Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

C

Cellular

I'm unfamiliar with the subject, but simplification for gameplay purposes is likely necessary.

Yes of course. It would be immensely difficult to make a game with lots of realism. However, I've started to learn code; and I think I'm going to embark on a project to create an industrial megamod. Completely self sustained but also completely compatible with most other mods, because I value the player most of all. It would be overflowing with real life equipment and concepts down to the bare bones. For example, you could build transfer pumps with custom components such as differing engine or pump types, different fluid port sizes, different frames, and on and on.

LoGaL

Aug 4, 2013
Sort of necroposting, but did you ever think about implementing proper turbine/compressor design in rotarycraft/reactorcraft?
I don’t even know if it is feasible, but stuff like
blades of different materials, rotor cooling, different casting techniques (single cristal, directional solidification ecc)
There are also other things but i guess i am already suggesting too much

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Sort of necroposting, but did you ever think about implementing proper turbine/compressor design in rotarycraft/reactorcraft?
I don’t even know if it is feasible, but stuff like
blades of different materials, rotor cooling, different casting techniques (single cristal, directional solidification ecc)
There are also other things but i guess i am already suggesting too much
What gameplay value would it add?

LoGaL

Aug 4, 2013
Okay, i’ll try to make direct suggestions, keep in mind i am ignorant in java, so i might tell something unreasonable, i apologyze in advance

Rotarycraft aeroderivative
I would add a sort of “<insert material>,<insert manufacturing> rotor” item
Maybe with max two choices each
Say,
Materials: nickel superalloy/nickel superalloy + cooling (would represent TBC and cooling conduits)
Manufacturing: solidified/single crystal

I guess it might work like the CVT? You put the rotor item inside
At the end of the day you give me a reason not to just slap in a second turbine. (one could go a little “creative” with the gain in efficency) and maybe it feels more techy

Maybe a machine with weird recipes to produce those sofisticated blades?
But i almost have no idea of how they manufacture those, i’ve only ever seen a weird furnace with an helicoidal path at the bottom

Regarding the reactorcraft turbines: i think one could play a little bit with a “suff vs temperature”

Ideally
Cheap materials—-> need more water for the same heat absorbed to keep the temperature low——->bigger water supply infrastructure, more turbines
Also, peak temperature of the cycle is lower—-> less efficency

Action vs reaction stage:
reaction stage is more efficient but power output is lower( and also pressure/temperature drop) so again
Steel/nickel ,action/reaction stage and play a bit on whether you want more efficient, more expensive turbine or not

To be honest i like the aeroderivative suggestion the most

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Okay, i’ll try to make direct suggestions, keep in mind i am ignorant in java, so i might tell something unreasonable, i apologyze in advance

Rotarycraft aeroderivative
I would add a sort of “<insert material>,<insert manufacturing> rotor” item
Maybe with max two choices each
Say,
Materials: nickel superalloy/nickel superalloy + cooling (would represent TBC and cooling conduits)
Manufacturing: solidified/single crystal

I guess it might work like the CVT? You put the rotor item inside
At the end of the day you give me a reason not to just slap in a second turbine. (one could go a little “creative” with the gain in efficency) and maybe it feels more techy

Maybe a machine with weird recipes to produce those sofisticated blades?
But i almost have no idea of how they manufacture those, i’ve only ever seen a weird furnace with an helicoidal path at the bottom

Regarding the reactorcraft turbines: i think one could play a little bit with a “suff vs temperature”

Ideally
Cheap materials—-> need more water for the same heat absorbed to keep the temperature low——->bigger water supply infrastructure, more turbines
Also, peak temperature of the cycle is lower—-> less efficency

Action vs reaction stage:
reaction stage is more efficient but power output is lower( and also pressure/temperature drop) so again
Steel/nickel ,action/reaction stage and play a bit on whether you want more efficient, more expensive turbine or not

To be honest i like the aeroderivative suggestion the most
You still have not described anything new it adds to the gameplay, any incentive to actually do it.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
The handbook needs a bit of an update to match the new jet fuel recipe. Coal being powdered, needing pink dye and liquid ethanol, etc.

Rock melter to make liquid ethanol, yeah?

BrainCellz

Jan 2, 2020
I have a question regarding mod compatibility engines. Obviously their usage for high power outputs is gated behind later tier components so that people can't use other mods to accelerate yours. My question is, since you need to reach the rotarycraft "endgame" to even craft a component such as the Torsion Resistance Upgrade, what's the purpose in making these engines effectively useless? Are you offended by my use of IC2 power and electric motors to run a bedrock breaker?

BrainCellz

Jan 2, 2020
What exactly is the heat pipe for? There's a few major exploits I've been able to do with them so I assume they're new. I took a railcraft boiler, rotarycraft steam turbine, heat pipes, reactorcraft boilers and steam lines, and was able to power reactorcraft turbines with the heat generated by the turbine (outputting 4 MW).