Ghost Mobs

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
M

Moesacra

Title Ghost Mobs

Launcher Type Twitch Desktop App

Modpack FTB Infinity Evolved

Modpack version 3.0.2

Have you modified the pack? Yes

Link to log file No Log File

Details of the issue So I have been experimenting with blood magic on a dedicated server with my friends and for whatever reason I am seeing hostile mobs such as spiders and creepers that spawn no matter what the lighting level is. They agro to me but do not do damage and I cannot seem to do damage back. No one else on the server can see this other than me.

For the mods I have added, All that was added was smart moving mod.

IF anyone knows why this is happening I would love to know.

Last edited by a moderator:

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Title Ghost Mobs

Launcher Type Twitch Desktop App

Modpack FTB Infinity Evolved

Modpack version 3.0.2

Have you modified the pack? Yes

Link to log file No Log File

Details of the issue So I have been experimenting with blood magic on a dedicated server with my friends and for whatever reason I am seeing hostile mobs such as spiders and creepers that spawn no matter what the lighting level is. They agro to me but do not do damage and I cannot seem to do damage back. No one else on the server can see this other than me.

For the mods I have added, All that was added was smart moving mod.

IF anyone knows why this is happening I would love to know.
So, here's a thing it might be: have you been doing much with Thaumcraft of late? That sounds a lot like some of the symptoms of warp craziness.

M

Moesacra

I personally have not been doing thaumcraft but the others have been. Would I see a negative de-buff from this?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Yes it is possible to "catch" some stuff in Thaumcraft. The player messing with Thaumcraft can pass certain (not intentionally) to other entities and players. So even nearby sheep and other mobs can catch some of the thaumcraft side effects.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
You sort of don't. Just don't play Thaumcraft your self and stay away from those that do. Eventually the effect will just go way on their own. Most are just a temp annoyance anyway. There are a few that are rather nasty. But those only happen to those playing with Thaumcraft.