Best Nitor recipe?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
What's the most efficient way to create Nitor? I'm currently using 2 Blaze Powder, 2 Glowstone, and 2 Redstone. That just gives off a little bit of praecantio, visum, and machina.

Nikolite has the same aspects as Redstone and so can be used equally well.

*Edit* Oh, torches are better than Glowstone as they only have lux. So, 2 Blaze Powder, 6 toches, 2 Redstone is my best so far.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
since I'm a born minecraft cheater, I just installed the thaumcraft addon ''essentia'' that lets you change the aspects of every mod item, so... yeah.

doesn't netherrack only have ignis or I'm confused?

Exasperation

Jul 29, 2019
If you're using the ultimate pack, things look a little different. First, torches have 1 herba, 2 lux. So that makes it 3 torches instead of 6, and leaks 3 herba.
Second, you can get potentia off of cocoa beans (2 cocoa beans instead of 2 redstone/nikolite will replace the 4 excess machina with 2 excess herba, and it's more easily renewable than redstone or nikolite).
Third, refractory wax has 3 ignis, so you can do 4 refractory wax, 9 torches, 6 cocoa beans (to make 3x nitor), and only leak 15 herba (5 per nitor).

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
If you're using the ultimate pack, things look a little different. First, torches have 1 herba, 2 lux. So that makes it 3 torches instead of 6, and leaks 3 herba.
Second, you can get potentia off of cocoa beans (2 cocoa beans instead of 2 redstone/nikolite will replace the 4 excess machina with 2 excess herba, and it's more easily renewable than redstone or nikolite).
Third, refractory wax has 3 ignis, so you can do 4 refractory wax, 9 torches, 6 cocoa beans (to make 3x nitor), and only leak 15 herba (5 per nitor).

how come on the ultimate pack aspects are different?

Exasperation

Jul 29, 2019
how come on the ultimate pack aspects are different?
I think it's at least partly due to Thaumic Bees (I'm guessing the original poster is using Mindcrack?). I know Thaumic Bees adds aspects to a lot of bee-related items and bee products - I'm pretty sure that's how the refractory wax gets the ignis. I don't know about the cocoa or the torches; they could be as a result of Thaumic Bees (there are bees that produce cocoa, and there is a beeswax -> torch recipe, so it's at least plausible), or the ultimate pack could use a slightly different version of some other mod that affects aspects, or some other mod included in ultimate could make its own aspect changes.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
I think it's at least partly due to Thaumic Bees (I'm guessing the original poster is using Mindcrack?). I know Thaumic Bees adds aspects to a lot of bee-related items and bee products - I'm pretty sure that's how the refractory wax gets the ignis. I don't know about the cocoa or the torches; they could be as a result of Thaumic Bees (there are bees that produce cocoa, and there is a beeswax -> torch recipe, so it's at least plausible), or the ultimate pack could use a slightly different version of some other mod that affects aspects, or some other mod included in ultimate could make its own aspect changes.

mindcrack and DW20 also have thaumic bees, and ultimate doesn't have any mod that adds different aspects.

Exasperation

Jul 29, 2019
Well, in that case, I don't know what's causing the difference. Maybe different versions of the included mods? Also, it's possible that they have access to the cocoa + refractory wax aspects, and just didn't know about it - which just leaves the torch difference.

SnailsAttack

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this is outdated, but I just use 6 Coal and 12 Torches, then I throw in 4 glowstone dust and out pop 4 niter, with no extra essentia leftover! Dirt cheap, and no flux! Sorry if I accidentally bumped this.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this is outdated, but I just use 6 Coal and 12 Torches, then I throw in 4 glowstone dust and out pop 4 niter, with no extra essentia leftover! Dirt cheap, and no flux! Sorry if I accidentally bumped this.

This thread is 2 years old....

And it's nitOr you're talking about not nitEr.

Nitor you use torches and coal.
Niter you pulverize sandstone.