Direwolf20 1.12 Modpack autocrafter?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
R

RadicalSilver

Hey there, does anybody know if there is a block that you can just put between hoppers or cables that for example crafts coal into coalblocks? there a bunch random blocks called crafter from extra utilities 2 and different tiers crafters from RFtools. I'm not familiar with these blocks, anybody here that is?

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
A good way to familiarise yourself in modded is to have a test world (I have a flat, survival world with cheats on) where you can just give yourself these blocks and play around with them.

Having said that, rftools crafters require power but are very functional. The higher tier versions can store more and more recipes. Best google 'youtube rftools crafter' to get any number of explanatory vids.

But for just cratfing coal blocks, the Extra utilities analog crafter will do the trick.

MiK3gamer

Jul 29, 2019
the easiest way would be the mechanical crafter. it doesn't need power, and you can pipe items in and out.
i think you need an item filter though, to pump items out. otherwise the crafting ingredients will be pumped out

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
@MiK3gamer you are correct, Mechanical crafter is also speed gated. You have to add speed upgrades to make it faster. Now you are talking adding 3 gold and 9 redstone per upgrade. Depending on the OPs coal income, that can get expensive. Not even mentioning if he has coal coming in faster then 4 basic upgrades. Tier 2 speed upgrades involve an enchanter and all the stuff that goes along with that.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
@MiK3gamer you are correct, Mechanical crafter is also speed gated. You have to add speed upgrades to make it faster. Now you are talking adding 3 gold and 9 redstone per upgrade. Depending on the OPs coal income, that can get expensive. Not even mentioning if he has coal coming in faster then 4 basic upgrades. Tier 2 speed upgrades involve an enchanter and all the stuff that goes along with that.

Not 100% on this, but don't the upgrades also require some grid power infrastructure as well?

MiK3gamer

Jul 29, 2019
Well, i assumed that it works fast enough. DidjtD even consider adding upgrades. But yes, I guess those upgrades need GP

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
@SolManX Yes, you have to have the grid power to use the upgrades. I usually assume anyone playing with EU2 toys already have at least 15 water mills at 16/ea so can power most anything. If not, GO BUILD THEM!!! Silly hu-man!

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Thermal Expansions Sequential Fabricator will do it and auto input and output. Needs power, but it's not a massive energy hog.

The Immersive Engineering Assembler can do three different recipes if you need multiple outputs, but is expensive in iron/steel and requires power. But can be useful later.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
@SolManX Yes, you have to have the grid power to use the upgrades. I usually assume anyone playing with EU2 toys already have at least 15 water mills at 16/ea so can power most anything. If not, GO BUILD THEM!!! Silly hu-man!

Except in 1.12 there is an efficiency loss if you spam too many of a single gp generator type. 4 water mills will run the full 16 gp each, add a fifth and I think you loose 7% of the total output.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Except in 1.12 there is an efficiency loss if you spam too many of a single gp generator type. 4 water mills will run the full 16 gp each, add a fifth and I think you loose 7% of the total output.
That's a strange way to balance things, but at least it prevents the 255 GP water mill grids everyone was using...

Alternately, fix your bug of having the water generators produce 4GP per side instead of 4GP per generator, but hey... that would involve actually fixing bugs that were reported years ago. Or, yanno, make the other generators work per side instead of per machine to give even the remotest sense of balance to the GP generation in the mod. That would work too. But as it stands, the water mills were like 8x power output of any other generator in the mod, so is it really any wonder it was the only one people built after the very first hand-cranked one?

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
That's a strange way to balance things, but at least it prevents the 255 GP water mill grids everyone was using...

Alternately, fix your bug of having the water generators produce 4GP per side instead of 4GP per generator, but hey... that would involve actually fixing bugs that were reported years ago. Or, yanno, make the other generators work per side instead of per machine to give even the remotest sense of balance to the GP generation in the mod. That would work too. But as it stands, the water mills were like 8x power output of any other generator in the mod, so is it really any wonder it was the only one people built after the very first hand-cranked one?

I think he did rebalance the output on some of the other generators, but I haven't gotten that far. I usually only set that up early as part of my sugarcane farm/water strainer set up, but at the moment I'm working on a pack that does without it.

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
Wasn;t aware of a % lost then more then 4 water mills were used. Never really paid attention. I usually put down 15 and forget about it until mid-late game when I add another 15 the late game when I add a dragon egg mill.