Modding partnership

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Interesting ideas all around..... Was curious if any of the following are a possibility due to scope or size;

1. Farming
    1. Prevent any farmland crop from being planted on farmland.
    2. Add all of Pam's Harvest Craft to the IC2 Crop cards with appropriate mutations.
    3. Add all of GrowthCraft Community Edition to the IC2 Crop cards with appropriate mutations.
  2. Ore Processing
    1. Remember Factorization? A mod that brings back just the ore processing from that mod.
    2. CraftTweaker support to set input and outputs would be awesome also.
    3. Previous owner has no issue with ports to new versions.
    4. Power could be any/all of: RF, EU, MJ and Charge from RC.
Not to much. What do you think?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Would it be possible to ask for some tweaks. Mainly configurability. In my modpack, one constant feedback I'm getting is that it's difficult to deal with early game, as tech is not available that'll help with how it spawns.

Could you add/change:
1) Set the spawn & growth rate config options to 0 to 100%, instead of 1 to 100%?
2) Growth/Spawn is a chance per tick. Could that be a chance per X ticks, with X being a configurable option?
3) New feature: Duration based difficulty. For both Spawning and Growth, separate config options for "Increased Difficulty every X Minecraft Days", with X being a configurable option. So for example I could say every 10 MC days, the chance to spread increases by 1%, and every 15 days, the chance of mob spawning increases by 1%. Both of these would also need a configurable Maximum Spawn/Growth Percentage.

With #3, that way I could configure the pack to be more difficult as time goes on, allowing players to get established.

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Would it be possible to ask for some tweaks. Mainly configurability. In my modpack, one constant feedback I'm getting is that it's difficult to deal with early game, as tech is not available that'll help with how it spawns.

Could you add/change:
1) Set the spawn & growth rate config options to 0 to 100%, instead of 1 to 100%?
2) Growth/Spawn is a chance per tick. Could that be a chance per X ticks, with X being a configurable option?
3) New feature: Duration based difficulty. For both Spawning and Growth, separate config options for "Increased Difficulty every X Minecraft Days", with X being a configurable option. So for example I could say every 10 MC days, the chance to spread increases by 1%, and every 15 days, the chance of mob spawning increases by 1%. Both of these would also need a configurable Maximum Spawn/Growth Percentage.

With #3, that way I could configure the pack to be more difficult as time goes on, allowing players to get established.
1) Yes, done.
2) Not sure - the tick count will have to be stored somewhere, either in tile entity or the chunk. Or I can make the block tickable non-randomly and add setting for time between ticks. By the way, what are you using to spawn the earth blocks?
3) This will have to be saved to world data, should be possible.

Reactions: Golrith

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
1) Yes, done.
2) Not sure - the tick count will have to be stored somewhere, either in tile entity or the chunk. Or I can make the block tickable non-randomly and add setting for time between ticks. By the way, what are you using to spawn the earth blocks?
3) This will have to be saved to world data, should be possible.
I'm using Pollution of the Realms. Sulfur pollution eventually rains out and turns blocks to Polluted Earth, so a players industrialisation causes the eventual spawning.

Edit: #1 and #3 would be ideal, especially #3. I can set it to 0% at the start, then introduce time based difficulty, so early game is easier for players, with gradual difficulty increase matching their technology progression (as long as players keep on top of their tech).

Last edited:

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia
I'm using Pollution of the Realms. Sulfur pollution eventually rains out and turns blocks to Polluted Earth, so a players industrialisation causes the eventual spawning.

Edit: #1 and #3 would be ideal, especially #3. I can set it to 0% at the start, then introduce time based difficulty, so early game is easier for players, with gradual difficulty increase matching their technology progression (as long as players keep on top of their tech).
Alright, I hopefully implemented #3 correctly, here is a new version:
0.4:
decreased minimum possible spawn and spread rates to 0 percent;
fixed entities being spawned in same space;
added options for increasing mob spawn and earth spread rates over time;

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11zZlSoLwpkGVaMBGXmBN430Li4j5DMf5

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
0.4:

I'll give it a test.

Just a thought, is the time elapsed based on the current game MC day number, or from when the mod initialises? Just thinking about existing worlds and the effect for players.
Another thought, mob spawning, is there a test/check in place to stop spawning entities when the entity count is getting high? (to save FPS plummeting and worlds being killed)

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia
I'll give it a test.

Just a thought, is the time elapsed based on the current game MC day number, or from when the mod initialises? Just thinking about existing worlds and the effect for players.
Another thought, mob spawning, is there a test/check in place to stop spawning entities when the entity count is getting high? (to save FPS plummeting and worlds being killed)
It should work using total world time - meaning the time-based percentages will be applied taking elapsed days into account immediately.
There is no entity count check currently.
I recommend backing up worlds before updating to this version.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
0.4:

Got a crash :(

Description: Exception ticking world

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: bound must be positive
at java.util.Random.nextInt(Unknown Source)
at alexiy.polluted.earth.BlockPollutedEarth.updateTick(BlockPollutedEarth.java:44)
at net.minecraft.block.Block.randomTick(Block.java:508)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.updateBlocks(WorldServer.java:476)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.tick(WorldServer.java:225)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.updateTimeLightAndEntities(MinecraftServer.java:756)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.tick(MinecraftServer.java:668)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.tick(IntegratedServer.java:185)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:526)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

and I set the config to:
# Configuration file

general {
# Base percentage (per random tick)
# Min: 0
# Max: 100
I:blockSpreadChance=0

