Deleting Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
It's really up to the mods and web devs. If they notice, or are told that old threads are actually clogging up and slowing down the site, they could be removed. Otherwise, it's probably good to keep them, they might have useful stuff in them.

Do you mean that, or did you want the ability to delete your own threads, assuming you aren't already allowed to do that?

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
It's really up to the mods and web devs. If they notice, or are told that old threads are actually clogging up and slowing down the site, they could be removed. Otherwise, it's probably good to keep them, they might have useful stuff in them.

Do you mean that, or did you want the ability to delete your own threads, assuming you aren't already allowed to do that?
I meant "that"

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
The unused threads just sit on the last pages without ever being seen. They can often have useful information in them as well. There's really no reason to unless the threads actually start slowing the server down.

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
Unclogging the site
Not 100% sure what you mean by that if you mean so we dont get as much load so the site will go faster then it doesnt really have any effect, old content is only called rarely and new content is stored in the cache so we dont really have any usage issues right now:
http://i.imgur.com/KrPQxdG.png

If you mean so that there are less threads in the forums then the only thing I would conciser is a archive system where threads get locked after 1 month of inactivity but the content would always remain so that people can find solutions to problems that were fixed in them etc.

Reactions: ILoveGregTech
Status
Not open for further replies.