creeperhost questions

Eranthe

Jul 29, 2019
I use the Creeperhost Spider package for my FTB ultimate server. We have a small user base (~5 people online at once) and no restrictions on behavior other than "Don't intentionally break the server," meaning that there are several chunk loaders in play, plus mystcraft.

I use the regular install of ultimate FTB with no other mods, so there are no anti-griefer tools or anything of the sort. It's a whitelisted server for friends.

I've been pretty happy with the performance of the server, though it can be prone to random lag at times. Just the other night, the data center that my machine is in (Chicago) seemed to be having a lot of problems and everyone got kicked off for quite a while. The control panel is okay, but it's agonizingly slow to do anything significant, and it doesn't let you edit config files properly, so I have to log in via SSH to edit them in vi (Which I am comfortable doing, so no biggie for me).

I do plan to stay with Creeperhost for now, as generally speaking, I'm happy with the server. If I was running a bigger server or one that required more significant administration, I may look elsewhere.

Reactions: Jamierb03

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
I use the Creeperhost Spider package for my FTB ultimate server. We have a small user base (~5 people online at once) and no restrictions on behavior other than "Don't intentionally break the server," meaning that there are several chunk loaders in play, plus mystcraft.

I use the regular install of ultimate FTB with no other mods, so there are no anti-griefer tools or anything of the sort. It's a whitelisted server for friends.

I've been pretty happy with the performance of the server, though it can be prone to random lag at times. Just the other night, the data center that my machine is in (Chicago) seemed to be having a lot of problems and everyone got kicked off for quite a while. The control panel is okay, but it's agonizingly slow to do anything significant, and it doesn't let you edit config files properly, so I have to log in via SSH to edit them in vi (Which I am comfortable doing, so no biggie for me).

I do plan to stay with Creeperhost for now, as generally speaking, I'm happy with the server. If I was running a bigger server or one that required more significant administration, I may look elsewhere.
That's changing :) we have free upgrades/moving from that Chicago data centre due to the prominent DDOS attacks that we have been encountering, I apologise for this.
Also, we updated the control panel as well, we've got that fully synced up and working again in the US.
As for bigger machines, we just released 15 dedicated boxes in the UK at staggeringly good prices and free installation of TickThreading to use all 8 cores! :D

Generally speaking, glad to hear that you find the server "okay" but I would like it to be better than "okay" so hopefully our updates will change your mind on that :)

Eranthe

Jul 29, 2019
My users are happy. :) The biggest thing has been the random spikes of lag and how the control panel isn't really useful beyond rebooting the server. I do question whether it's the best deal in town, but I definitely feel like the ease of getting a functioning server up and running has been good.

So to clarify, would I recommend the service? For a small user base, absolutely. I also do quite like how Luke is very active here. It's very reassuring to know that someone's paying attention, and for a small price premium, that's worth it for sure.

Would very much like to have a quicker control panel and less random lag.

Gremwatch

Jul 29, 2019
I just purchased a zombie server from creeperhost. I'm just curious about how long people find it takes to get a server set up on the weekend. I'm hoping to be able to use it this weekend and get some play time in.

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
I just purchased a zombie server from creeperhost. I'm just curious about how long people find it takes to get a server set up on the weekend. I'm hoping to be able to use it this weekend and get some play time in.
Set up is usually within 15 minutes of the payment being received, if there are any further issues, do not hesitate to contact our support lines :)

Last edited:

noppy_dev

Jul 29, 2019
So.... Does that mean I have to wait till monday if I bought my server with paypal on friday afternoon? Just wondering.....

I know this question was literally JUST answered but I was wondering if there is any difference if I bought it with paypal

joshlatimer731

Jul 29, 2019
hello, i got the enderman package... i know big huh. but i am not happy with one thing. I GOT MY SERVER 3+ DAYS AGO and yet it still says "pending" AND I AM MAD! plus when are you guys open and not open?

noppy_dev

Jul 29, 2019
hello, i got the enderman package... i know big huh. but i am not happy with one thing. I GOT MY SERVER 3+ DAYS AGO and yet it still says "pending" AND I AM MAD! plus when are you guys open and not open?
Well..... the enderman package has got to be big and takes up a lot of resources, therefore it probably takes them longer to set it up than a normal server. I bought a mini slime and spider on friday afternoon. My mini slime was set up in about an hour, while my spider still says pending. I'm guessing it will not be up until monday afternoon or later.
One thing I think is unfair is that you end up paying for the time that it takes for your server to be set up. I think that for every day they should give you a reward point or something.... That's over about two dollars a day.... I know its not much but for some people it could be. If you don't have your server for a week then that adds up to about 14 bucks... man

Chapps

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I've been looking at the creeperhost options and was just wondering which option would be good for a FTB ultimate server with 5-10 players. I was originally thinking Zombie but every other forum i go people are using the spider option.

Thanks

noppy_dev

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I've been looking at the creeperhost options and was just wondering which option would be good for a FTB ultimate server with 5-10 players. I was originally thinking Zombie but every other forum i go people are using the spider option.

Thanks

My server was literally just set up less than a week ago. I chose the spider option. I plan on having about 15 people playing on the server, with a peak of about 8 at the same time. I have yet to test how well it does, but according to creeperhost, it all depends on the size of the world. I chose the spider option so people could have their own areas far away from each other to do their own thing, while also allowing them to interact with each other.

Hope that helps :)
noppy_dev

CoderJ

Jul 29, 2019
Quick word and a quick disclaimer: We are no longer with CreeperHost, however, it is not because of any service issues or support problems. Contrary, we had a great customer service experience with CH.

Overall, CH is a great option for beginning an FTB server. While we were with CH we had about 40 unique players, with about 5 online at any given time and 12 - 14 during our 3 hour "prime time". We had the standard worlds (overworld, nether, the end, twilight forest) as well as two active ages.

giesergast

Jul 29, 2019
sorry but in the begining someone sed you can let creeperhosting set up teh server for you i dont get what this exactly means and what you have to do after that is done

ps: im a real dummy keep it simple

wallofchaos

Jul 29, 2019
Dont trust Creeperhost. They will steal your money and give you terrible servers. Our minecraft server was the laggiest server I had ever seen from any host even hosts that are HALF the cost. I cancelled my service and a month later they billed my bank account for 42$ and never gave me service for that 42$. Just up and ran away with it and told me too bad. Do yourselves a HUGE favor and use Nodecraft. hands down the BEST server out of 6 companies I have tried.

E

EpicDrakeGolden

There customer service sucks on email. Lost me as a potiensal customer really looking forward might purchaseing from them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160615-224537.png
    Screenshot_20160615-224537.png
    232.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20160615-224537.png
    Screenshot_20160615-224537.png
    232.5 KB · Views: 48