Looking for a new modpack to play

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
E

ExactMoose

So I have almost completely finished FTB Infinity evolved, and I really like the quest system that it has. I was looking for a new modpack to play with a similar quest system that is different than FTB Infinity evolved

Any suggestions?

Btw my pc can pretty much handle anything thrown at it, so the size/lag potential of a modpack shouldn't be an issue.

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
I can't help it, I need to suggest my pack to you (see my signature). Hope you don't mind that too much. It does not have quests, but it does have a guide book which will help you go through the mods. It is heavily magic focused though, so if you prefer tech mods you might want to search out something else. Would you mind elaborating what kind of packs you are looking for, besides the "expert mode" that infinity is?

E

ExactMoose

I can't help it, I need to suggest my pack to you (see my signature). Hope you don't mind that too much. It does not have quests, but it does have a guide book which will help you go through the mods. It is heavily magic focused though, so if you prefer tech mods you might want to search out something else. Would you mind elaborating what kind of packs you are looking for, besides the "expert mode" that infinity is?

I'll be honest, I do prefer tech mods over magic mods but I might give your pack a shot.

Anyways, the qualities I like in a modpack are as follows
-Good progression system
-Lot's of mods actually in that pack
-A lot of tech/agriculture
-Not too easy but also not too hard
-Not Skyblock

Those are pretty much the things I look for in a modpack besides the "expert mode"

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
If your system is beefy enough to handle it, have you tried SevTech: Ages yet? It's different than your normal fare, but it has a lot of good qualities to it.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
My pack does fit with what you are saying, although you might also want to check out Sevtech: Ages. It's recently come out, and it looks amazing. It has a giant amount of progression in it.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
E

ExactMoose

Thanks for the suggestion, I have downloaded it and will try it out!

Also my computer has a GTX 1080 and 16 GB of ram, so it should be able to handle it

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Me, I'd suggest Automaton. It's a purely tech based pack, going from Immersive Engineering, to AE2, to Mekanism. I'm having an absolute blast with it.