Advanced Solar Recipe

Gun_Shy

Jul 29, 2019
So, I've been playing on a friend's server, and he hasn't exactly made it easy for anyone to match up our config files to his server's. When I first went to build an advanced solar panel, I got to the point where I needed to make Irradiant Glass, which was fine because I had all the materials. I made some reinforced glass, and some refined uranium, but when I tried to make Irradiant Glass, it would show up in the crafting output space, but when I tried to remove it, it would just snap back into the table. I informed the owner of the server of this issue, and the next time I got on, I checked the recipe for Advanced Solar Panels, and it only involves Reinforced Glass where Irradiant Glass should be. I tried it, and that recipe worked, and has worked ever since. No uranium needed. Which is great. I have a huge solar array set up now.

My problem is...actually not my problem. The problem arose when I tried to share my config with a friend to make his life on the server easier. It worked, and some of his recipes are fixed now, but his Advanced Solars recipe still involves Irradiant Glass. I don't understand how that's possible...

Any ideas?

Mageleon

Jul 29, 2019
So, I've been playing on a friend's server, and he hasn't exactly made it easy for anyone to match up our config files to his server's. When I first went to build an advanced solar panel, I got to the point where I needed to make Irradiant Glass, which was fine because I had all the materials. I made some reinforced glass, and some refined uranium, but when I tried to make Irradiant Glass, it would show up in the crafting output space, but when I tried to remove it, it would just snap back into the table. I informed the owner of the server of this issue, and the next time I got on, I checked the recipe for Advanced Solar Panels, and it only involves Reinforced Glass where Irradiant Glass should be. I tried it, and that recipe worked, and has worked ever since. No uranium needed. Which is great. I have a huge solar array set up now.

My problem is...actually not my problem. The problem arose when I tried to share my config with a friend to make his life on the server easier. It worked, and some of his recipes are fixed now, but his Advanced Solars recipe still involves Irradiant Glass. I don't understand how that's possible...

Any ideas?

Has the owner of the server changed the recipe or something?

Gun_Shy

Jul 29, 2019
To be honest...I don't know if he has the know-how to change the native recipe...I'm pretty sure he doesn't...
And even if he did, it still doesn't make any sense, because my friend and I now have the EXACT same config, and that recipe is still different.

In fact, I'm pretty sure you still can't even craft Irradiant Panes on his server. The NEI won't even show you a recipe. Weirdest thing.

tra95

Jul 29, 2019
What NEI shows you is entirely dependent on YOUR config AFAIK, the server's config does not affect what NEI tells you. When you say both your friend and you have the same config, do you mean the entire config folder or only the NEI config? The advanced solar recipe is changed in the advanced solar config, so he'ld have to update that config as well. Failing which, how about to get the owner to zip up the entire config folder and send it out?

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
I'm surprised you haven't been shot yet for mentioning Solar Panels; I guess that's died down yet.

Gun_Shy

Jul 29, 2019
What NEI shows you is entirely dependent on YOUR config AFAIK, the server's config does not affect what NEI tells you. When you say both your friend and you have the same config, do you mean the entire config folder or only the NEI config? The advanced solar recipe is changed in the advanced solar config, so he'ld have to update that config as well. Failing which, how about to get the owner to zip up the entire config folder and send it out?

Hahaha...yeah, I've been trying to get around to that last part. Just convinced the owner to get google drive so we can share things back and forth more easily. It'll help a lot if he decides to change something, too.

But to answer your question, I know that the server's config file has nothing to do with what I see client-side. Which is why it makes no sense to me that my friend doesn't see the same recipe I do. We have the same exact config. The entire folder...if he did the transplant right on his end...I've been wondering about that...He's pretty bad at taking directions lol.

I'm surprised you haven't been shot yet for mentioning Solar Panels; I guess that's died down yet.

Are people really uptight about solar panels?

Gun_Shy

Jul 29, 2019
They used to be, I almost lost my baby to Panel Gang Violence.
That's stupid. I mean, solar panels do make it pretty easy once you get into the advanced tiers, I've noticed...but I worked my ass off to get the array that I have. Now I want for nothing. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. People just look for any chance to be elite, and I guess being elite means being too good for free energy. Even if solar panels are a cop-out...Minecraft eats into my real life enough. Struggling to fuel generators all the time is only going to eat into it more. I'll have my machines powered without a battle, thanks. I'm an adult.