Problem FTB App: FTB Infinity 1.7 "Unable to Access Jarfile nogui"

Ghagnastiac

Apr 21, 2020
Heyo
So, I've been trying to run a server that I've downloaded from the New "FTB App" launcher (first time trying to set up a server from the new launcher). The FTB Infinity 1.7 modpack specifically, a server that I've been able to run successfully on the previous launcher for years now with no issue -small scale, private servers, 1-5 friends at maximum.
At the time of this post: I'm using Windows 7, I'm using the most up-to-date version of Java (first thing I checked), and my C: drive is partitioned into two drives (C: and S: ) and I have the old launcher, the new, and the modpack downloads in. I'm unsure if this matters or not but I thought I'd included it with it being related to the software have file searching/location/access issues.

Now, installation was fine on the app, I downloaded the modpack and then downloaded the server file. I have been wondering if it an issue with the way I've been installing it so for a quick summary:
I double click the "serverinstall_23_23" and agree to the [y/n] prompt, it installs Forge and so forth. I then double click "eula" Notepad file and set it to true, save, and close. Then I activate the "forge-1.7.10-10.13...-1.7.10-universal" Executable Jar File and I let it do its thing completely before ending the process. I do use Hamachi to host so I enter the IPv4 in the server settings and such, save, and close. However -as with the servers from the old FTB launcher- when trying to set up the server to run, it required activating the Windows Batch File(WBF) "ServerStart". So I double click the new launcher's variant, the WBF called "start" and that where I encounter the following problem. The CMD displays "Do you agree to the Mojang EULA available at https:// account.mojang.com/documents/minecraft_eula? [y/n]". I can type and enter either "y" or "n", it doesn't matter, the error "Unable to Access Jarfile nogui" is consistent and appears for literally a second as the CMD is shutting down. The operation does create a "eula" Notepad file set to true but that's the end of it.

I don't know if it is meant to do this or if I'm being numb and stupid and missing something that hiding in plain sight. xD I'm not really good with this stuff and have been trying to learn when it does go wrong.

I've included a picture of the error, its faded partially due to how its closing so fast that I have to hit Print Screen after complying with the prompt. I apologise in advance if this post is in the wrong space and thank you.

Attachments

• start WBF error pic.jpg
    start WBF error pic.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 299

Phantomxccnp

Apr 29, 2020
I got the server to boot with forge-1.12.2-14.23.5.2796-universal.jar. Adding that at end of the start.sh file behind -jar. However, I am unable to log on with any players. I get Disconnecting Player: This server has mods that require FML/Forge to be installed on the client: Then it lists abunch of mods.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
I got the server to boot with forge-1.12.2-14.23.5.2796-universal.jar. Adding that at end of the start.sh file behind -jar. However, I am unable to log on with any players. I get Disconnecting Player: This server has mods that require FML/Forge to be installed on the client: Then it lists abunch of mods.

Please don't take over someone elses post, if you have issues of your own - start a new thread. Give full info and provide logs (using https://paste.feed-the-beast.com and share link)

Phantomxccnp

Apr 29, 2020
I wasn't trying to hijack the thread, I was adding relevant information that will probably happen to him when he makes the fix action that I suggested as I found his exact issue last night when I tried to launch a new FTB Infinity Evolved server from the new launcher.

ArigorLF

May 22, 2020
I have the same issue, but I have not been able to do anything to get past the Error: Unable to access jarfile nogui

wangmauler

Jul 29, 2019
Massachusetts
Replying to this as I'm comming accross this same error - It can be recreated by doing these simple steps:

1. Head to the FTB Infinity Evolved server download page at:

2. Click the "Server" tab, then click "Windows" (I'm running Win10, obviously)

3. Install the file "serverinstall_23_99.exe" and wait for it to finish (I put the exe in C:\FTB)

4. Run "Start.bat"

5. Error occurs (You can add "pause" at the end of "start.bat" to see the full error).

No error logs are created, there is an 'installer.log' which is pasted below:

