Closed Minecraft not recieving a non-empy jar file download.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Summary of the problem Minecraft not recieving a non-empy jar file download. EDIT: This is incorrect, I just now figured out that the problem is related to the following line in the crash report. It took me some time to read the report properly, apologies for any confusion. What I had seen was that Minecraft wasn't downloading any of it's assets files, not this error, which I believe is the likely cause of Minecraft not launching:

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Patcher expecting non-empty class data file for net.minecraft.crash.CrashReport$1, but received empty, your vanilla jar may be corrupt.

Pack Version 1.0.0

What is the bug? When Minecraft starts, it tries to download the jar files, but what happens is that it receives an empty jar file download. This means that Minecraft cannot start and therefore exits, dumping control back to the FTB launcher.

Please see link to log file for what little detail is available for this startup error.

Mod & Version N/A

Link to log file http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/3ed601ab

Is it repeatable? Started Minecraft several times now.

Known Fix None known, may possibly be an issue on Mojang's end. I'm filing this report so that FTB can look into it from their end and determine if they've set up anything incorrectly.

Last edited:

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Remove all the added arguments you've done - and then do a force update of the pack (instructions for that can be found here: http://support.feed-the-beast.com/faq/)

Post new log if it still fails.

I'm not sure what removing the added arguments will do, they've been the same args forever and I don't want to remove them just for one pack. That would break a lot of other packs that work right now. If it ain't broke don't fix it, so the saying goes.

I did the "Force Update" but it's now stuck at "Downloading Files", with a big white "i" on a blue circle. I think this is the Minecraft executable trying to download it's jar files it needs.

Will post a new log if I can, when this requester goes away, if it goes away. EDIT: it finally went away, and Minecraft started building the pack. I don't think I'll need to post the log file if this successfully completes pack launching.

It's been stuck at this stage for over two minutes now. I don't know if it will complete. I don't know how to "strike out" text, but this is no longer the case.

Discussion on Discord chat suggests that it's due to the new snapshot Mojang released, which somehow broke the launcher when it comes to older versions of Minecraft.

I'll edit this post if I can get a new log or something happens. Edit: Finally launched successfully! :D I reckon this issue is resolved. For the time being, anyway.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Last edited:

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Discussion on Discord chat suggests that it's due to the new snapshot Mojang released, which somehow broke the launcher when it comes to older versions of Minecraft.

That shouldn't have any effect on the FTB legacy launcher, perhaps if you use Twitch and running native java (as it then uses the "new" launcher from mojang)

EDIT:
Do you have any antivirus software on that machine?

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
That shouldn't have any effect on the FTB legacy launcher, perhaps if you use Twitch and running native java (as it then uses the "new" launcher from mojang)

EDIT:
Do you have any antivirus software on that machine?

I do but I'm certain that it had no effect on the Minecraft launcher, anyway. Now that it's resolved all that needs to happen is for a mod to close this topic and mark as whatever.

Maybe it's possible the download didn't finish or failed somehow the first time the pack was run? I don't know, I'm tired of troubleshooting something that no longer persists, have a great day/night/whatever.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid