Check out this new Thaumcraft feature - Thaumostatic Harness

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Touchy...

Anyway, I support creative-style flight, because jetpacks are horrible for building, MPSs and Gravichestplates are way too expensive. Now excuse me while I puke my guts out. I hate butter.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Oh sorry, I have made a mistake, I guess I should leave the forums and end my life.
:D :D :D

Do it with honour!

200px-Seppuku-2.jpg

Phantom27

Jul 29, 2019
Wow thanks, somebody finally doing the new TC3 stuff :D

What do the new leggings do?

It's always good to have multiple choices. :D

They are called the Goliath's Leggings and are essentially an upgraded version of the old Thaumaturge's Leggings. They offer more protection, a higher vis discount when crafting thaumcraft stuff, and in addition, if you have more than 2.5 hearts and you receive a blow that would normally kill you, the leggings keep you alive with half a heart left. Overall they are pretty cool and fairly cheap, great for early game.

No, do it slowly and painfully. With his friends and family watching.

Seppuku (the method of suicide seen in the picture) was noted as a slow and particularly painful one.

From what I recall, it was common among samurais because it was viewed as honourable and granted redemption from anything that weighed down their conscience.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any wiki that's updated to this stuff? These are the things that really need a wiki..

Phantom27

Jul 29, 2019
The Goliath's leggings are from Thaumic Tinkerer, right?

Yes, you're right. All the Thaumic Tinkerer research and items are really well integrated with Thaumcraft, so it's a bit hard to tell what's added by TC and what by TT.

Is there any wiki that's updated to this stuff? These are the things that really need a wiki..

Not that I'm aware of unfortunately...

I've completed about 80-90% of the research though, so I can give hints if anybody needs help.

Reactions: Chocorate

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
I wish NEI had a thaumcraft cheat mode. That would be a special option which could be turned off on servers. So everyone is happy. Except prissy little Gregtech-esque people who say that you need to research it and do it the legit way or you're not a complete person. I love those guys.

Phantom27

Jul 29, 2019
I wish NEI had a thaumcraft cheat mode. That would be a special option which could be turned off on servers. So everyone is happy. Except prissy little Gregtech-esque people who say that you need to research it and do it the legit way or you're not a complete person. I love those guys.

Not exactly what you are asking for, but Thaumic Tinkerer does add an item to help speed up research and make it less tedious if you are playing on a server, the Tome of Knowledge Sharing. It doesn't have a recipe however, so it needs to be cheated in. Here's a pic of its in-game description:

2ms269c.png

Reactions: Chocorate

UncagedBlue

Jul 29, 2019
Not exactly what you are asking for, but Thaumic Tinkerer does add an item to help speed up research and make it less tedious if you are playing on a server, the Tome of Knowledge Sharing. It doesn't have a recipe however, so it needs to be cheated in. Here's a pic of its in-game description:

2ms269c.png

Is the 0.5 beta pack stable enough to make a world on or is that a custom pack?

Phantom27

Jul 29, 2019
Is the 0.5 beta pack stable enough to make a world on or is that a custom pack?

It's the beta pack.

It's definitely stable enough, I generated this world in 0.3 and so far it's been great. Got a few crashes the first few days, but ever since it got updated to 0.4 everything's been fine. Keep in mind that there are several mods that aren't included in the pack as of now, but they seem to add more and more every time it updates to a new version. 0.5 for example added the minimap, soul shards and mystcraft, all of which were absent before.