How to make these forums not so white?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobott

Jul 29, 2019
I have no idea what section this would go in. but I would like to know if there's a way to make these forums not have white as a main color. It hurts my eyes.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
hover your mouse over your name in the top right, click preferences, change the style to FTB black or whatever, click save.

Hawcian

Jul 29, 2019
The option appears to have been removed. I had it set to the nice dark version and now it's back to the "murder your eyes" white, with no way to change it.

(cue "this is an outrage" pic)

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
The option appears to have been removed. I had it set to the nice dark version and now it's back to the "murder your eyes" white, with no way to change it.

(cue "this is an outrage" pic)

Same here, had it on dark and now its back to "normal."
Except now all avis are spinning when your mouse is over them for some weird reason...

Hawcian

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, after a quick glance at the Announcements section. it looks like Rob, one of the web developers, was cleaning up and fixing the forums a bit. I posted a question about the dark theme in that topic, so hopefully he can clear it up.

Reactions: Yuka

Hawcian

Jul 29, 2019
Rob responded, the dev version of the dark theme is up. It's not necessarily finished and things can break, however, since he's still messing with it.

Rob

Jul 29, 2019
Hopefully some peoples eyes will recover, I'm calling it quits for tonight/this morning (4:30am). Have a play around with it and see what you think (Leaving feed back would be nice). I haven't touched the profile/settings area so expect that to be very broken along with a few other places.

Reactions: Guswut and Yuka

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
Hopefully some peoples eyes will recover, I'm calling it quits for tonight/this morning (4:30am). Have a play around with it and see what you think (Leaving feed back would be nice). I haven't touched the profile/settings area so expect that to be very broken along with a few other places.

fLgkO7Z.png

Ok, since some areas seem to still be broken as you said, I'll just skip those for now.
Anywho, so far, these are the things I figure I'd give some feedback on first.

For starters, I REALLY like this area now.
Somehow looks neater, but especially like the fact that this bar no longer drops sub-menus if you hover over it, it was pretty annoying accidentally overshooting the lower barthen going down to click what I was aiming for, only to have a sub menu drop down and make me click a completely different thing.

So yeah, thumbs up. :D

Now, these areas I see as the biggest problem, as they're really hard to read without having to highlight the thing.
The problem with the spoiler is something that's been there since before the update, but never really got around to posting about it.

Yeah, bright letters on bright backgrounds, don't match too well. :p

These buttons seem kinda blurry for some reason.
Tho not entirely sure if its me being half-blind, or the forum itself, but to me, they look rather blurry.
Again, could be just me tho, if it is, ignore this then.

Finally, the backgroundwhich seems to have a "grainy" texture I think its called, not sure.
(Looks like its made up of various dots of different shades.)

Altho part of me likes the texture, another part would really prefer to see a plain background there, and maybe the grainy texture on the outside where there's no text.

But yeah those are just my two cents, hopefully it helps. :)
Great job overall tho, looking great so far, can't wait for it to be fully finished.

Reactions: OmegaPython

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
fLgkO7Z.png

Ok, since some areas seem to still be broken as you said, I'll just skip those for now.
Anywho, so far, these are the things I figure I'd give some feedback on first.

Now, these areas I see as the biggest problem, as they're really hard to read without having to highlight the thing.
The problem with the spoiler is something that's been there since before the update, but never really got around to posting about it.

Yeah, bright letters on bright backgrounds, don't match too well.:p

Hey, don't really want to be that person, but its been about a month now, and seems things are about the same, altho yes, these two are a lot better, I will say that, thanks for that.

But seems these are still the same, plus the "broken" profile stuff seems to also be the same, which is pretty annoying, since that and the other stuff pointed in the previous image make it really difficult to read a lot of stuff, specially for someone with already poor eyesight. T_T

I would really appreciate it if there was at least some word on when someone may get around fixing these if possible, or if its just not possible for whatever reason.

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
...hello?
Its two months and everything is still basically the same, IS this ever going to be fixed/ finished?
Sorry if I'm being rude here, but if nothing's going to be done, at least have the decency to say so instead of leaving people thinking/ hoping otherwise, at least that way I can finally give up on the idea that its ever getting fixed.

Seriously, i understand there may be a reason why I hasn't been fixed, that's why I'm not really mad about it, but that there's no word on whether it will/can be done or not, that's what annoys me.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, that is a little bit rude, but not really. I imagine the main reason it's not really getting worked on is that people just aren't reporting bugs with it. If every time you find a bug with that skin you make a new thread in here or something, it'd probably get fixed pretty quickly. I know captainnana reads these threads, so he'd probably see it.

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
...hello?
Its two months and everything is still basically the same, IS this ever going to be fixed/ finished?
Sorry if I'm being rude here, but if nothing's going to be done, at least have the decency to say so instead of leaving people thinking/ hoping otherwise, at least that way I can finally give up on the idea that its ever getting fixed.

Seriously, i understand there may be a reason why I hasn't been fixed, that's why I'm not really mad about it, but that there's no word on whether it will/can be done or not, that's what annoys me.

Yeah, that is a little bit rude, but not really. I imagine the main reason it's not really getting worked on is that people just aren't reporting bugs with it. If every time you find a bug with that skin you make a new thread in here or something, it'd probably get fixed pretty quickly. I know captainnana reads these threads, so he'd probably see it.

Not rude at all, none of our team use the dark theme so we kinda forget about it a lot of the time. We have been working on the new site/launcher/API etc for the past weeks so not much has been done on the forums at all. I will try and make time to fix those bugs when I can.

Jinbobo

Jul 29, 2019
Not rude at all, none of our team use the dark theme so we kinda forget about it a lot of the time. We have been working on the new site/launcher/API etc for the past weeks so not much has been done on the forums at all. I will try and make time to fix those bugs when I can.

What is the API you mentioned in your post for? If it can somehow authenticate users from the forum, I could probably write an extension for the wiki that does that.

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
What is the API you mentioned in your post for? If it can somehow authenticate users from the forum, I could probably write an extension for the wiki that does that.

The API allows for listing of all the information about mods similar to what the modpack.xml currently does but in a lot more detail which makes it a lot easier to use

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
May I ask what data will the API provide that the current modpack.xml does not?

Donate links, per mod versions, per mod config setting. Essentially anything that we could ever want to include, it will also allow posts of data to it, cant really go into that much atm because its not done but essentially it'll make "private packs" really easy. All the data is now stored in a database so we can change it globally really easily and its all just generally more clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.