To void or not to void?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
L

Liza Pendray

I am second time listen void and not void because I am reading it in a programming language. But Tell me what is the exact meaning of it.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
In this case, what it means is to automatically destroy incoming ores as they come in once you have a certain amount, to save space. Many storage mods have ways of filtering out those items to be destroyed automatically.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
In this case, what it means is to automatically destroy incoming ores as they come in once you have a certain amount, to save space. Many storage mods have ways of filtering out those items to be destroyed automatically.

alternative would be to create an emergency surplus of ore (not to process) and turn off mining collection. My problem with that is I need my collection for uranium for power gen. The other way to do it in most mod packs is, if you use storage drawers for ingots, ores, etc, you can put upgrades in them (to increase space) and then put a void upgrade in it. I do that with cobble, and other basic building materials often. So I guess I sit on the void side of things. But things I would void I do with storage drawers... just easier that way. for me anyways.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I do think for some stuff, I might just set up drawers, 4 emerald upgrades and a void. That's how I had done it in earlier playthroughs. I was avoiding storage drawers this time, but I suppose dipping into it isn't that bad, especially if I've already had some compacting drawers set up.

So far, though, I haven't destroyed anything. No block left behind! lol

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
I do think for some stuff, I might just set up drawers, 4 emerald upgrades and a void. That's how I had done it in earlier playthroughs. I was avoiding storage drawers this time, but I suppose dipping into it isn't that bad, especially if I've already had some compacting drawers set up.

So far, though, I haven't destroyed anything. No block left behind! lol

I found that hooking an external storage or storage bus up to it and then using a key to hide the contents helps latency issues with it.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Oh, I didn't know you could use a key to hide the contents. I was going to use external storage, though. For the firs time, though, so I don't know what quirks to expect yet.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Now that I think about it, I did notice seeing multiple keys for it in JEI, I just didn't know what they were for.

I don't learn things the right way like normal people. I just jump in blind and figure things out as I go and miss half of it in the process :p

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
drawer key locks contents
concealment key hides the pictures on the front
personal key locks it to just where you can access the drawer
quantify key... not sure tbh

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Thanks. I'd say I most likely skipped over it because I wouldn't have known what the point of hiding the pictures was.

Though, now that I think about it, if I'm not going to get any of the cosmetic benefits of using the drawer, maybe I'd be better off with quantum storage. I haven't looked into it yet, but I would bet that it holds more, just by the cool name.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I know the locking key will lock all connected drawers if clicked on the controller. Don't know about the others.