Windows .exe Updated to 1.0.7 and no mods now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzify55

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I just updated to the 1.0.7 update today and when I launched there were no mods no forge nothing. I looked in my folder there's nothing there either. Can someone help I really love this pack.

Punny Bunny

Jul 29, 2019
Which folder were you looking in? Are you still launching Minecraft using the FTB launcher (i.e., not launching Minecraft.exe)?

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
The FTB servers seems to be experiencing some issues.
It will probably fix itself soon :)

Jazzify55

Jul 29, 2019
Which folder were you looking in? Are you still launching Minecraft using the FTB launcher (i.e., not launching Minecraft.exe)?
yes I am using the launcher, the folder I looked in was the folder I created for everything to be stored in. After I updated to the 1.0.7 update the mods folder and the edit mod pack button have no mods.

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
Been having the same issue for hours now. What happens is the mod pack is downloaded as a zip file (and is taking an incredible long time to DL btw) and when it has completed DL'ing I imagine the launcher is supposed to place the mods in their proper areas and configs them. Well, what appears to happen is after the modpack is DL'd something happens (an error maybe somewhere) and the zip gets deleted without actually installing the mods, then the launcher continues to load minecraft without mods. Trying to get the log from the launcher does no good since it resets when the game is launched.

Armor419

Jul 29, 2019
Yep same problem here. First attempt to use this mod pack so I have a completely fresh install of 1.07. The mods folder doesn't even look to have been created, let alone the mods downloaded. As Greevir points out the logs are rotated to quickly to capture.

Volume in drive C is Windows 7
Directory of C:\Users\me\Desktop\mc_new\FTBBETAA\minecraft

11/20/2012 12:44 PM <DIR> .
11/20/2012 12:44 PM <DIR> ..
11/20/2012 12:43 PM <DIR> bin
11/20/2012 12:44 PM 0 dirlist
11/20/2012 12:43 PM 811 options.txt
11/20/2012 12:43 PM <DIR> resources
11/20/2012 12:43 PM <DIR> saves
11/20/2012 12:43 PM <DIR> stats
11/20/2012 12:43 PM <DIR> texturepacks
11/20/2012 12:43 PM <DIR> texturepacks-mp-cache
2 File(s) 811 bytes
8 Dir(s) 9,032,097,792 bytes free

Soundproof

Jul 29, 2019
Can I "plus one" this?

Don't have anything to add, seems to be an identical situation though with the slow download speed and missing the mods after the download completes.

Thanks!

Jazzify55

Jul 29, 2019
Been having the same issue for hours now. What happens is the mod pack is downloaded as a zip file (and is taking an incredible long time to DL btw) and when it has completed DL'ing I imagine the launcher is supposed to place the mods in their proper areas and configs them. Well, what appears to happen is after the modpack is DL'd something happens (an error maybe somewhere) and the zip gets deleted without actually installing the mods, then the launcher continues to load minecraft without mods. Trying to get the log from the launcher does no good since it resets when the game is launched.
Ok so I tried something and it worked. If you are using the FTB launcher like I am then go to the options and tell it to download files in a new folder. once it's done downloading the files replace the instmods file in your original file with the new one and replace the mods and coremods files with the new files then just tell the launcher to look in the original place and FTB will work again if you do it right. If it doesn't work you probably did something wrong.

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
The zip gets deleted because the download for some reason gets stopped before it completes.
The zip file is therefor corrupt and gets deletet.
This happens even if you try to download it with a direct link trough your browser.
So it's a server issue somehow.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I answered No to update, changed the install path, restarted launcher, and then answered Yes.

All the launcher did was update itself, and make some empty folders. I then reverted the path back to the original, all fine.

Connor Stimson

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so I tried something and it worked. If you are using the FTB launcher like I am then go to the options and tell it to download files in a new folder. once it's done downloading the files replace the instmods file in your original file with the new one and replace the mods and coremods files with the new files then just tell the launcher to look in the original place and FTB will work again if you do it right. If it doesn't work you probably did something wrong.
This didn't work for me, even while following your precise steps: when I downloaded the mod pack again into a new folder, it didn't download a new instmods folder. It just created a folder called "Minecraft", which contained all the normal vanilla Minecraft files and nothing else. Oh, woe is us! #firstworldproblems

Ryan Corp

Jul 29, 2019
Same issue Have been Trying for a few hours last time just had to wait for the hosted file to be fixed but now there is an issue where the launcher stops at about 17000 Kb. like others stated. I hope that this will be fixed soon.

Wulven

Jul 29, 2019
I, like everyone else, is having the same problem. But I see many things going on:
1) despite the issue, no mod or higher-up has come in to give an update as to what is happening.
2) The download for the modpack is corrupt or something similar. When I first got the pack, 1.0.4, download went fine. Now, after updating and losing all trace of mods, attempting to download the pack now, the speed stays between 20-50kbps, which is incredibly pitiful.
3) The download only gets about 2/3 done before it instantly stops and apparently wipes itself. The launcher then continues with downloading the standard minecraft.jar, at a normal speed, if the update was forced. At this point for me though, I've sometimes had the launcher open with vanilla 1.4.2, other times it simply forgets everything, all closes, and nothing loads.

I have tried everything suggested here so far, with nothing coming out of it except anger. Problems seem to come initially from the host servers, but every step along the way seems to have its own problem. I just first want to hear from a higher-up that they realize there is something wrong and are looking into it.

Bilbo Baggins

Jul 29, 2019
yes I am using the launcher, the folder I looked in was the folder I created for everything to be stored in. After I updated to the 1.0.7 update the mods folder and the edit mod pack button have no mods.
i am experiencing thee same problem, i think this link: [REDACTED]: had a way to fix it but i couldn't find the specified files

malfunctionMC

Jul 29, 2019
I, like everyone else, is having the same problem. But I see many things going on:
1) despite the issue, no mod or higher-up has come in to give an update as to what is happening.
2) The download for the modpack is corrupt or something similar. When I first got the pack, 1.0.4, download went fine. Now, after updating and losing all trace of mods, attempting to download the pack now, the speed stays between 20-50kbps, which is incredibly pitiful.
3) The download only gets about 2/3 done before it instantly stops and apparently wipes itself. The launcher then continues with downloading the standard minecraft.jar, at a normal speed, if the update was forced. At this point for me though, I've sometimes had the launcher open with vanilla 1.4.2, other times it simply forgets everything, all closes, and nothing loads.

I have tried everything suggested here so far, with nothing coming out of it except anger. Problems seem to come initially from the host servers, but every step along the way seems to have its own problem. I just first want to hear from a higher-up that they realize there is something wrong and are looking into it.

ive just this second downloaded all 3 modpacks, and both maps, with no issues at all. if there is a problem, it is not at the server end. The slow interrupted download would suggest an internet bottleneck somewhere between you and the server.

Wulven

Jul 29, 2019
ive just this second downloaded all 3 modpacks, and both maps, with no issues at all. if there is a problem, it is not at the server end. The slow interrupted download would suggest an internet bottleneck somewhere between you and the server.
Ok sure, blame the problem on me, despite everyone else in this thread, and in the multiple other threads, having the same issue... Try reading a bit, it helps.
Been having the same issue for hours now. What happens is the mod pack is downloaded as a zip file (and is taking an incredible long time to DL btw) ...
Same issue Have been Trying for a few hours last time just had to wait for the hosted file to be fixed but now there is an issue where the launcher stops at about 17000 Kb. like others stated. ...
etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.