Only Low Level Enchantments?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

abag777

Jul 29, 2019
I apologize ahead of time if this seems like a stupid question, but it seems that whenever I have experience, even into higher levels like 30 or 40, I am only offered level 8 (max) enchantments when I go to an enchantment table. Is there any reason I can't get any higher level enchantments? If it helps, I'm using the Direwolf20 pack.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
I apologize ahead of time if this seems like a stupid question, but it seems that whenever I have experience, even into higher levels like 30 or 40, I am only offered level 8 (max) enchantments when I go to an enchantment table. Is there any reason I can't get any higher level enchantments? If it helps, I'm using the Direwolf20 pack.
add more book cases

Reactions: Whovian

Enigmius1

Jul 29, 2019
As above, you need to place bookcases near your enchanting table. I believe I have 27 bookcases around mine and I get offered level 30 enchants, but don't take me at my word on that. I might have more. When in doubt, wiki.

Oatmonster

Jul 29, 2019
I believe you need 15 bookshelves to reach the maximum enchanting level of 30; any more than that doesn't affect the enchantments. Bookshelves should be arranged in a "ring" around the enchanting table, with one block between the bookshelves and the table. I think only bookshelves on the level of the table or the level directly above it will affect the table.

Beleriond01

Jul 29, 2019
I believe you need 15 bookshelves to reach the maximum enchanting level of 30; any more than that doesn't affect the enchantments. Bookshelves should be arranged in a "ring" around the enchanting table, with one block between the bookshelves and the table. I think only bookshelves on the level of the table or the level directly above it will affect the table.

I believe you're correct in this indeed though I would like to make one addition: placing a block in between a bookshelf and the enchanting table will cause that bookshelf to be discounted. This could be important should you wish to use less than the maximum number of levels you have. FYI, placing a torch of any kind on a bookshelf has the same effect.

Cheers,
Bel*.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Vanilla Minecraft, the most difficult mod of them all!

(I often think this if I watch streams or videos of people playing with mods. Like Hat Films. Goodness are they bad. Two years in the vanilla Minecraft video scene and they still must discuss among each other what the recipe for a bucket is (while having NEI installed). I didn't manage to bear more than one episode.)

abag777

Jul 29, 2019
Damn, I feel like a dipshit for not knowing this already. Still, any derp aside, thanks for the assist.

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
Direwolf is a derp for vanilla stuff too. "Why is this pig not following me? Does it not like wheat anymore?" No Dire, not for almost 8 months now.
Direwolf makes me laugh some times while I'm yelling at the screen trying to tell him what he is doing wrong lol.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
I also sometimes forget vanilla stuff, like "oh there are trapped chests now, i can do a chest wall with signs... oh wait, i can use item frames..." and so on.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Direwolf is a derp for vanilla stuff too. "Why is this pig not following me? Does it not like wheat anymore?" No Dire, not for almost 8 months now.

direwolf is such a derp at vanilla, he would almost think vanilla is a mod like terrafirmacraft