Problem Crafting more than 64 item with ME system

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

pancakeguyyy

Apr 22, 2021
I need some help. Im new to AE2 but ive got a good grasp on it so far. However, when I try to craft lets say 100 pulverised coal, it only does 64. The system sends a stack to the pulverizer and since no more can fit it just doesnt send anymore? then the crafting process gets stuck and I'm just not sure how to fix that issue. Would really appreciate some help!

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
If you've done it right the remaining 36 should be sat in the ME interface waiting for space in the machine to be freed up. What you need to do is add an ME Import Bus to another side of the machine, that way the processed output gets pulled back into your ME network.

An ME interface is basically an output bus with an inventory of its own and some extra controls, it can't pull stuff into the network by itself.

Hope that made sense :)

pancakeguyyy

Apr 22, 2021
If you've done it right the remaining 36 should be sat in the ME interface waiting for space in the machine to be freed up. What you need to do is add an ME Import Bus to another side of the machine, that way the processed output gets pulled back into your ME network.

An ME interface is basically an output bus with an inventory of its own and some extra controls, it can't pull stuff into the network by itself.

Hope that made sense :)

I have a item duct feeding the finished product back into the interface. The remaining 36 that should be sitting in the interface, are not there though

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I have a item duct feeding the finished product back into the interface. The remaining 36 that should be sitting in the interface, are not there though

OK.

I just smashed something like that together in my test world.
2021-05-04_19.16.43.png

And it works fine.
Sooo, if your output is just sat there not extracting, all I can think is maybe you haven't configured the side on the pulverizer to output?

pancakeguyyy

Apr 22, 2021
OK.

I just smashed something like that together in my test world.
View attachment 38989
And it works fine.
Sooo, if your output is just sat there not extracting, all I can think is maybe you haven't configured the side on the pulverizer to output?
That is basically the setup I have. It is extracting that's not the issue. There is no buffer input in the interface. It puts 64, lets say coal, in the pulverizer but the other 36 isn't waiting to be put in. Everything works just fine if I do a stack of less

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Could you give some more details on your setup, including settings on the pulverizer/interface and your auto-crafting cpu thing?

I've tried to replicate the issue but so far no luck

pancakeguyyy

Apr 22, 2021
2021-05-05_12.21.35.png
2021-05-05_12.22.09.png
f
2021-05-05_12.23.03.png

Okay so thats my multicrafting, the pulverizer/interface set up, and the last pic is the crafting status getting stuck because it only sent a stack or so items to the pulverizer.
Btw, I really appreciate you trying to help