[1.5.2] NumiRP

Numerios

Jul 29, 2019
If no redpower, what can nikolite be used to do?

Currently no ore drops have any use besides storage blocks but you have to keep in mind that this is the very first version and usage for these items is coming soon.

EDIT: + all items and blocks are in OreDictionary so they work with mods like IC2, GregTech and similar in their recipes.

Machu1299

Jul 29, 2019
Looks great. And when you said you will expand the work of Eloraam with your own ideas, does that mean more stuff like what was in RP2 (like Red Alloy Wire), then also add your own mechanics and such? Sounds cool!
BTW, nice marble texture. Thats the one thing I hated about RP2's marble. To me, it was ugly.

Sacred5010

Jul 29, 2019
I love the textures! But..
With the swords and pickaxes, it's very bright.

Could I recommend darkening the Tools.

DaemosDaen

Jul 29, 2019
I like this and hope that the FTB team uses it to keep 1.4.7 worlds from throwing up when upgraded to 1.5.2 or 1.6.? that way people who have significant time invested (I have damn aura bees.....) in their worlds don't have to start from scratch.

Edit: I like the brighter tools, that makes them different than RP2's.

Do the sickles work?

Neonbeta

Jul 29, 2019
What I'm interested in knowing, is how far you intend to go with this. Do you think you'll go as far as frames?, or just do some of the lesser machines and leave it at that?

Numerios

Jul 29, 2019
Looks great. And when you said you will expand the work of Eloraam with your own ideas, does that mean more stuff like what was in RP2 (like Red Alloy Wire), then also add your own mechanics and such? Sounds cool!
BTW, nice marble texture. Thats the one thing I hated about RP2's marble. To me, it was ugly.

Yes, I'm going to be adding more things that RP2 has. :)

I love the textures! But..
With the swords and pickaxes, it's very bright.

Could I recommend darkening the Tools.
I actually think that the brighter texture for tools is better because it's made of shiny gems, not some random dark picked up stones.

I like this and hope that the FTB team uses it to keep 1.4.7 worlds from throwing up when upgraded to 1.5.2 or 1.6.? that way people who have significant time invested (I have damn aura bees.....) in their worlds don't have to start from scratch.

Edit: I like the brighter tools, that makes them different than RP2's.

Do the sickles work?
Yes, the sickles actually work!

What I'm interested in knowing, is how far you intend to go with this. Do you think you'll go as far as frames?, or just do some of the lesser machines and leave it at that?

I'd love to add these - they're on the end of my to do list as they're the hardest feature to implement.

Neonbeta

Jul 29, 2019
So do you think you'll try and implement everything from all the RP2 modules? (minus the forth computers and such)

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
GregTech's just a bit of code, but I submit it's inspired a number of 'feelings.' So has RP2, for that matter. I get what you're trying to do, and why, but I gotta say it feels dangerously close to plagiarism.

Reactions: RedBoss

Numerios

Jul 29, 2019
GregTech's just a bit of code, but I submit it's inspired a number of 'feelings.' So has RP2, for that matter. I get what you're trying to do, and why, but I gotta say it feels dangerously close to plagiarism.

I am aware of that it may seem like plagiarism yet I don't take credit for Eloraam's ideas.
I have my own changes and flavour that will be switchable in the configs. (changes in recipes, machine behaviour, even whole new concepts)

DaemosDaen

Jul 29, 2019
I am aware of that it may seem like plagiarism yet I don't take credit for Eloraam's ideas.
I have my own changes and flavour that will be switchable in the configs. (changes in recipes, machine behaviour, even whole new concepts)

I personally would suggest staying away from SOME of her idea all together. Mainly because some of them are not needed anymore, others; because I can't see a sane way of implementing them. Examples:

Tubes; When introduced they were an alternate to Buildcraft pipes, now there are so many other options they are not as needed anymore, some soooo much better than tubes (and pipes even).

some Machines; most of them are irrelevant w/o tubes.

Rubber Trees; RP rubber trees were designed by someone who had never seen one before in their life...

Frames: I know people love them, but to quote King Lemming about them (link here ): Frames are a hack.

This is all my opinion. take of it what you will.

BlackSol

Jul 29, 2019
I personally would suggest staying away from SOME of her idea all together. Mainly because some of them are not needed anymore, others; because I can't see a sane way of implementing them. Examples:

Tubes; When introduced they were an alternate to Buildcraft pipes, now there are so many other options they are not as needed anymore, some soooo much better than tubes (and pipes even).

Rubber Trees; RP rubber trees were designed by someone who had never seen one before in their life...

Frames: I know people love them, but to quote King Lemming about them (link here ): Frames are a hack.

Those are all solid suggestions.

The only thing I am missing is red alloy wire. I understand MFR has some sort of wiring, but I just started a 1.5 world and haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

Numerios

Jul 29, 2019

Tubes will need a massive overhaul in their concept that will not be switchable (I think they're overly robust for what they're doing and for what everybody uses them)
There will be by default less machines because some of them are really unnecessary and sometimes even overly complicated.
Rubber trees - definitely no for these. They're like ugly hairy hippie natural statues.

Frames - I'll have to think about them a bit.
Thanks for your input! :)

Those are all solid suggestions.

The only thing I am missing is red alloy wire. I understand MFR has some sort of wiring, but I just started a 1.5 world and haven't had a chance to look at it yet.
Red alloy wire replacements of some sorts are in the to-do list.

Reactions: BlackSol