Problem Server Download for MacOS Broken?

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Buddha9099

Sep 12, 2020
When I try to download the server files for Infinity evolves off the new launcher the file it downloads is just a text file that when opened looks like just garbled text, I’ve tried looking around for some solutions but I’m stumped! Any help is appreciated!

Reactions: seanb220

mrcrow_

Sep 7, 2020
Hi @Buddha9099 !

I recently downloaded the linux version and saw the same thing. However upon closer inspection this file is actually an executable without a file extension. You should be able to run that file from a command line using ./<filename>. I did this on the linux version and it kicked off the download of the actual server.

UPDATE: Once you have the server running, it's going to crash. This is because the latest build is trying to load "CustomMainMenu " which is a client-side mod. To disable this mod, append .disable to the end of the CustomMainMenu JAR file in the mods directory.

You will get one more error on launch... it will tell you that you didn't accept the EULA even though you accepted it when you launched the server. Modify the EULA and add "true" in there, launch one more time and you should be running.

Hope this helps,
MrCrow

Last edited:

seanb220

Oct 3, 2020
Hi @Buddha9099 !

I recently downloaded the linux version and saw the same thing. However upon closer inspection this file is actually an executable without a file extension. You should be able to run that file from a command line using ./<filename>. I did this on the linux version and it kicked off the download of the actual server.

UPDATE: Once you have the server running, it's going to crash. This is because the latest build is trying to load "CustomMainMenu " which is a client-side mod. To disable this mod, append .disable to the end of the CustomMainMenu JAR file in the mods directory.

You will get one more error on launch... it will tell you that you didn't accept the EULA even though you accepted it when you launched the server. Modify the EULA and add "true" in there, launch one more time and you should be running.

Hope this helps,
MrCrow

Hi @mrcrow_ thanks for this. I have also been having similar issues. I followed your instructions but this is where I am now stuck. It asks me for the second time to agree to the EULA and when I press y for yes this is what shows up.

Do you agree to the Mojang EULA available at .....

[y/n] yError: Unable to access jarfile nogui

[Process completed]

Alternatively, I have tried running the server installation files from the twitch installation platform and I made an alternate post about that. If you are able to assist in helping me get a server running through either method, this would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!

Last edited:

mrcrow_

Sep 7, 2020
Hi @mrcrow_ thanks for this. I have also been having similar issues. I followed your instructions but this is where I am now stuck. It asks me for the second time to agree to the EULA and when I press y for yes this is what shows up.

Do you agree to the Mojang EULA available at .....

[y/n] yError: Unable to access jarfile nogui

[Process completed]

Alternatively, I have tried running the server installation files from the twitch installation platform and I made an alternate post about that. If you are able to assist in helping me get a server running through either method, this would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!

Hi @seanb220 - That error you're encountering is an easy one :) It thinks the name of your server jarfile is "nogui". Why? Because in the file you are launching it doesn't list the jarfile in the command line. So if you edit that file you are launching, scroll over to the space that says "-jar nogui" and put the name of your server jar file in between those two words. Your server jar file will be in the same directory and have a name with a version number in it. It will look something like this "-jar server-123-123.jar nogui"

Hope this helps,
MrCrow_

ItsCraftTimeBaby

Oct 3, 2020
Just an FYI for anyone having this problem on macOS: I had to add execute permissions to the file to run it. You can do this with chmod 755 ./<filename> . Then run it with ./<filename> as @mrcrow_ suggested.