manager more or less clear, after you have pulled into a pipe then sort into you network or to the machines for processing.