I was on here before but...

Terra M Welch

Oct 17, 2019
Playing Sevtech Ages
Hi, I'm Terra! I'm usually one for playing alot of 1.7.10 modpacks(yeah 1.7.10 is old as dirt now) but recently I've gotten interest in a 1.12.2 modpack called Sevtech Ages.

I had an account on here before under a name I really didn't like, but apparently that was made into a guest account(I guess do to my inactivity.), but hey that's all the more reason for me to use my real name now!

I've gotten about halfway through age 1(bronze age) in Sevtech Ages so far, have found a way to cheese the shoggoths so I've gotten past that part.

Anywho, Hiya fellow MC Modders!

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
*waves* Hello and welcome back! :)

Who were you before?? I've heard and seen good things about SevTech, but not played myself yet. Good luck!

Reactions: LordPINE

Terra M Welch

Oct 17, 2019
Playing Sevtech Ages
Ehhh, my old name was my deadname. So I really don't like the idea of sharing it...

I didn't talk much on here back then. Mainly because I didn't like that I couldn't change my forum name. Now that the old account has been guestified and I could make this one with my same email. I'm alot more content.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Ehhh, my old name was my deadname. So I really don't like the idea of sharing it...

I didn't talk much on here back then. Mainly because I didn't like that I couldn't change my forum name. Now that the old account has been guestified and I could make this one with my same email. I'm alot more content.
Ah, completely understood - my apologies!

I'm hoping that more and more will come back as the weeks go on - I have a good feeling about it :)

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
Welcome back to the forums! It's been pretty quiet here recently, but there are still some pretty active people around.

SevTech has some good parts, but I hope you can deal with Abyssalcraft. It's pretty bad.

Terra M Welch

Oct 17, 2019
Playing Sevtech Ages
Welcome back to the forums! It's been pretty quiet here recently, but there are still some pretty active people around.

SevTech has some good parts, but I hope you can deal with Abyssalcraft. It's pretty bad.
Yeah I got to the part with the shoggoths. But I did find a means to cheese them! I found out they can't break through blocks that are hard enough, like the monolith stone, or even greenschist cobblestone works too!
Got about 2 stacks of their flesh, I think that's enough for now!

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Yeah I got to the part with the shoggoths. But I did find a means to cheese them! I found out they can't break through blocks that are hard enough, like the monolith stone, or even greenschist cobblestone works too!
Got about 2 stacks of their flesh, I think that's enough for now!
Nice one! :D awesome stuff

Terra M Welch

Oct 17, 2019
Playing Sevtech Ages
I do have to confess though, since I've always prefered the clickspam of pre-1.9 combat(I've never liked attack cooldowns, I feel they don't make the game any harder it just makes fighting more tediouis, especically with the aggro radius of zombies.), I am actually using 2 additional mods in the pack. I know, ya'll likely consider me as scum for this, but one huge reason why I stayed on 1.7.10 for so long is because of 1.9's attack cooldown mechanic.

For anyone wondering the mods in question, they are "Beta Days" mod, with the only option being enabled is removing attack cooldowns, and "Don't even axe" which I only added to compensate for the lack of attack cooldown, it cuts axe damage in half in order to discourage spamming axes due to no attack cooldown.
As for TiC cleavers, I've done a personal ban for those, since I'm playing solo. I'll be sticking to the basic sword.

Regardless, I don't feel these two mods have made the modpack any easier, if anything I'm still very much having to think to get around the obsticals the modpack lays out before me, Baykok and the Lesser Shoggoths for example. I've had to think of clever ways to cheese them as I didn't want to tackle them head on as I was certain I was going to get destroyed by them.(Even with no attack cooldown!)

Sorry if I'm scummy for this, I just want to enjoy 1.12.2 modpacks but 1.9's attack cooldown system is just something I could never tolerate, and I feel would ruin any modpack for me.

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
The most important part of playing a modpack is enjoying it. If you don't enjoy the 1.12 combat mechanics, you can just revert them, it's your playthrough after all. So yeah, not scummy at all, just making the pack as enjoyable as possible, which is never a bad thing.

Terra M Welch

Oct 17, 2019
Playing Sevtech Ages
Thanks! I've been enjoying it.
I just got to age 2(medieval age) with ages 0 and 1 100% done. It's been fun so far!
CS615zq.jpg

Also a question, what mod adds the shield meter across from my armor meter? Thinking of making custom icons for it for the painterly HUD I like using.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
The most important part of playing a modpack is enjoying it. If you don't enjoy the 1.12 combat mechanics, you can just revert them, it's your playthrough after all. So yeah, not scummy at all, just making the pack as enjoyable as possible, which is never a bad thing.
Absolutely seconded! :) Definitely not scummy, you play how you want to.

Terra M Welch

Oct 17, 2019
Playing Sevtech Ages
So uh, in sevtech I'm pretty much on the industrial age's doorstep, but before I get the coal engine I wanted to get a moonworm queen from the twilight forest.

I've dug through several hollow hills and still can't find one, am I just unlucky?

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
Was added in early 1.12 Twilight Forest stuff. It's a torch launcher feed by torchberries, essentially -- normally just a convenience, but with SevTech's more expensive torches, particularly helpful in this modpack

I think they're still enabled but rare. That said, I ran SevTech's Twilight Forest block during the 2.x versions, it may have been disabled since.