[Extreme Reactors] [Revelations] Not producing enough RF compared to simulator

elfin8er

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently playing FTB Revelations and I'm trying to get a basic reactor up and running. I created a (really) simple 5x5x5 design in the big reactors simulator, and it states it should produce around 7KiRF/tick without any coolant. I created the exact same design in-game, but I can't seem to get even close to the same results as stated on the simulator (see screenshot). Has something been nerfed? Or am I just missing something?

2018-12-05_01.26.38.png

Edit: I thought it might be worth mentioning that it doesn't currently have any cooling (like in the simulator). Just don't want any confusion from JEI. Also, control rods are all at 0%.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
The pack most likely has custom balance changes, that reduce the power produced. This is pretty common with mods like Extreme/Big reactors that is often unbalanced compared to other mods in terms of power per effort involved.
Other than that, it is a terrible design, with or without coolant :p

elfin8er

Jul 29, 2019
The pack most likely has custom balance changes, that reduce the power produced. This is pretty common with mods like Extreme/Big reactors that is often unbalanced compared to other mods in terms of power per effort involved.
I was afraid that may have been it. Just out of curiosity, is there any way to change it back?

Other than that, it is a terrible design, with or without coolant :p
Yea yea. Just threw something temporary together before I move my base, and to get me re-familiarized with the mod.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I was afraid that may have been it. Just out of curiosity, is there any way to change it back?

Yea yea. Just threw something temporary together before I move my base, and to get me re-familiarized with the mod.
Most likely in the mods config. Though I would carefully consider it, since most packs do this. Without these tweaks it becomes very easy for everyone to just default to huge ass passive reactors, without even bothering to do turbines.