# Base percentage (per random tick)
I:entitySpawnChance=0

# Full registry names
S:replaceableBlocks <
minecraft:grass
minecraft:dirt
minecraft:dirt:1
minecraft:farmland
minecraft:sand
minecraft:gravel
dynamictrees:rootydirt
dynamictrees:rootydirt:1
dynamictrees:rootydirt:2
dynamictrees:rootydirt:3
dynamictrees:rootydirt:4
dynamictrees:rootydirt:5
dynamictrees:rootydirt:6
dynamictrees:rootydirt:7
dynamictrees:rootydirt:8
dynamictrees:rootydirt:9
dynamictrees:rootydirt:10
dynamictrees:rootydirt:11
dynamictrees:rootydirt:12
dynamictrees:rootydirt:13
dynamictrees:rootydirt:14
dynamictrees:rootydirt:15
>

# Earth block spawn chance per chunk
I:spawnChance=0

# Full registry names
S:spawnableEntities <
techguns:alienbug
minecraft:husk
minecraft:silverfish
minecraft:wither_skeleton
minecraft:enderman
>

earthsettings {
# Min: 1
# Max: 2147483647
I:"Earth spread chance increases every so many days:"=10

I:"Maximum chance of earth spread"=10
}

mobsettings {
I:"Maximum chance of mob spawn"=10

# Min: 1
# Max: 2147483647
I:"Mob spawn chance increases every so many days:"=5
}

}

I placed one block then headed off to explore the local area, to confirm that there was no spawning or spreading, then the crash occurred.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Fixed version:
0.5:
fixed crash caused by zero in random rolls;
added an option to cap entity count;

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NAPN2ITKKtOXrX6RKlzf65EEQr3HYLOI
I don't think the duration % increase is working.

I set up a test PE platform, surrounded it by grass. Game start, no mob spawning, no growth, as per the config - perfect!
Used NEI to advance to day 11, so based on above config, should have 2% mob spawning, and 1% growth. Waited ages, nothing.
Advanced to day 51 (so 10% and 5% respectively) again, no spawning/growth action.

Good news, no crashing!

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia
I don't think the duration % increase is working.

I set up a test PE platform, surrounded it by grass. Game start, no mob spawning, no growth, as per the config - perfect!
Used NEI to advance to day 11, so based on above config, should have 2% mob spawning, and 1% growth. Waited ages, nothing.
Advanced to day 51 (so 10% and 5% respectively) again, no spawning/growth action.

Good news, no crashing!
Damn, I blame variable names. There are two variables in minecraft for getting world time, one is time of day, other is time of world. But for some stupid reason in code first one is named "total world time" and second is named just "world time". Of course, I chose the "total world time" variable. But it turns out, they are opposite! I'll do some testing to confirm this and upload another build tomorrow.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Could I trouble you to consider another mod? Some of the code would be similar to Polluted Earth.

A mod that has a selection (say up to 8?) configurable blocks that each have their own mob spawn chance and mob spawn list. Reason for this I'm finding that the Minecraft Spawners are not ideal to my requirements, and they stick out too when part of a build. It would also allow pack makers to have spawning mobs from specific blocks, without the need for mob spawners

Config example would be like:

S:SpawnBlock1=minecraft:grass
I:entitySpawnChance1=5
S:spawnableEntities1 <
minecraft:zombie
>

S:SpawnBlock2=minecraft:eek:bsidian
I:entitySpawnChance2=1
S:spawnableEntities2 <
>

plus the same entity check to keep worlds safe.

Also, very minor thing I've found with mob spawning from Polluted Earth. If the mob has a weapon (such as skeletons), they spawn without the weapon.

Reactions: Celestialphoenix

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
I've had a similar idea to @Golrith on the back burner for a while (though I was planning to do it with custom CT blocks and In Control). The Polluted Earth mod you made is also pretty neat; and I was wondering if it were possible to combine both ideas?
Essentially - If Golrith is ok with this - 8 custom spawning blocks that can be configured to spread over other blocks much like the pollution does.
(ideally with the option to change the display name and texture of the block)

S:displayName=Scorched Earth
B:customTexture=True
#If true, textures go in .minecraft/resources/[mod name]/[block 1]

I:blockSpreadChance=50
>

minecraft:blaze
>

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I've had a similar idea to @Golrith on the back burner for a while (though I was planning to do it with custom CT blocks and In Control). The Polluted Earth mod you made is also pretty neat; and I was wondering if it were possible to combine both ideas?
Essentially - If Golrith is ok with this - 8 custom spawning blocks that can be configured to spread over other blocks much like the pollution does.
(ideally with the option to change the display name and texture of the block)

S:displayName=Scorched Earth
B:customTexture=True
#If true, textures go in .minecraft/resources/[mod name]/[block 1]

I:blockSpreadChance=50
>

minecraft:blaze
>
I'd thought of something like that too. A world eater block that munches it way through everything, and the block it "eats" determines what it replaces with (with an option for unknown blocks to be replaced with a default). Trying to build a base without it getting "infected" would be a challenge.

Reactions: Celestialphoenix

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Could I trouble you to consider another mod? Some of the code would be similar to Polluted Earth.

A mod that has a selection (say up to 8?) configurable blocks that each have their own mob spawn chance and mob spawn list. Reason for this I'm finding that the Minecraft Spawners are not ideal to my requirements, and they stick out too when part of a build. It would also allow pack makers to have spawning mobs from specific blocks, without the need for mob spawners

Config example would be like:

S:SpawnBlock1=minecraft:grass
minecraft:zombie
>

S:SpawnBlock2=minecraft:eek:bsidian
I:entitySpawnChance2=1
S:spawnableEntities2 <
>

plus the same entity check to keep worlds safe.

Also, very minor thing I've found with mob spawning from Polluted Earth. If the mob has a weapon (such as skeletons), they spawn without the weapon.

Are you asking for several variants of PE blocks?

Fixed mobs spawning without items.