Request Modpack Lag Reduction?

Hyalus

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to create a modpack for me and some buddies of mine (this will never be published or released to the public). Anyone in the group with less than 24 GB of RAM can't move at all. But the pack that I made only has about 100 mods (when to boot up the pack and on the main title screen of minecraft in the bottom left it says "# mods loaded, # mods active" that number is like 97 but a pack that everyone in the group can play is Magiculture 2 version 1.12.2 (same as my pack). Is there anything I can do to help the weaker computers play this FrankenPack?

LIST OF ALL THE MODS (assume they all have the needed libraries to run as I'm making the pack in the Twitch/Curse launcher which does taht automatically)

AbyssalCraft
Agricraft
ArchitectureCraft
Astral Sorcery
Baubles
Blood Arsenal
Blood Magic
Bookshelf
Botania
Brandon's Core
Chameleon
CodeChicken Lib
CoFH Core
CoFH World
ConnectedTexturesMod
CraftStudio API
CraftTweaker
Cyclops Core
Electroblob's Wizardry
Ender IO
Ender Core
EvilCraft
Extra Utilities
Extreme Reactors
forgeEndertech
FTB Backups
FTB Library
FTB Utilities
Galacticraft
Galacticraft-Planets
Game Stages
Gravestone Mod
Grimoire of Gaia
Hwyla
Ice and Fire
Industrial Foregoing
InfinityLib
INventory Tweaks
Item Scroller
Journey Map
Just Enough Items
Large Ore Deposits
LibraryEx
LLibrary
Logistics Pipes
Mantle
Mekanism
Mekanism; Generators
Mekanism; Tools
Mo' Bends
Mo' Creatures
Mob Grinding Utils
More Shearables
Morpheus
Mystical World
MysticalLib
NetherEx
Ore Excavation
Ore Excavation Integration
Pam's Harvestcraft
Patchouli
ProjectE
PTRLib
Redstone Flux
Roguelike Dungeons
Roots
Shadowfacts' Forgelin
Storage Drawers
Tesla Core Lib
Thaumcraft
Thaumic Equivalence
Thaumic Inventory Scanning
Thaumic JEI
Thaumic Periphery
Thaumic Tinkerer
Thermal Dynamics
Thermal Expansion
Thermal Foundation
Tinkering w/ Blood Magic
Tinkers Construct
Tree Chopper
Wailia Harvestability
Wailia Stages
ZeroCore

SevenMass

Jan 2, 2013
The Netherlands
with less than 24 GB of RAM can't move at all.

No modpack I've ever used, including packs with over 350 mods, required more than 6GB of memory allocated.
The only possible exception is a server that must handle a lot of players. And then it is only the server that needs the ram, the clients still need only 6GB or less.

I'd argue that if you can solve the problem by having 24GB of ram, you didn't actually solve the problem.
Meaning: There is a mod or combination of mods or mod configs that is causing a problem.

Looking at your mod list, I'm pretty sure that the number of loaded mods should be higher than 97. An other indication that something is up.

Try systematically disabling/enabling mods until the problem disappears.
Instead of disabling/enabling each individual mod one at a time, you can save time by disabling/enabling half of of your mods, then half of the yet untested mods, etc.. Once you narrow the problem down to one mod. Try what will happen if you run a pack with only that mod. Then add mods/groups of mods until the problem reappears. Then disable mods again using the problem mod as a constant. This way, you can find if mod combo's cause the problem.

Once you figure what mod or mod combo is causing the problem. Come back to post about it so others can know.

It also usually helps to figure out all the features of all the mods that you DONT want to have, and then disable those in the mods configs as much as possible. That includes things like compatibility modules for mods you don't have. The less gets actively loaded, the less potential problems you have to worry about.

EDIT:
Also: Adding the following mods I can recommend for improved performance:
VanillaFix
foamfix

Reactions: 1 person

Hyalus

Jul 29, 2019
No modpack I've ever used, including packs with over 350 mods, required more than 6GB of memory allocated.
The only possible exception is a server that must handle a lot of players. And then it is only the server that needs the ram, the clients still need only 6GB or less.

I'd argue that if you can solve the problem by having 24GB of ram, you didn't actually solve the problem.
Meaning: There is a mod or combination of mods or mod configs that is causing a problem.

Looking at your mod list, I'm pretty sure that the number of loaded mods should be higher than 97. An other indication that something is up.

Try systematically disabling/enabling mods until the problem disappears.
Instead of disabling/enabling each individual mod one at a time, you can save time by disabling/enabling half of of your mods, then half of the yet untested mods, etc.. Once you narrow the problem down to one mod. Try what will happen if you run a pack with only that mod. Then add mods/groups of mods until the problem reappears. Then disable mods again using the problem mod as a constant. This way, you can find if mod combo's cause the problem.

Once you figure what mod or mod combo is causing the problem. Come back to post about it so others can know.

It also usually helps to figure out all the features of all the mods that you DONT want to have, and then disable those in the mods configs as much as possible. That includes things like compatibility modules for mods you don't have. The less gets actively loaded, the less potential problems you have to worry about.

EDIT:
Also: Adding the following mods I can recommend for improved performance:
VanillaFix
foamfix

It was FTB Utilities and the two Library mods it needs to work.