Filling water source with solid blocks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Fraktalll

Mar 25, 2020
So as the title says I wonder if there's a way to fill out water (or other liquids) source blocks with solid blocks or air or pumping it to a tank in the inventory. Might be useful while vein mining.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
The pump from Industrial Foregoing replaces liquids with cobblestone.

Fraktalll

Mar 25, 2020
The pump from Industrial Foregoing replaces liquids with cobblestone.
Yeah, but you gotta set it up and hook some power to it. Any way to have like a bauble in the inventory that does that automatically on the go?

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
No, and honestly that would be too OP in my opinion.

What pack are you playing? The pump uses very little RF, and there are early game wireless power transfer items you can use, and if you don't care about storing/using the fluid, liquid trash cans are a thing (if you have them in your pack).

EDIT: Oh i see, I'm guessing you are having issues with liquids (probably lava being the worst) flowing down when you vein mine... Yeah... just gotta be quick with a block to plug up the leak... Pro tip: never put your torches on the ground, if liquid flows they won't get burned up or washed away.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
If you have Blood magic, the sigil of the dome supresses the existence of water, including stopping it flowing in an area. It'll return, but you can block it up while it's gone.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame