tinkers construct steel

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

elkillo

Jul 29, 2019
can you make steel with TC? or do you just use steel from railcraft. i see a different steel block in NEI from the railcraft one so i was wondering but i can't seem to find out how.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Not used it myself in that depth, but I'd guess that it's a smelter recipe, as TC adds a method for alloying anyway.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
1.5.1 has support for steel, but no way to make it. Presumably waiting on more machines? In the meantime, other ore dictionary steel ingots work. I made some with UE and railcraft in my test worlds and they worked.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
1.5.1 has support for steel, but no way to make it. Presumably waiting on more machines? In the meantime, other ore dictionary steel ingots work. I made some with UE and railcraft in my test worlds and they worked.
This is the same reason bronze works in 1.4.7

mDayo has all his recipes such that they recognize all forge dictionary ingots as valid.

(As an aside for anyone looking for a good solid fuel source lava crystals are AMAZING)

elkillo

Jul 29, 2019
cool cant wait for the inclusion of steel production when he makes it. also im on 1.5.1

Meatloaf4311

Jul 29, 2019
TC doesn't add its own steel recipe.
TC does add its own steel it is just a matter of enabling it.
Default: Turned off by Railcraft
Its a cheap recipie, 4 coal and 1 iron for 1 steel dust[DOUBLEPOST=1374466394][/DOUBLEPOST]
cool cant wait for the inclusion of steel production when he makes it. also im on 1.5.1
TC already has it

see my previous post

Symmetryc

Jul 29, 2019
There is another recipe added by Tinker even without configs. You can take a fully repaired piece of chainmail armor and put it in the smeltery.

Reactions: Riuga

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
TC does add its own steel it is just a matter of enabling it.
Default: Turned off by Railcraft
Its a cheap recipie, 4 coal and 1 iron for 1 steel dust[DOUBLEPOST=1374466394][/DOUBLEPOST]
TC already has it

see my previous post

I think you may be thinking of TrainCraft, not Tinker's Construct.

I may be wrong though.

INCSlayer

Nov 17, 2012
im confused i thought TC was traincraft and TiC was Tinkerer's Construct but is TC also Tinkerer's Construct? we need a ruleset for these things people

The_Enemys

Jul 29, 2019
TiC might add a steel block in case a mod adds steel ingots but not steel blocks so that the basin works properly.

EDIT @sks0315: It flew straight over my head that chainmail to steel would require TiC to provide ingots/blocks :p

Jerx99

Jul 29, 2019
Ah yes... When I read "TC" I can never decide if people are talking about ThaumCraft, TrainCraft or Tinkerer's Construct.