Capture.JPG

Installing server to current directory
MESSAGE: Data kindly mirrored by Forge at http://MinecraftForge.net/
ETag: 3e8912b293b52bd54f879919bd6e4e44
MD5: 3e8912b293b52bd54f879919bd6e4e44
MESSAGE: Considering library net.minecraftforge:forge:1.7.10-10.13.4.1614-1.7.10: Not Downloading
MESSAGE: Considering library net.minecraft:launchwrapper:1.12
MESSAGE: Downloading library net.minecraft:launchwrapper:1.12
MESSAGE: Considering library com.typesafe.akka:akka-actor_2.11:2.3.3
MESSAGE: Downloading library com.typesafe.akka:akka-actor_2.11:2.3.3
MESSAGE: Trying unpacked library com.typesafe.akka:akka-actor_2.11:2.3.3
MESSAGE: Considering library org.scala-lang:scala-actors-migration_2.11:1.1.0
MESSAGE: Downloading library org.scala-lang:scala-actors-migration_2.11:1.1.0
MESSAGE: Trying unpacked library org.scala-lang:scala-actors-migration_2.11:1.1.0
MESSAGE: Considering library org.scala-lang:scala-compiler:2.11.1
MESSAGE: Downloading library org.scala-lang:scala-compiler:2.11.1
MESSAGE: Trying unpacked library org.scala-lang:scala-compiler:2.11.1
MESSAGE: Considering library org.scala-lang.plugins:scala-continuations-library_2.11:1.0.2
MESSAGE: Downloading library org.scala-lang.plugins:scala-continuations-library_2.11:1.0.2
MESSAGE: Trying unpacked library org.scala-lang.plugins:scala-continuations-library_2.11:1.0.2
MESSAGE: Considering library org.scala-lang.plugins:scala-continuations-plugin_2.11.1:1.0.2
MESSAGE: Downloading library org.scala-lang.plugins:scala-continuations-plugin_2.11.1:1.0.2
MESSAGE: Trying unpacked library org.scala-lang.plugins:scala-continuations-plugin_2.11.1:1.0.2
MESSAGE: Considering library org.scala-lang:scala-library:2.11.1
MESSAGE: Downloading library org.scala-lang:scala-library:2.11.1
MESSAGE: Trying unpacked library org.scala-lang:scala-library:2.11.1
MESSAGE: Considering library org.scala-lang:scala-parser-combinators_2.11:1.0.1
MESSAGE: Downloading library org.scala-lang:scala-parser-combinators_2.11:1.0.1
MESSAGE: Trying unpacked library org.scala-lang:scala-parser-combinators_2.11:1.0.1
MESSAGE: Considering library org.scala-lang:scala-reflect:2.11.1
MESSAGE: Downloading library org.scala-lang:scala-reflect:2.11.1
MESSAGE: Trying unpacked library org.scala-lang:scala-reflect:2.11.1
MESSAGE: Considering library org.scala-lang:scala-swing_2.11:1.0.1
MESSAGE: Downloading library org.scala-lang:scala-swing_2.11:1.0.1
MESSAGE: Trying unpacked library org.scala-lang:scala-swing_2.11:1.0.1
MESSAGE: Considering library org.scala-lang:scala-xml_2.11:1.0.2
MESSAGE: Downloading library org.scala-lang:scala-xml_2.11:1.0.2
MESSAGE: Trying unpacked library org.scala-lang:scala-xml_2.11:1.0.2
MESSAGE: Considering library net.sf.jopt-simple:jopt-simple:4.5
MESSAGE: Downloading library net.sf.jopt-simple:jopt-simple:4.5
MESSAGE: Considering library org.apache.commons:commons-lang3:3.3.2
MESSAGE: Downloading library org.apache.commons:commons-lang3:3.3.2
The server installed successfully, you should now be able to run the file forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1614-1.7.10-universal.jar
You can delete this installer file now if you wish

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Replying to this as I'm comming accross this same error - It can be recreated by doing these simple steps:
You're not having the same error, you should post a new thread when having issues.

And please use a paste service when sharing logs, https://paste.feed-the-beast.com works fine.

Make sure you have 64-bit java installed on your system, then verify that start.bat looks like this (check last line):

wangmauler

Jul 29, 2019
Massachusetts
Not sure how me getting the exact same error ("Unable to Access Jarfile nogui") in the same way (downloading the exe installer) is different? After re-reading the first post here, the only difference I see is the exe name (probably server installer version, I'm assuming) is different ("serverinstall_23_23" vs "serverinstall_23_99"). However sure, I'll create a new thread.