Check out this new Thaumcraft feature - Thaumostatic Harness

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

UncagedBlue

Jul 29, 2019
I am a qualified thaumaturge. I know what I'm doing.

http://imgur.com/a/cQhrq
Actual info: It grants creative-style flight. It's pretty slow, but with haste 3 it's pretty good. It runs off of warded jars (not bottles, the block, kind of inconvenient because the thing also won't accept stacks of them) filled with potentia. It's glowing because I enchanted it.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I have kind of mixed feelings about it. it looks really cool and all, but it again gives me a feeling if you really want to enjoy thaumcraft, you need to play it as a standalone mod, and not with other mods installed.
but I really do hope the magic carpet will make a comeback, I really loved my carpet, in TC2, especially with a zephyr :p

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Looks more like something that should come with a steampunk mod, rather than a magic mod.

It should have it's own system of movement, rather than just using creative mode flight. Creative flight is kinda boring, to be honest. Something more slippery and quick would be better. Or maybe just really slow and really controlled movement.

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
That looks utterly amazing. You did it again, TC :)
EDIT: And yes, looks > Functionality.
Because why not.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
It fits just fine. Vanilla Minecraft has redstone mechanical stuff already and Thaumcraft adds things to that not to mention the arcane bore. So it isn't even close to being purely about magic.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
I think this should be changed, so that in stead of just using potentia to power flight, it should have different effects to do different things, like buffs and so on, I made a massive list of it, but I can't be arsed to remake it right now...[DOUBLEPOST=1370610097][/DOUBLEPOST]There are probably a fair number of people who saw it, and even more who did but don't remember -_-
I think it was the no topic thread. Good luck anyone who wants to find it...

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
It uses creative style flight although it's a bit slower. Greater speed can be achievedvia haste enchants and iI saw a slight increase in speed with an un-enchanted harness while wearing boots of the traveller's. The potentia seemed to last for a good bit. In all its a cool addition, although I'll be using it more for building and mining in the nether. I'll still use mps for fast travel

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
One problem: it drains vis

aka hundreds of expensive crystal clusters. Unless they added a new way to regen vis (afaik they didn't). And by the time I get the crystal clusters, already got a gravichestplate which is +50% better.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Does it drain vis?
In addition to the consumed potentia?

If it can be set to only the potentia...
Cocoa farm here I come.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Everything I've read just lists potentia. I will test the others later, but I doubt it
If that is the case...
Son__I_am_Disappoint_by_SonIAmDisappointPLZ.jpg

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I have kind of mixed feelings about it. it looks really cool and all, but it again gives me a feeling if you really want to enjoy thaumcraft, you need to play it as a standalone mod, and not with other mods installed.
but I really do hope the magic carpet will make a comeback, I really loved my carpet, in TC2, especially with a zephyr :p

Why does it feel this way? This means people heavily invested in thaumcraft get flight without having to do IC2 or MPS. That's great! And I know DoctorOr is a big fan of IC2 flight, but I think it is a terrible set of controls.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Well, I think that if people want TC flight, it could be a more mid-game solution than getting a gravity suit, as it would be slower and it will be much easier to get.

What I want to know is the recipe for it, and if there is any other preliminary research to go with it.

Reactions: Chocorate

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
Wow thanks, somebody finally doing the new TC3 stuff :D

What do the new leggings do?

Well, I think that if people want TC flight, it could be a more mid-game solution than getting a gravity suit, as it would be slower and it will be much easier to get.

What I want to know is the recipe for it, and if there is any other preliminary research to go with it.

It's always good to have multiple choices. :D

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I don't post full research spoilers for Thaumcraft, someone else may oblige you. I will recommend that you get a LOT of feathers. Also you should buff up your flux prevention methods when crafting. Having lots of stored essentia will save your environment. This thing is a hazard to craft. In retrospect, I'll spend the time storing essentia in jars before I craft an advanced TC or Thaumic Tinkerer item.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
I don't post full research spoilers for Thaumcraft, someone else may oblige you. I will recommend that you get a LOT of feathers. Also you should buff up your flux prevention methods when crafting. Having lots of stored essentia will save your environment. This thing is a hazard to craft. In retrospect, I'll spend the time storing essentia in jars before I craft an advanced TC or Thaumic Tinkerer item.
No, I mean what is the recipe in the infusion altar, and what research must be done before it.