Download Jar/exe button not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

lade1rex

Jul 29, 2019
I tryed clicking the button to download the .jar for the launcher, but literaly nothing happened. No loading, no page redirect, no error message, no download popup, nothing. It's the same with the .exe download button.

Esperologist

Jul 29, 2019
I have the same issue, only mine does switch to a page that literaly says this:
Error 503 Service Unavailable
Service Unavailable
Guru Meditation:
XID: 1196021125
Varnish cache server

Wolfy910

Jul 29, 2019
Part of creeperhost is down atm, its causing issues for the launcher. Yay for no offline option :3

majorplayer

Jul 29, 2019
I came to download the pack after having watched all the Mindcrack guys play it, only to be greeted with a message saying the servers are down. How hard is it to host the files on more then a single server?

Not sure if ill bother trying again tomorrow, might as well just keep playing tekkit.

Basion

Jul 29, 2019
I came to download the pack after having watched all the Mindcrack guys play it, only to be greeted with a message saying the servers are down. How hard is it to host the files on more then a single server?

Not sure if ill bother trying again tomorrow, might as well just keep playing tekkit.

It's not that hard to do, but it can be costly to rent servers and have thousands of people downloading your stuff every day.

majorplayer

Jul 29, 2019
It's not that hard to do, but it can be costly to rent servers and have thousands of people downloading your stuff every day.
You don't have to rent every sever you upload files to. There are also plenty of places that allow free file hosting, even to the 'thousands' of people who download it. You would think that there would be at least a second sever for redundancy purposes, or even a torrent file. Not very forward thinking at all.

Esperologist

Jul 29, 2019
They likely didn't expect Mindcrack to suddenly bring them so many people.
Also, those so called 'free' file hosting sites tend to have a nasty habit of lots of adverts. There are a few 'free' file hosting sites I avoid because the adverts are that annoying... or I just can't tell what is an advert and what I hit to download the file.
Either way, I'm sure they are looking at alternate hosting options now, with the massive influx of Mindcrack fans coming in.

Personally, I hadn't heard of FtB until Mindcrack started into it... and it took a few episodes from a few of the members for me to decide that I wanted it.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
If ever you have issues using the download buttons on the website, feel free to use the links in my signature.

lade1rex

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, i honestly thought my topic was just going to get pushed aside by others. Thanks for the tips guys. Also, i got here from direwolf20

lade1rex

Jul 29, 2019
Now why would you ever think that? :)
because that's what typicly happens for topics i create on other forums. Sometimes it's luck for my topic to be read (i do get seen reciveing help on the minecraft forums, however)

Edit: Btw ashzification, the links in your tag do bring me to the download page, but the button to download it just acts like a refresh button, with nothing happening.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I have a prior engagement this afternoon, but when I get home I'll check on the links. Thanks for letting me know!

Esperologist

Jul 29, 2019
I've already tried ctrl+f5 and yet it still doesn't work. What should I do now?
If using IE, go to Tools, Internet Options... then under Browsing History, hit delete.
If after that it doesn't work, you may have to track down the folders and empty them manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.