Direwolf20 1.12 redstone wire (or wireless)?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MiK3gamer

Jul 29, 2019
Hi.
I can't find anything to make redstone simple.
No predpower or project red, or similar ... I mean no redstone wires.
No wireless redstone ...

So it seems like I'll have to get used to vanilla redstone mechanics again. Of course it works. But it's not as easy, and sometimes makes it hard to hide the wiring behind the wall or under the floor. Especially if you need to build some specific redstone gates.

Sorry if this sounds stupid, do those mods even exist anymore? (Its been like 3 years since i played minecraft)

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Hi.
I can't find anything to make redstone simple.
No predpower or project red, or similar ... I mean no redstone wires.
No wireless redstone ...

So it seems like I'll have to get used to vanilla redstone mechanics again. Of course it works. But it's not as easy, and sometimes makes it hard to hide the wiring behind the wall or under the floor. Especially if you need to build some specific redstone gates.

Sorry if this sounds stupid, do those mods even exist anymore? (Its been like 3 years since i played minecraft)
As memory serves, there aren’t any direct equivalents; EnderIO adds redstone conduits which can act like wiring, you can set channels and stuff; gates and things can be done using Super Circuit Maker (that one gets quite sophisticated), and RFTools adds a wireless redstone transmitter/receiver (though it isn’t without its issues). I believe there were also attempts to write fairly direct copies of the Redpower/PR style wiring etc, but I don’t think they were ever feature-complete.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Try thermal dynamics structuralducts and redstone relays. The relays are *really* good!

Also, rftools logic gates and sequencers help as well.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Do you know, I’ve been extolling the virtues of TE’s new redstone system, can’t believe I forgot to mention it here!

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
RFTools has a wireless redstone transmitter and reciever if you looking for those, but the best option for wires in the pack is honestly Thermal Dynamics Redstone relays.

MiK3gamer

Jul 29, 2019
well, the redstone relay in combination with structuralducts (or any kind of duct i guess?) seems nice.
it's more like the jacketed wire from redpower/ProjectRed. i guess i will use it. but i'd be more compfortable with wires similar to the ones i knew.
well. i thankfully take what i got :)

oh. and i noticed that the relay has a color slot too. havent tested it yet. but i guess it is for transfering multiple different signal through one duct, similar to bundled cable from redpower?
i'll also need to find out what the third mode of the relay is. there is input, output, and something else. but i'll figure that out.

too bad that the wireless stuff from rftools requires enderpearls. i dont have any enderlillys and i rarely run into endermen

thanks guys, you really helped a lot. :)

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
oh. and i noticed that the relay has a color slot too. havent tested it yet. but i guess it is for transfering multiple different signal through one duct, similar to bundled cable from redpower?
i'll also need to find out what the third mode of the relay is. there is input, output, and something else. but i'll figure that out.

Yeah, different 'channels' for piping different signals along the same wire.

I think the third mode lets you send the exact redstone level from the source, so you can send a comparator value of say, 10, through the pipe and read it off the other end.

Also, just so you know, the relays can be attached to any duct, not just the structural ones.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I need to do some further experimenting too, but I’ve found the threshold modes very handy - so if it’s below a certain input level it has zero output, and if it’s above its full. I want to experiment with the comparator input - if it does what I think it does, I can use that to detect how full a redstone cell is and output (or cutoff) a signal, to turn dynamos off! More to test...