Oil Waterfall? Is this Normal?

Frorenzo

Jul 29, 2019
Started up a creative world, (SSP FTB Ultimate) so I could experiment with some Thaumcraft 3 stuff I wanted to try out. I start flying to get out of the snowy biome I spawned in and I arrived at this massive waterfall of oil spilling off of a mountain. This was not spawned in, I just want to know if this is normal. Have any of you guys seen this in your worlds?
2013-04-27_12.16.34.png

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Get the seed
Play legit
Power4ever
if you're lucky (and you could be) the same spout would form if the world was re-used or others used this seed. But iirc oil spawn is generally random even in the same seed. Just FYI in case you get this seed and don't get the oil.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
if you're lucky (and you could be) the same spout would form if the world was re-used or others used this seed. But iirc oil spawn is generally random even in the same seed. Just FYI in case you get this seed and don't get the oil.
I can attest to this.

MaryuZ

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this belongs in this section of the forum.
But i can confirm that oil wells that big spawn.
I found one
in a legit world
on a server
mindcrack hardcore server
no automated mining or chunkloaders allowed
16.6 M EU for a piece of uu

The oil pocket at the bottom goes down to y lvl 6 and it's about 40 blocks in diameter.
My face when i swam down and realised how big it was:
images

Tapped it and got 5400 buckets of oil out of it.....my diesels are still chugging along on it and it's 2 weeks later .

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this belongs in this section of the forum.
But i can confirm that oil wells that big spawn.
I found one
in a legit world
on a server
mindcrack hardcore server
no automated mining or chunkloaders allowed
16.6 M EU for a piece of uu

The oil pocket at the bottom goes down to y lvl 6 and it's about 40 blocks in diameter.
My face when i swam down and realised how big it was:
images

Tapped it and got 5400 buckets of oil out of it.....my diesels are still chugging along on it and it's 2 weeks later .

Your life is..
happy.

Also, no automatic mining? Holy moly.